• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

When we were at BCV in mid June of this year we were in room 451. It was very much in need of a refrub a year ago let alone months from now. We did not complain about the worn out look because we were under the impression the refrub was already underway and our room just had not been done. I for the life of me just do not understand how they could let these room deteriorate this much before doing as refrub. I guess they figured they already got their money out of us so whats the hurry. The resort itself was in very good condition and overall we very much enjoyed our stay and plan on going back.....smjj

What I don't understand is the refurb is paid for by DVC dues, not Disney's money. They have collected the money, why hasn't it started? I own at BWV and was surprised that they have done another full refurb, the last one was around 2010. If I was a BCV owner, I would be complaining, something doesn't add up.

Bottom line is that as owners we don't know why DVCMC does what they do, when they schedule refurbs, what's included, the design, quality of material and cost.

They are pretty much free to do what they want with our money, people will say that there are laws or audits to ensure that they are looking out for our best interests but I sometimes wonder.

:earsboy: Bill

Was YC originally scheduled before or after BC? Maybe they pushed the Villas to get YC done first. Unacceptable, but possible.

We just left there last week and had a great stay. As others have pointed out, signs of wear are everywhere. Our towel rack in the bathroom completely came out of the wall our first day.

We love BCV but will likely not return until a refurb is completed. It doesn't make sense why the other resorts are taken care of so much better. Walking back to our room we could see into many of the BC rooms that have been completed. Looked really nice, made us wish we had one of those rooms!

I agree! Our first stay in the villas, but won't be back until it's refurbished. On a positive note I did see signs of renovations in first floor windows. We also saw workers bring in new vanities. This was on the back walkway out of the villas towards Epcot. So maybe it's just taking longer?

@wallygirl I am so confused now. You are live at BCV and you see signs for renovations at the villas? We have been told they've been delayed indefinitely. If you can find out any info while you're there that would be amazing. Thank you!

I saw the same thing last week. Those are not Villa rooms but rather they are BC rooms that you see along the walk back from EPCOT.

I've heard the reason is they are moving people from VWL due to their construction.

I agree! Our first stay in the villas, but won't be back until it's refurbished. On a positive note I did see signs of renovations in first floor windows. We also saw workers bring in new vanities. This was on the back walkway out of the villas towards Epcot. So maybe it's just taking longer?

Sounds like either you were looking at BC rooms or else the test rooms are probably getting finished up. That would need to happen whether the rest went forward or not or they would just be out of inventory indefinitely too.

I've heard the reason is they are moving people from VWL due to their construction.
This is one of those internet rumors that will never die.

If you think about it, it makes no sense to delay the BCV renovation to accommodate the shifting of guests from VWL.

First, if DVCMC had started the BCV renovation in June, a large percentage of it would be completed before the construction even starts on October 26, 2015 at Wilderness Lodge. Why delay the BCV renovation until next year, especially when it looks like the Wilderness renovation project will last until 2017 or 2018?

Second, DVC has much more excess inventory at the other DVC resorts that can absorb the VWL guests. There are 136 vacation homes at VWL and I suspect DVC will continue to use about half of them (about 68 vacation homes) during the construction. If the displaced guests were spread over the remaining seven WDW DVC resorts, there is little need to use BCV to absorb hardly any VWL guests.

Only a fraction of BCV's 208 vacation homes will be taken out of operation at any one time while they are being renovated. Do you think as many as 30 or 40 BCV vacation homes would be undergoing renovation at the same time? If so, BCV's ability to absorb displaced VWL guests pales in comparison to what could be absorbed by just OKW, AKV or SSR.

Some people have commented that they saw a sudden increase in BCV availability a few weeks back, supposedly due to DVCMC releasing inventory that had previously been set aside for the renovations. However, if DVCMC was postponing the BCV renovation to have BCV villas available to absorb the displaced VWL guests, wouldn't it make sense for DVCMC to have kept those BCV villas under an administrative hold and NOT release them to the general DVC membership? It could then shift the VWL guests directly into the BCV villas.

I like an alternative reason for the postponement: I think it was Simba's Mom who wondered whether DVCMC heard all the complaints about the designs and colors being proposed for the renovation and decided to go back to the drawing boards and come up with a renovation that was more "beachy." In my opinion, that reason makes as much sense as the VWL reason.

I like an alternative reason for the postponement: I think it was Simba's Mom who wondered whether DVCMC heard all the complaints about the designs and colors being proposed for the renovation and decided to go back to the drawing boards and come up with a renovation that was more "beachy." In my opinion, that reason makes as much sense as the VWL reason.

I sure hope you are right, I was not very fond of the new look at all. It was not true to the theme of "Beach Club". The new look was generic and I am sure saved them a bundle choosing something that could be used in any resort. It bothered me that they have a resort called Beach club and looks like a beach club then change the new room decor to be a generic look, I just could not figure that out and maybe enough people complained like you said, I hope you are right...smjj

I sure hope you are right, I was not very fond of the new look at all. It was not true to the theme of "Beach Club". The new look was generic and I am sure saved them a bundle choosing something that could be used in any resort. It bothered me that they have a resort called Beach club and looks like a beach club then change the new room decor to be a generic look, I just could not figure that out and maybe enough people complained like you said, I hope you are right...smjj
Although I might "like" the idea of a change in design and colors as the reason for the postponement, I don't give it much weight and I don't think anyone else should either.

Actually, if I had to guess a reason for the postponement, I'd guess it was because of a computer glitch. DVCMC had blocked out the BCV villas over a period of months so that the renovation could be done. Then, the hold on the villas was erroneously removed, letting all those villas go back into the DVC member inventory. By the time the error was detected, DVC members had booked all of the villas that should have remained empty for the renovation. To go forward with the renovation using the original dates, DVCMC would have to move all of those BCV reservations to other resorts.

Do I have any proof this is the reason for the delay? None whatsoever. But it is plausible and not inconsistent with the limited facts we know about.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up about them hearing complaints that the new design wasn't beachy enough and so maybe they were going back to the design/drawing board and changing it. Unfortunately, that's just my hope, not based on hearing anything (no, not even from a bus driver):). It's just that "Hope springs eternal" as they say (who said that?).

Sounds like either you were looking at BC rooms or else the test rooms are probably getting finished up. That would need to happen whether the rest went forward or not or they would just be out of inventory indefinitely too.
Maybe test rooms since the vanities were being brought in the back side of the DVC building?

@wallygirl I am so confused now. You are live at BCV and you see signs for renovations at the villas? We have been told they've been delayed indefinitely. If you can find out any info while you're there that would be amazing. Thank you!
Wasn't able to find out any info (the BCV CMs are definitely not as friendly as the main lobby CMs...grumpy all three days and three different ones). But we saw them wheeling a vanity into the BCV building. As someone pointed out maybe it was for the test room?

Any updates? On other sites I read that the Villas will be done by December. On this one it says they have not been started. We are going for Christmas and would love a renovated room.

Any updates? On other sites I read that the Villas will be done by December. On this one it says they have not been started. We are going for Christmas and would love a renovated room.

No other reports yet of anything going on. I'd not expect them to be done by Dec.

I was just at BCV the last weekend in July and was told the refurb on the villas wouldn't start until 2016.

I was just at BCV the last weekend in July and was told the refurb on the villas wouldn't start until 2016.
Yes, that is what others are posting that they have heard. Were you pleased with the condition of your room? :confused3Hope that you had a GREAT time!:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter