Best MNSSHP Party Costumes- The DIS Awards!

Here's us on Thursday, 9/23.

halloweencastle.jpg

The kids after their face painting.

mnsshp.jpg

I thought this one came out great. The haunted carriage and halloween borders.

scaryghost.jpg

Finally, another photopass shot we had to take in front of Pirates because of DS costume.

piratesofcaribbean.jpg

i was there on 9/14 and due to getting stuck on splash mountain, we were there again on 9/18

the best costumes i saw on 9/14 were while waiting on line for donald and daisy...the family in front of us had 4 kids...the 2 older daughters were the evil step sisters, and the younger twin boy and girl were prince charming and cinderella...
i thought it was such a clever idea! i wish i had taken a picture....

i didn't see any of the costumes mentioned below on 9/18 though, i wish i had...the only ones i remember are seeing mr and mrs potato head....

We were there on the 14th and also got stuck on Splash Mountain too and missed the fireworks and I was a little mad but I that is not the 1st time that we have been stuck on that ride. Did you get to go again on the 18th for free because you were stuck or you just bought tickets? I thought about going to CS but I got over it thinking that they would not do anything for me besides the fastpasses we got while exiting the ride.
Where were you stuck? We were the 3rd or 4th log back from the big drop. It was so sad to hear the fireworks going on and even seeing the flash of the lights.

My favorite from the 18th were three ladies dressed up like Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather.

We went on October 1st. We had a blast!!! We saw a cool mad hatter, and the step sisters from Cinderella were very good.

We were there October 1st and saw a group dressed like Phineas, Ferb, Perry and Candace. They were hands down the best we saw that night.

We were supposed to go in September but our trip got postponed to mid-November. We already had the majority of our costumes put together. We've had so much fun indoctrinating our teen/pre-teen sons with the horrible '80's comedies we used to adore. My oldest insisted we dress up as nerds from Revenge of the Nerds. I ordered us all t-shirts: the guys were all gonna wear Lambda Lambda Lambda tees and I had an Omega Mu shirt done. We saved our 3D glasses from Toy Story 3 and popped the lenses out to wear for nerd glasses. We were going to wear odd, crazy socks pulled up high with tacky old 70's trousers cut off. We woulda rocked! I wonder, tho, if anyone would've gotten what we were, tho. LOL!

Sounds like a bunch of nerds to me. :rotfl2: Sorry you have to miss the party. Hope all the Christmas stuff will brighten your trip!

The best costume I saw was a homemade Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. I couldnt get pictures because my niece was absolutely TERRIFIED of anyone that had their face being covered by a costume.

Oh and the orange DJ guy from Yo Gabba Gabba

I am gonna try to post a picture of us. How are you able to post Photopass pictures? Did you buy the CD?

My favorite that I saw on 9/30 was Quinn and Rachel from "Glee". Quinn was in a cheerleading uniform, and Rachel was in a short skirt, knee socks, and a cardigan...very Rachel. The best part was that Quinn was carrying a slushee cup, and Rachel had a big blue stain on the front of her shirt. That will only make sense if you are a Glee fan, but I thought it was super cute!

We were there on the 18th as the cast from Wizard of OZ. DD 10 was Glenda, DD 8 was Dorothy, DS was scarecrow, I was Auntie Em, MIL was the Wicked Witch, DD 3 was the Lion and my husband was Tin Man. It was a blast.

Our favorites from that night were the Ghostbusters! They even had the little pack thingies (husband knows the name I forgot) that looked so real! We also saw the 3 fairies they were great! There were just so many awesome costumes! I think I saw the Tiana a previous posted mentioned, she was with a group of other girls dressed as princess'. They were great!

60176_1596321424930_1142801175_1633687_2532081_n.jpg

I love seeing costumes and the ideas people come up with!

I'll post my own this time, because I don't think anyone else will, but I saw many fantastic costumes our party night. We did get many compliments, though, so I thought I would share!

Oct. 29, 2010 Friday MNSSHP

My DD (10) was Strawberry Shortcake and I was Blueberry Muffin
232323232%7Ffp633%3A3%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3B888634%3Anu0mrj

I had sewn on El-wire to our costumes so at night we lit up. There were 3 settings we coud choose from : fash blink, slow blink or steady. We used steady the most followed by slow blink. We left fast blink alone. My DH and DS (13) wore matching black hooded robes.
232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3B889234%3Anu0mrj

We added a few glowstick touches (around wrists, ankles, my hat) and my DD and I wore glowbys in our hair.

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3A589934%3Anu0mrj

leaving the park after midnight...what a fun time we had :stitch2:

Strawberryblonde- GREAT costumes! I love that you sewed lights on them.

We went to the 10/7 party, and one of my favorites we saw out of the window while eating at Citricos before the party. A Mom, Dad and the two oldest kids were dressed as Vikings and the youngest was a dragon. It was sooo cute! At the party my favorite was probably the family dressed as the characters from Cinderealla; Mom and Dad were Cinderella and the Prince, Grandma was the Fairy Godmother, Grandpa was the King, the son was the Grand Duke complete with a curly mustache, and if I remember correctly the baby was dressed as Bruno.

There were also alot of Alice in Wonderland costumes the night we went. One of the best groups was a group of late teens or early twenties folks. They did the Tim Burton version and their group had a very good Mad Hatter, Alice in the outfit she had to put together when she was hiding in the Queen of Hearts garden- it was a very good reproduction of the outfit- and they had a very elaborate white queen.

I love seeing costumes and the ideas people come up with!

I'll post my own this time, because I don't think anyone else will, but I saw many fantastic costumes our party night. We did get many compliments, though, so I thought I would share!

Oct. 29, 2010 Friday MNSSHP

My DD (10) was Strawberry Shortcake and I was Blueberry Muffin
232323232%7Ffp633%3A3%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3B888634%3Anu0mrj

I had sewn on El-wire to our costumes so at night we lit up. There were 3 settings we coud choose from : fash blink, slow blink or steady. We used steady the most followed by slow blink. We left fast blink alone. My DH and DS (13) wore matching black hooded robes.
232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3B889234%3Anu0mrj

We added a few glowstick touches (around wrists, ankles, my hat) and my DD and I wore glowbys in our hair.

232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D5%3B%3A2%3E278%3E259%3EWSNRCG%3D3336%3C%3A589934%3Anu0mrj

leaving the park after midnight...what a fun time we had :stitch2:

Dd12 and I were there as well on Friday night. We saw ya'll near It's a Small World. Love the outfits.

We went to the Thursday October 7th party. My Aunt's costume was the best! She was Pinnochio before he turned into a boy! People we didn't know were asking to have their pictures taken with her and disney cast members were commenting to us how much they loved her costume. Great Party! We had such a blast!

21831660000.jpg

We attended on 10/26. This was my favorite that I saw:

IMG_2482.jpg

This is the one DH and I found the most personally terrifying:

IMG_2472.jpg

I also saw (but was unable to photograph) Waldo, which I thought was pretty funny.

Did anyone else see the bananas? They were hilarious and would stop and break out in song every once in awhile.

We were there Halloween night. My two faves were the bowling pins and dalmations!
There was an entire group of people (10) dressed as bowling pins, and there was one bowling ball. During the 5:40 parade the dancers would stop and start laughing at them once they saw them! There was also an entire family (at least 10 people) dressed as dalmations!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter