Awkward sleeping arrangement

We did the family suite at All Stars with my older teens and it worked out great. The two bathrooms were the icing on the cake!

Hi DD15 cannot use uber by herself. As someone who drives occasionally, we are not allowed to pick up unaccompanied minors.
My daughters have ubered before turning 18, even overseas, before I became aware of the restriction. I know of several younger teens who have ubered.

Dd22 and ds20 have ubered many, many times alone.

Cabins are a great alternative. You will also have a full kitchen that you will have access to for breakfast to help save a little money. Son could sleep on pull out couch and others bed room. I think there is a queen size bed and bunks you can make use of.

As a couple others have said check the cabins at FW. Great set up that gives you just over 500sq of space. It is a queen bed (and most luggage fits under it to make space) and bunk beds in the bed room and a sleep sofa in the living area.

Stay at Bonnet Creek. It is practically next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort. Not Disney owned but nicer than some of the Disney hotels. They have two to four bedroom villas and the resort is beautiful. You can rent through vecationupgrades. Can have a whole villa for less than one hotel room through Disney. Under $200 a night including taxes.

Also check out the SpringHill Suites Flamingo Crossing.. Newer hotels that include free breakfast and very close to parks.

I'd look into renting DVC points. A 2BR would give you togetherness and some privacy plus multiple bathrooms.
We have stayed both off and on site and the big drawback of staying offsite with multiple adults is that if you only rent 1 vehicle, everyone has to come and go together. That can be annoying. Staying onsite gives everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.

I'd look into renting DVC points. A 2BR would give you togetherness and some privacy plus multiple bathrooms.
We have stayed both off and on site and the big drawback of staying offsite with multiple adults is that if you only rent 1 vehicle, everyone has to come and go together. That can be annoying. Staying onsite gives everyone the freedom to come and go as they please.
Renting points for a 2 bedroom villa will cost more that 2 moderates (we rented points for our family of 7 and had SO much room).

It would be tight, but you could rent a studio at BWV which sleeps 5: 1Queen, 1 sleeper sofa and 1 pull down bunk size bed. I have slept on the pull down bunk bed (I'm 5'5") and I found it comfortable. Here is a link to David's DVC rental which has more details. https://www.dvcrequest.com/boardwalk-villas.asp
Excluding the nights around Thanksgiving, the point requirements are 15-16 (fri/sat) points per night for preferred&boardwalk view and 10-14 (fri/Sat) points per night for std view. (Std view is extremely hard to book--even at 11 months). I believe David's now charges $18.00 per point. David's acts as a go-between between the owners and the renters.

If you want to rent directly from an owner, you can take a look at the rental board on the DVC Rent/Trade forum on the Dis https://disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-trade.29/

Is anyone in your group eligible to reserve a room at Shades of Green? Their standard room sleeps 5. The couch converts to a single bed. Prices, depending on rank, can actually be less expensive than a value.

I vote two rooms at a value resort. If you stayed off site the costs of the multiple uber rides wouldn’t make it any cheaper in my opinion. Plus if your 15 year old wanted to break away it’s less of a problem for her to ride the bus back to the hotel.

Hi again! Thanks for all the ideas. Some I had already considered and others I hadn't thought of. Anyway, finally got to talk to my kids after twisting myself in knots about what to do. The consensus was that they want to spend as much time in the parks as possible and the faster we get there the better! The two older kids are going to kick in a bit more and I will try to overcome my extreme tendency to be cheap. The winner is two rooms at Pop Century. It has a dedicated bus line and possibly the skyl iner by then. It's a little more than all star music but the rooms have been refurbished and now has coffee makers! So not the absolute cheapest but it covers all the things we find most important. Thanks for all the ideas!

Two rooms at a value is what our family has done the last few trips. My kids are 28 and 25 and they enjoy having their own bed and bathroom. It makes for more rested campers in the morning which means much-better moods! I think you’ll be very happy with the arrangement.

Hi again! Thanks for all the ideas. Some I had already considered and others I hadn't thought of. Anyway, finally got to talk to my kids after twisting myself in knots about what to do. The consensus was that they want to spend as much time in the parks as possible and the faster we get there the better! The two older kids are going to kick in a bit more and I will try to overcome my extreme tendency to be cheap. The winner is two rooms at Pop Century. It has a dedicated bus line and possibly the skyl iner by then. It's a little more than all star music but the rooms have been refurbished and now has coffee makers! So not the absolute cheapest but it covers all the things we find most important. Thanks for all the ideas!
Sounds awesome! Fingers crossed the gondola system is fully operational for you all! I was reading a bit on the rumor thread on it and it sounds VERY efficient, gonna put buses to shame if it works right :)

It's a little more than all star music but the rooms have been refurbished and now has coffee makers! So not the absolute cheapest but it covers all the things we find most important. Thanks for all the ideas!

I think POP is a great choice for your situation, but don't get all excited about the coffee maker. In room coffee is horrible, like double up the coffee pods for one cup, use bottled water and still barely drinkable with cream and sugar horrible.

I think POP is a great choice for your situation, but don't get all excited about the coffee maker. In room coffee is horrible, like double up the coffee pods for one cup, use bottled water and still barely drinkable with cream and sugar horrible.
I'll admit I haven't tried POP's coffee or other ones in WDW's rooms or food courts because it would go straight through me which isn't good for theme park touring lol but I remember a thread not too long ago about in-room coffees in general...turns out not everyone has the same opinion :)

So I'd say you didn't like the coffee but certaintly the OP and her family are welcome to try it out and see if it suits them. For you it doesn't :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter