• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Awkward sleeping arrangement

We stayed at Movies a few weeks ago. Our room was not upgraded. It still had full size beds. It was fine for the first few days my daughter (18) and I each had our own bed. My husband joined us for the last few days. My daughte and I shared a bed because there was not enough room for my husband and I.

For four adults I'd want two rooms, especially if any of the rooms still have only full beds. Especially when one adult is 6'2". :)

As others said, not just for more sleeping space, but more space to get ready in the morning, to eat if you want to have some meals/snacks in room to save money, etc. :)

We had two older teenagers and an adult in one room at POFQ and only having one bathroom was a bit of a struggle. I can't imagine four. I also do not consider off-site an option, just because people don't always stay together and someone might want to leave earlier or go back or any number of things and negotiating multiple Ubers or shuttles or whatever just isn't my thing.

I'd get two value rooms.

Has anyone suggested offsite? Bonnet Creek is wonderful. It is actually on Disney's property. There are reputable ebay'ers to book through. $600 to $800 for a week 2 bedroom 2 bathroom kitchen living and balcony, lazy river pools pirate pools regular pools hot tubs pool bars, restaurant If you are flying, you could rent a car. Parking at the parks is $25 per day. We did 2 onsite trips but as a family of 5 it became cost prohibitive....last 3 trips were offsite, with 2 being at bonnet creek. I was worried about missing the magic but really I had magic all day at parks. It is so close you could go home relax and swim and then go back to the parks...you can even see fireworks from some units if not at park [and viewing areas]. Just an idea.

just saw that you wanted to be onsite for buses...I believe bonnet creek provides shuttles and they run every half hour? I never used them.

Okay, granted I am an old timer and a Disneylander, not a DisneyWorlder, but don't the offer roll a way beds anymore? I do totally understand the bathroom point though. I'm just back from a Spring Training trip to Phoenix and our adult daughter went with us. Our room had 2 queen size beds, but just one bathroom. When you are used to three bathrooms at home, having just one is a little different.
Never had an option for rollaway at WDW. Many hotels are doing g away with them due to occupancy/ fire codes.

I'm in my 30s. So is my brother. We aren't sharing a bed together even if budget is a concern. Unless my mother is ill and we are visiting her and there is one bed in a 25 mile radius of us and no couch to sleep on then MAYBE we will share a bed. I'll figure out a way to get extra money if budget is that tight or just not go at all.

If there were 1 bed within a 25 mile radius, guarantee I’d be in it & my brother would be sleeping on the floor! LOL :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter