Aulani Refresh

FinnFogg

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know whether the Aulani soft-goods “refresh” refurbishment (originally scheduled for 2020, confirmed in Dec 2020 that it would happen in 2021 instead) is underway yet? Any thoughts on how long it will take to complete the project?

Looks like they pulled all room inventory between early September and early October, so I'd guess that's when they're planning the refurb.

We are there October 8th-12th... hopefully we get a refurbed room!
If they stick to that schedule, I'd say you have a really good chance. We'll be there end of October, so I'm hoping for a fresh room too!

I would like to know as well. We are scheduled to be there 9/5-9/12 in a one bedroom villa.
It's the Disney Vacation Club availability calendar. I wouldn't worry about it affecting already booked trips. It's common to see them block off dates like that for DVC members so that they can keep a certain number of rooms empty to do the refurb work. They won't close all villas at once during the refurb, most likely they'll rotate through a few floors or do a building at a time.

It's the Disney Vacation Club availability calendar. I wouldn't worry about it affecting already booked trips. It's common to see them block off dates like that for DVC members so that they can keep a certain number of rooms empty to do the refurb work. They won't close all villas at once during the refurb, most likely they'll rotate through a few floors or do a building at a time.
I just checked the availability of a one bedroom ocean view for 9/14-9/24, and it was available.

I just checked the availability of a one bedroom ocean view for 9/14-9/24, and it was available.
Yeah, I see that too. The availability seems to have filled back in during that time for most room types. It'll be interesting to see if that's still the timeframe for the refurb or just an odd availability blip. 🤷‍♂️

If the resort is still at reduced capacity, they might start with closed rooms first.

If the resort is still at reduced capacity, they might start with closed rooms first.
I wonder, are they doing refurbs on the hotel rooms and the DVC villas? I wonder if they'd start on the hotel rooms prior to summer, then move to the villas in the fall.

Five weeks?

Didn't Saratoga Springs take like two years? I know it's a much bigger resort, but still...
Aulani is only doing a soft goods refurb. Saratoga got the full makeover.

We stayed in a DVC studio several weeks ago and both my husband and I noticed a huge difference in the mattress quality and it was significantly softer this time.

Also, the TV system got an upgrade. The display on the TV screen welcomes you by name when you walk in the room, you can watch DVC videos and other programming such as bedtime stories on demand, and you can stream from a Chromecast device. Sadly, there's no way to plug in an Apple TV anymore and the TV screen is still small :(

Every other part of the room seemed exactly the same as when we stayed in Nov. and Dec. 2020 so I'm not sure if the mattress/TV are the extent of the refurbishment?

Every other part of the room seemed exactly the same as when we stayed in Nov. and Dec. 2020 so I'm not sure if the mattress/TV are the extent of the refurbishment?
These refurbs would always include carpet, at a minimum. But maybe they removed and replaced with the exact same stuff?

Aulani is only doing a soft goods refurb. Saratoga got the full makeover.

We stayed in a DVC studio several weeks ago and both my husband and I noticed a huge difference in the mattress quality and it was significantly softer this time.

Also, the TV system got an upgrade. The display on the TV screen welcomes you by name when you walk in the room, you can watch DVC videos and other programming such as bedtime stories on demand, and you can stream from a Chromecast device. Sadly, there's no way to plug in an Apple TV anymore and the TV screen is still small :(

Thanks - good to know about the Apple TV I was going to bring one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter