Aulani Refresh

Any feedback re the furniture? Did they replace/reupholster the sofa and chairs. They were looking a little rough last time we were there!

I am wondering too. I've been trying to search everywhere possible online, but not much success.

So if I had an updated TV (we did, no more DVD etc) did we have a fully updated room? Or are they doing it in stages.

So if I had an updated TV (we did, no more DVD etc) did we have a fully updated room? Or are they doing it in stages.
Do you have some photos? I bet some Aulani fans can spot it. They were only doing some soft goods changes, so it might be just that and a few other items.

I’m still surprised by the lack of photos for this soft goods refurbishment. I know the vloggers and such aren’t going to get out there like they did for the Poly’s new rooms.

I’m still surprised by the lack of photos for this soft goods refurbishment. I know the vloggers and such aren’t going to get out there like they did for the Poly’s new rooms.
From what I gather, it's basically the same thing only newer and cleaner. You might not even notice whether you're in a refurbished room unless you're closely inspecting the condition of the carpet.

From what I gather, it's basically the same thing only newer and cleaner. You might not even notice whether you're in a refurbished room unless you're closely inspecting the condition of the carpet.
Agreed. Truly a soft goods, but usually the carpet is different. The poly soft goods was a lot more comprehensive than a usual one. I always liked the Aulani rooms so I’m fine with little changes. I think the tv is larger too. 🤷🏻‍♂️ We never use it.

I’m going over New Years so…maybe I’ll be the first comprehensive photo review 😂

Currently 3 floors of the Ewa wing are closed for refurb.

We're checking in on the 8th, if we get a refurbished room I can take pics of whatever you like. There isn't a place to put any requests other than 'near lobby' for both drop downs. :tilt:

Currently 3 floors of the Ewa wing are closed for refurb.

Do you happen to know which floors? I have an Ocean View booked for this Thursday and called DVC to request Ewa Tower, with a view overlooking the pool. I probably should have also asked for a high floor - unless those are the ones currently closed off. I'd be really sad if i was on a low floor that only had a peek of the ocean but a great view of the pool!

Alas no refurbished room for us. We are in the tower facing the four seasons. A little bummed but hey, Hawaii!

Just checked in to 10th floor Ewa ocean view. Room
Is definitively renovated. It looks EXACTLY the same, but the carpet, upholstery etc is brand new.

Alas no refurbished room for us. We are in the tower facing the four seasons. A little bummed but hey, Hawaii!
Darn that’s the building we always request. But not checking in for 2+ months. Hope you had a great time.

We just checked in yesterday evening - the resort is really busy compared to the other two places we’ve stayed so far. We’ve only stayed here when just the one tower was open before though and this is much larger than the resorts we normally stay at so my opinion might be skewed. Went and got a latte over at vintage coffee with a bit of a line but by the time we got our drinks the line went around the corner of the building - before 8am! My husband liked his oat milk mocha and the matcha is good but veeery sweet. We also got a haupia moana açaí bowl, which is ok. I much prefer when places don’t use the sorbet stuff as we like it for breakfast. It would be perfect as an afternoon snack.

Makahiki was full and hopping when we walked by around 8; tables are closer together than we’d thought they would be so we’ll likely cancel dinner tomorrow and go elsewhere. Now that we’re here a 3 course meal with more steak than fish offerings doesn’t sound great… we’ve been living off poke and lunch plates the last 9 days and I kinda want to keep doing that. It’s so good. :cloud9:

We just checked in yesterday evening - the resort is really busy compared to the other two places we’ve stayed so far. We’ve only stayed here when just the one tower was open before though and this is much larger than the resorts we normally stay at so my opinion might be skewed. Went and got a latte over at vintage coffee with a bit of a line but by the time we got our drinks the line went around the corner of the building - before 8am! My husband liked his oat milk mocha and the matcha is good but veeery sweet. We also got a haupia moana açaí bowl, which is ok. I much prefer when places don’t use the sorbet stuff as we like it for breakfast. It would be perfect as an afternoon snack.

Makahiki was full and hopping when we walked by around 8; tables are closer together than we’d thought they would be so we’ll likely cancel dinner tomorrow and go elsewhere. Now that we’re here a 3 course meal with more steak than fish offerings doesn’t sound great… we’ve been living off poke and lunch plates the last 9 days and I kinda want to keep doing that. It’s so good. :cloud9:
We checked in yesterday as well and it is busy. As busy as it was in June and August. This is Hawaii’s fall break and yesterday was the last day of school. It looks like 60%-70% of the crowd are locals. (I’m not trying to profile or be racist - ask anyone who grew up here, Hawaii people can spot each other anywhere in the world.)

When we were there we noticed a significant increase in guests on weekends as compared to weekdays. However, it was still not crowded.

We nabbed one of the very last open spots on Sunday outside the parking garage (we actually started asking each other where an overflow lot might be) before we found one on the end. I did think that maybe a lot of locals were there as there were so many cars! It was very busy..! They also are using a bunch of spots on P1 to stage Xmas decorations too which doesn’t help with that.

We nabbed one of the very last open spots on Sunday outside the parking garage (we actually started asking each other where an overflow lot might be) before we found one on the end. I did think that maybe a lot of locals were there as there were so many cars! It was very busy..! They also are using a bunch of spots on P1 to stage Xmas decorations too which doesn’t help with that.
Xmas?? we arrive on Nov 11..hoping xmas will be up 👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter