Awkward sleeping arrangement

Iheart3

Earning My Ears
I am planning our next trip to Disney World in 4 years for next November. This will include myself, DS30, DD25 and DD15. Technically we can stay in a standard value room but truthfully neither me or the girls want to sleep with their 6 '2" brother so we need at least three sleeping areas. The cheapest possibility is packing an air mattress and electric pump. The next cheapest is Caribbean Beach because they have a fifth sleeper though I'm not sure even my shortest daughter at 5'4" would fit. Next is two rooms at all star movies. Last price wise is 2 rooms at Pop Century. All of these choices have negatives and positives. I've even looked off-site but there really doesn't seem to be a savings and truthfully we want the flexibility of splitting up and being able to go back to the room.
I'm a single parent and don't make much so cost is a factor but I would like to do this with all my kids because it might be the last time. So anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Two rooms. My kids are 19 and 13 so any future trips will be two rooms. Them sharing a bed for a week or more isn’t going to happen. Also DD13 LOVES her sleep so an air mattress, pull out bed or the little pull out cot in CBR just won’t cut it for her.

For me in August two rooms at a value was more expensive than one cabin at Fort Wilderness. Just something to consider. The cabin has bunk beds and another bed (full size?) in the bedroom plus a pull out couch. (Although if you’re like me you’ll then want a golf cart, which adds to the cost. For us it was just one night before we start camping so we have the cart anyhow)

If you want more comfort for the adult kids I'd go for 2 rooms or offsite with multiple bedrooms.

You can check into Disney Springs hotels too in terms of 2 rooms if you want to be closer. They are on-property but not Disney owned.

Are you 4 or 5 people? if only 4, I would sleep in a moderate with a sleeper. Your youngest daughter, 5'4", can fit on the sleeper, no problem, your older son can have a bed to his own and you and your middle daughter can share a queen size bed. That's what I would do.

Off-site hotels aren't cheaper, but off-site houses are. You can find a great house for around $100 per night

Okay, granted I am an old timer and a Disneylander, not a DisneyWorlder, but don't the offer roll a way beds anymore? I do totally understand the bathroom point though. I'm just back from a Spring Training trip to Phoenix and our adult daughter went with us. Our room had 2 queen size beds, but just one bathroom. When you are used to three bathrooms at home, having just one is a little different.

At 25 and 30 yrs old, can your adult children not contribute to the pot so you can get two rooms? My adult children would not want/expect to share a bed with their sibling. With essentially 4 adults, two rooms/4 beds and two bathrooms is the way to go. I'd do two rooms at All Stars.

But she said she has already looked at this and saw no savings and wants the flexibility of returning to the resort if they spilt up.

For our upcoming trip in April, our family got a 2BR condo for the same price as a single room at an All-Star. For what you save in hotel costs, you can take a bunch of Ubers or Lyfts. Tack on that we have a full kitchen and can cook some of our own meals and the cost savings can be significant. Now, if your heart is set on staying inside the bubble, that’s one thing, but there are some bargains to be had offsite if money is the main issue.

For our upcoming trip in April, our family got a 2BR condo for the same price as a single room at an All-Star. For what you save in hotel costs, you can take a bunch of Ubers or Lyfts. Tack on that we have a full kitchen and can cook some of our own meals and the cost savings can be significant. Now, if your heart is set on staying inside the bubble, that’s one thing, but there are some bargains to be had offsite if money is the main issue.

I understand where you're coming from! ::yes:: Personally, I like the Disney bubble, but my family is only 3 so space wise and cost wise it works. :P

Thanks for the replies from everyone! First, to clarify my older two kids are contributing to the trip! However, they are pretty strapped for cash too. I'm just lucky they manage to live in their own. I can pay for two rooms but just seeing if anyone has a better idea. As far as staying offsite, I have done it in the past. In fact, the last trip with only my DD15 (then DD10) was the first time on-site which is when I realized how convenient the bus system is. I hadn't thought of Uber though I would be nervous about DD15 or even DD25 using it by herself but would be okay with either using the bus.
The family suites are actually a little more expensive then two rooms at all star music.
Again thanks for the replies!

I'm with 2TXAgs, you may be Mama and want ot bring the kids on vaca, and that is awesome, but at 25 and 30, even if they aren't sharing the cost equally (I get that, we would be considering the same with a 23 and 25 yo) they could maybe contribute in some ways that would lighten your load so getting two rooms would be easier or whatever you decide. Maybe they agree to cover the cost of lunch every day--they can take turns, or buy their own park ticket. Would that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter