Aulani Refresh

Is the Hawaii fall break over? We check in on Saturday and it would be nice if it was less busy.

Also, do they have the pumpkin dole whip?

Xmas?? we arrive on Nov 11..hoping xmas will be up 👍🏻
We were there one year for Thanksgiving and the decorations started going up Thanksgiving night. They increased each night, for a few nights, while we were sleeping. Not sure if this is their plan every year, but it definitely seemed well planned.

I’m hopping on this thread hoping to see if anyone knows when the refurbishment is supposed to be completed?
I read an article saying end of 2021. But I’ve been reading TR saying it’s still underway.
Thank you!

It seems to be underway b/c I can’t find anything for early April
Oh, is Aulani usually available 2 mo out on April?
I know nothing about Aulani reservation pattern.
Thank you.

For those with a need to know, a call to Aulani might clear the air...(808) 674-6200.

For those with a need to know, a call to Aulani might clear the air...(808) 674-6200.
Thank you.
I guess I’m used to not calling disney hotels on the mainland since it’s usually a long wait before anyone from the front desk would come on the phone. Last time I called GC I was on hold for 30min 🤦🏻‍♀️.
Maybe Aulani will be different. I’ll try calling. Thanks for the number.

Update from room 1450. No noticeable upgrades to the room but everything is CLEAN and in excellent condition. The carpet, in particular, is looking wonderful. Nice and plush.

Update from room 1450. No noticeable upgrades to the room but everything is CLEAN and in excellent condition. The carpet, in particular, is looking wonderful. Nice and plush.
We were in 1452 in 2019...love the view. Hoping to get a 1-BR with the same view this year.

Anyone know the schedule for a full refurbishment? Shouldn't that occur every ~14 years and the resort has been open for ~11 years? Seems like this soft refresh is the first one? Hoping for a full refurbishment at some point that will brighten up/modernize the rooms a bit.

Anyone know the schedule for a full refurbishment? Shouldn't that occur every ~14 years and the resort has been open for ~11 years? Seems like this soft refresh is the first one? Hoping for a full refurbishment at some point that will brighten up/modernize the rooms a bit.
The rooms are darker and wood tones as a deliberate design choice. They're not dated, they look that way on purpose. They're very Hawaiian.

I understand that it's not everyone's preference, but I wouldn't expect a future refurb to substantially deviate from that.

The rooms are darker and wood tones as a deliberate design choice. They're not dated, they look that way on purpose. They're very Hawaiian.

I understand that it's not everyone's preference, but I wouldn't expect a future refurb to substantially deviate from that.

My guess is a full refurb would keep some darker/wood tones but overall lead to more contrast with brighter elements (similar to the Poly refurb but without the Moana theme). Again, this is my guess/hope. I understand the darker tones were deliberate.

But my question was really around the schedule for a full refurbishment. We were just back at Aulani last month and our room had the soft goods update (new carpets, upholstery, TV). I am curious whether this refresh now means it would be another ~7 years for a full refurbishment which would then be ~19 years after opening - that seems long.

My guess is a full refurb would keep some darker/wood tones but overall lead to more contrast with brighter elements (similar to the Poly refurb but without the Moana theme). Again, this is my guess/hope. I understand the darker tones were deliberate.

But my question was really around the schedule for a full refurbishment. We were just back at Aulani last month and our room had the soft goods update (new carpets, upholstery, TV). I am curious whether this refresh now means it would be another ~7 years for a full refurbishment which would then be ~19 years after opening - that seems long.
FWIW, all of the furniture in my unit is in excellent condition except for one or two hinges on kitchen cabinets, which stick a little. The king bed in the master is the older style, but the headboard and mattress are great. The beds in the second bedroom look newer to me. They're the stilted style with big under-bed storage for suitcases. I'm not sure if Aulani opened with those, or if they got replaced off-cycle at some point.

When DVC was created, the plan was for soft goods updates every 12 years and hard goods every 24 years. It wasn’t until 2016 that the 7 year-14 year schedule was announced. They’ve been playing catch-up ever since, and COVID-19 didn’t help. BRV is way “younger” than Aulani and way overdue for refurb, hopefully will be done this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter