• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best bang-for-the-buck souvenirs?

I second the antenna topper. Since getting ours, I've been surprised at how many I've seen even around here at home.

I also have a license plate from the Pirates of the Caribbean on my car that I get to see every day! I would imagine they have these in the gift shops of every major ride. I might have to get a Splash Mountain one next and pass the Pirates one on to my husband. :)

One of my favorite trinkets is my Pirates of the Carribean ring. (The ones that have a skull with red "fake ruby" eyes.) Because Pirates is my favorite ride, it brings back memories of Disneyland and WDW. It comes in "fake gold" and "fake silver" and cost around $5 or $6. My sons always have to buy a bag of "jewels" at Pirates.

Bev

My very favorite thing I bought was the videos of the parks.
I use them VERY often and daydream of the parks. It keeps me going all year, until the next trip.

My fave souveniers would be my guest of honor badge, resort mug, Tigger keychain, and ornament. I tried finding AS postcards, but was outta luck, oh well, there's always next time whenever that may be. Also, my It's My Birthday badge is a cool (and free) souvenier, as well as my co-pilot licence from my ride in the front of the monorail.

Jules

On my last trip to WDW I was so happy to be taking my digital camera and all it's supplies. I was going to get THE best photos - and I am proud of a few them (if I say so myself). But what am I going to put them in? Hhmmm...

Ever notice how expensive a single frame can be at WDW? I found a collage frame for $25 that holds like 8 photos! It has a beautiful mat with Mickey on it making comments like "Did we do all that?" It is also in a nice black frame with little Mickey heads in the corners (done in gold). It is a nice way of looking back at our trip and seeing it all at once.

I would LOVE the Mickey antenna heads but my car doesn't have an antenna. Is there somewhere I can find the magnetic bumper stickers that not in WDW?

D4D

One of our best souveniers was a silhouette done of our girls at a little kiosk in Liberty Square at MK. I can't remember what the name of the kiosk was or what these silhouettes are actually called, but an artist cuts the silhouette from black paper and then mounts and frames it for you. It was maybe $7? We got each of the grandparents one for Christmas and they loved it!

Tracy in Idaho

I don't have a car when we are down in Disney but we use the Lynx buses a lot. to get to Beltz, take the bus from the TTC to near Sea World( the bus driver will tell you where to transfer) and transfer to another bus, go down International Drive to Beltz. There are schedules at the TTC information booth. Also I'd suggest you go to the Lynx site for more info. There are 2 busses one can catch from MK. The other bus goes down 192 for groceries, Walmart, Osceola Mall, Old town etc. Fare is $1.25, transfers free. Hopes this helps.

Ducky4Disney, my kids use the Mickey antenna toppers on the antennas on their boom boxes. This is actually a safety feature. :D Keeps the sharp antenna from pokin' them in the eyes.

i love my wdw mr potato head!

i have it on my desk at work; residents, staff and visitors have fun changing his appearance. it's become a competition between nurses from different wings in the building! great fun and reminds me of my trip daily!

There sure are a lot of great ideas here! I still use my 6 year old (almost to the day) resort mug--in fact it is here next to me now! Postcards are fairly inexpensive, take lots of photos, and scrapbook them into a really nice looking album later. I never did get an antenna ball, but see them a lot here in Texas.

An ornament every visit.... I have 6 or 7 antenae toppers and change them with the holidays....cell phone holder...I bought one of the soda holder thingys that look like a key chain for $3 and use it as a key chain (with a small stuffed Minnie hanging from it!) I have Mickey fuzzy dice hanging from my rearview mirror and Mr. Potato Head on my desk. I love all these little day-to-day stuff....makes me happy every time I see them.

We have a popcorn bucket with Mulan from MGM, and a Goofy Halloween mug from MK-both purchased for just a little more than a regular soda/popcorn would cost. Pins, mickey straws, maps, ride photos, ride vehicles, confetti from birthdays at character meals, beannies, magnets, souvie books and dvds, mini washcloths, caps, pens... You name it, I bought it. A lot was purchased at the outlets, though. Much, much cheaper! I don't think I could ever go by bus, though. Couldn't handle all my packages that far without a car....
For the earlier poster looking for a Minnie costume, try ebay.

I too like the things you can bring home and use everyday. Pencils and pens, magnets for the fridge and my coffee mug are some of my favorites. The girls had hats signed and wear them lots and hang them on a hook on their wall when not in use.

My antenna topper makes me smile every morning and helps my dd's find my car after school!!

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter