• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best bang-for-the-buck souvenirs?

Barb D

DIS Veteran
The budget for this trip is going to be extremely tight..to the point that we probably won't even buy t-shirts. (We each have several from previous trips.)

So what are your suggestions for the best bang-for-the-buck souvenirs? I'm thinking things that "take you back" to the magic every time you see them.

Here are some of mine:

- The $3 "Disney World - Been there, done that, GOING BACK!" magnetic bumper sticker we got at World of Disney. It's on the refrigerator now, but I really freaked my niece out with it at WDW. She saw it on our rental van, and was incredulous that I'd put it on there. "They LET you DO that?!?" she asked. "Well, I figure most people coming to Orlando are going to Disney World," I answered...before I showed her that it was a magnet.

- The Official Album and the Milennium Celebration CD, both of which have music from the parks. (I didn't get these at WDW, BTW...I got both of them locally.)

- The kids' autograph books and other autograph items. Last year DS brought a solid colored hat, DD brought a solid colored hip pack, and my little one had a Minnie blankie that I had made. They had the characters autograph them with Sharpie pens, and now they have *usable* souvenirs. This year DD wants to take a piece of fabric and an embroidery hoop (to hold the fabric taut.) When she gets home she'll either make a pillow or a wall hanging out of it. (We got this idea from these boards.)

What I'd LOVE to find is poster maps of the parks. I had a Disneyland one when I was a kid. I sure wish I knew what happened to it. Actually, any posters of the parks would be great. Anyone know where to find them?

Hello there!

Don't know about best bang for the buck stuff....but, you have just helped me out.
We are going in Dec. and have thought a lot about what to get.
I have read on this site that a lot of people go to the outlet mall to get souveniers. I thought that would be great for the kids....also help our wallets!

Lisajl

I think photos are the very best souvenirs and they are pretty cheap! Just take lots of great pictures! ;)

We also love to buy cool ink pens at Disney World. They really brighten my day when I'm writing out checks for bills in the middle of an ice storm or something!

Also, we get tons of use and enjoyment out of the refillable mugs we buy at the resorts! We have a set from each of the resorts we have stayed at. I love using them at work and at home. They always make me smile and remember.

I bought a beutiful Alice in Wonderland card type poster in a heavy duty tube for $15 in the shop in the castle,I have it in a purple frame on my stairs it looks AWESOME!!

The posters are 25.00 in the art store to the left as you walk into MK. They are in cylinders....they are of different things of DW, like the rides and such. My boys have Splash Mt. and Big Thunder hanging in their rooms, really great! But a little pricey. They are toward the back of the store.

I like the resort mugs as well. I also have some pins framed and on my wall. I choose my pins to remind me of things that happened on our trips. I also have Mickey key chain that I see every time I drive.
Robin M.

I would recommend the outlet stores. We went to the one at Belz as well as the one close to Crossroads. We bought gifts for family as well as souveniers and we figured out we paid about $100 for stuff that would have easily cost us $300 at the parks.

my favorite is autograph postcards and mickey head pens and pencils Michelle

I Love my mug...use it everyday.

Also love my red Xmas Mickey Ears....

and it's far from cheap but I adore the Epcot snow globe hubby bought me because epcot was my favorite park.

I have a $10 sterling silver ring that has Mickeys all around. My husband jokes that I seldom wear my wedding rings but I always wear my Mickey.

Also, I agree the Belz outlet is worth checking out. We bought our DD a shirt that said, "I'll never grow up" in the park for $20. The next day we visited the Belz outlet and saw the EXACT shirt for $6.99!

One of my favorites is a Sorcerer Mickey attached by a thin wire to a little suction cup. I have it on my rear view mirror and I always smile when I see it! $4.00 in the AK

Magnets are my thing: they're inexpensive, they come in all shapes, sizes, colors and styles, they fit easily in your luggage, and you know exactly where you're going to put them once you get home. Plus, every morning when you grab the milk to put on your cereal, you get a little dose of Disney.

I also like to get postcards. They're usually pretty cheap too. I bought a packet of cards showing the All-Star resorts for $3 or $4. I put them in my album along with my photos (the postcards usually look a lot nicer than my photos!).

I also like to save little things like napkins (like the one that's imprinted with "50s Prime Time Cafe"), ticket stubs, the free maps, etc.

I had a great big map of Disneyland when I was a kid. I loved it and got it out frequently to look at. I wonder whatever happened to it ...

I also have that Suction Cup Mickey, he is on my computer screen, looking at me right now!!!

I also can't say enough about pressed pennies. Just got back from a trip to Niagara Falls, and all the DS wanted was a pressed penny for his Mickey Book. Worked for me.

My personal (and gift) favorite is the Mickey head antenna thingee, especially the flag one. Aside from constantly giving me a smile every time I approach my car, it makes it easy to find in the parking lot.

My favorite is Christmas ornaments. We usually try to pick one up of the resort we stayed at, or one of the parks. They are only up for a little while, but they really seem special when I pull them out.

Hi

We always buy our souvenirs in the outlet shops, even if we are a year behind, I bought 2 xmas tree decorations reduced from $8.99 to $0.99 with Epcot & Magic Kingdom 2001, but who would know what year we bought them.
This year we also got some amazing T-shirts, mugs, Pin badges at a fraction of what you would pay in the parks.
We also collect Pressed Pennies, Pencils, Shot glasses Postcards, which are all low cost souvenirs.

We have a picture in a Disney frame magnet on our fridge of us with Mickey, and always brings back happy memories :D

Nikki

Hey...exactly how good is the outlet mall?
I see that some of you have found good deals...is that always the case?
Since we are going at the end of December...do you think there might be more to choose from?
Lisajl

These are the Outlets with Disney discounted merchandise.
[also look for store with Universal discounted merchandise. ]

Belz Factory Outlet World
5401 West Oakridge Road
(I-4 Exit 30A)
Phone: 407-352-9611

Orlando Premium Outlets
Vineland Avenue
Off I-4 near
DownTown Disney
Phone: 407-238-7787

Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores
State Road 535
Near Walt Disney World Resort
[1 mile from WDW!!]

Happy Shopping!!

Pictuers, a tie, a book, a pin. I have a wet paint sign with donald duck on it that was free. Some times it's more fun just to look. I can't tell you how much stuff we have bought that ends up never being used or even looked at. Enjoy!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter