Awkward sleeping arrangement

With anybody (or anybody except your partner), fine. But when you're willing to share a bed with your same-sex sibling/parent/child, but not mom/son or daughter/brother, you subconsciously sexualize the sleeping arrangements.

I'm not advocating it - I would share a room but not a bed with my brother, but i wouldn't share with my mom or sister, either.

Uh, OK. Again, far deeper (and I don't even agree with your comment above) than my thoughts. I simply wouldn't share except for with DW.

Wow, OK. You're reading a lot of hidden meaning into something. Nobody ever said anything about sexualizing anything. Sharing a bed just isn't something I'm going to do.
You’re the one who posted about having different values, which implies there’s some sort of impropriety in sleeping with someone who isn’t a spouse.

I get wanting to have separate space. I wouldn’t share a bed with my sister because she hogs the bed and the covers. That has nothing to do with my “values,” except maybe to the extent I value my space.

OP, I think Pop is a great idea. I was there right after the renovations started and was able to get one of the newly refurbished room. We were very happy with it.

Last edited:
You’re the one who posted about having different values, which implies there’s some sort of impropriety in sleeping with someone who isn’t a spouse.

I get wanting to have separate space. I wouldn’t share a bed with my sister because she hogs the bed and the covers. That has nothing to do with my “values,” except maybe to the extent I value my space.

OP, I think Pop is a great idea. I was there right after the renovations started and was able to get one of the newly refurbished room. We were very happy with it.

Bolded the key word for you there. That was your interpretation, not what I actually said. You want to dig deep and try to find some Freudian hidden meaning, that's cool. But truth is I just don't want to share a bed with anyone...male, female, dog, cat, Mickey Mouse...except my wife. That simple.

You stated, “because everyone has different values.” I never took a Freudian hidden meaning from that, just a suggestion of moral superiority. Glad I was wrong.

ETA: fixed my misquote.

Last edited:
At 25 and 30 yrs old, can your adult children not contribute to the pot so you can get two rooms?

I don't know about the OP but I have a 25 year old dd who is still in school and not working and graduates in May. She has a job lined up for September 2019 so she wouldn't be able to contribute but I wouldn't ask anyway if I wanted to take them away.

OP, I would go with two rooms for two bathrooms, tvs, privacy, etc. or rent DVC points.

You stated, “because everyone has different morals.” I never took a Freudian hidden meaning from that, just a suggestion of moral superiority. Glad I was wrong.

Please find the post where I said people have different "morals". Again, you're reading into and interpretation.

ETA: I'll help you....here was my quote, word for word....

Because everyone has their own values.

If you want to equate "values" with "morals", that's your prerogative/slant...not mine.

Last edited:

Please find the post where I said people have different "morals". Again, you're reading into and interpretation.

ETA: I'll help you....here was my quote, word for word....

If you want to equate "values" with "morals", that's your prerogative/slant...not mine.

I apologize for the misquote and fixed it. That was accidental - brain skipping ahead to my next sentence and all that.

For future reference, there is a significant difference in size between:

a pull-down bunk at Caribbean Beach / Riverside = 29" x 67"

a twin sized bed = 38" x 75"

Last edited:
OP, the All Stars are being renovated to have the same updated rooms as Pop. I think they're about 50% done with All Star Movies, with the other two to come later. If the price of Pop rooms goes up more than you're comfortable with once the Skyliner opens, you could always check into staying at the All Stars, since their rooms are already cheaper, and will (presumably) be more so once the Skyliner opens.

Did you check and see if any of the hotels have roll away beds? We are a budget family so I understand. We just did the air bed thing in disney area last week. The plug in pump was 10.00 and the mattress was 15.00 we ordered it on our walmart.com order. I brought the pump back with me.
We got the queen but they had a twin. Kids really did not care they thought it was cool.

We stayed at Sheraton vistana paid 279 for a one bedroom had a pull out couch in the living room. But we have little and big kids as well.
http://www.skyauction.com/

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter