August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

Parad0x said:
Budget and Alamo are lower again for me on Costco's website right now. Lower then when I checked just 5 hours ago.

I just rebooked, yet again for something like the 5th time, and saved another $36!

Got a Premium for 14 days (Aug 16-30) for $382 all taxes etc included. Pickup and dropoff right at MCO.

Now to hope I can get that white 300 with leather another member had during their trip, Lol.

That was yesterday. This morning prices were the same but when I checked 10 minutes ago prices dropped yet again. So I called and got the new rate of $337 for my length of stay. Another $45 bucks in my pocket. :car:

And the rates keep dropping. Been checking on and off today and for now I think it's the 6th time I rebooked, Lol.

Now I'm paying $302 for a Premium through Alamo (and Costco's website) for 14 days Aug 16th-30th, taxes, fees etc included in that price.

Keep checking your rates at different times during the day everyone, there are possibly still better rates to be had out there. :cool1:

Should you need a second driver, Costco throws one in for free and their price for those dates is $209. That is, should you have a membership with them and you actually needed a second driver.

It is my understanding that a spouse is free for Budget.

Deb

I just double checked on Alamo (after making a reservation earlier today) and indeed the price went down again. Since there are only 2 of us, I'm not real concerned about the car type. Was able to get a midsize now for $86.50 (131.03 total with taxes and fees) for 6 days. That's now 21.83 per day.

I had planned on using Disney transportation (even though I really prefer a rental car), but with the price being so low I'm renting a car.

Just rebooked through Budget, 5 night rental from Aug 28-Sept 2 for $90.54 TOTAL! Intermediate car, it's just me, DH and DD11 so plenty of room.

I just double checked on Alamo (after making a reservation earlier today) and indeed the price went down again. Since there are only 2 of us, I'm not real concerned about the car type. Was able to get a midsize now for $86.50 (131.03 total with taxes and fees) for 6 days. That's now 21.83 per day.

I had planned on using Disney transportation (even though I really prefer a rental car), but with the price being so low I'm renting a car.

I know you said car type isn't a big deal for you but I was able to get a Premium from Alamo for $21.57 a day earlier today so keep checking, I'm sure you'll do better if you keep checking. :) My dates are Aug 16-30 so prices keep dropping each day I get closer, it's weird this year compared to every year before this...

I just cancelled and rebooked with Budget for about the 5th time. I am now down to $82 all taxes incl. for an intermediate for 7 days....Aug 29-Sept 5. I almost didn't bother checking again because I got it down to $99 last night and thought it wouldn't drop any more. I guess I'll keep checking until the prices go back up then leave it alone. Everything else is arranged so watching the car rates will give me something to do. :lmao:

Just wanted to drop in and wish everyone who is still left here a GREAT trip :thumbsup2 . We leave this weekend :cool1: (arriving Sunday morning) .... its been fun planning and price-watching with each of you over the last several months :) .

And the rates keep dropping. Been checking on and off today and for now I think it's the 6th time I rebooked, Lol.

Now I'm paying $302 for a Premium through Alamo (and Costco's website) for 14 days Aug 16th-30th, taxes, fees etc included in that price.

Keep checking your rates at different times during the day everyone, there are possibly still better rates to be had out there. :cool1:
Great price!

I turned in that white 300 to the car care center yesterday. We are getting a minivan today. Doing a few non Disney things so a minivan will work better for us. Minivan prices have not been dropping.

Loved the 300. Such a smooth ride, great pick up and enjoyed the sat radio.

pixiedust:hope you get one!

Confirming that Budget assigns you a car verse Dollar allows you to pick a car?

Both are the same rates and would rather be able to look around to see my options.

8/16-8/24 $119 for a full size(final price) using the Costco code(W852802) and $30 off coupon(MUGZ022) on the Budget website. I used the pay it now feature since we are leaving tomorrow! It would have been $143 if I didn't use pay it now.

Confirming that Budget assigns you a car verse Dollar allows you to pick a car?

Both are the same rates and would rather be able to look around to see my options.

I called the Budget 800# and was told that cars are assigned. I was told that you may switch if you are unhappy with the car assigned. We wound up with Budget through Priceline...full size for $9 per day. Seem to be quite a number of negative reviews of Budget...hope they're wrong.

I called the Budget 800# and was told that cars are assigned. I was told that you may switch if you are unhappy with the car assigned. We wound up with Budget through Priceline...full size for $9 per day. Seem to be quite a number of negative reviews of Budget...hope they're wrong.

I contemplating paying the extra $20 and just go with Alamo. I've rented there at least 10 times now and know i can choose the vehicle.

Great price!

I turned in that white 300 to the car care center yesterday. We are getting a minivan today. Doing a few non Disney things so a minivan will work better for us. Minivan prices have not been dropping.

Loved the 300. Such a smooth ride, great pick up and enjoyed the sat radio.

pixiedust:hope you get one!

Thanks LovesDumbo, hope I get one too! Alamo at MCO has always been good so if there are no 300's around I'll ask. Last time I wanted a Charger and they actually went and found one for me.

Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

We've never had a problem with Budget, we rent from them whenever we take a cruise because we can return the car in port Canaveral. Always been a good experience at the airport, Dealing with the small rental counter near the cruise terminal is another story!

I have a reservation with Budget at a good price and just found a good rate with Hertz through AAA both include and add'l driver is one company better than the other or are they much the same? We've been using Alamo in the past but with the add'l driver fee now I'd rather save the money.
Thanks, Linda:)

I have a reservation with Budget at a good price and just found a good rate with Hertz through AAA both include and add'l driver is one company better than the other or are they much the same? We've been using Alamo in the past but with the add'l driver fee now I'd rather save the money.
Thanks, Linda:)

I've always had great experience with Hertz through AAA. They're a little more expensive for my dates right now than Alamo through Costco, so this time around I'm switching things up a bit, but I think that both include the additional driver.

Today I managed to score an intermediate SUV for $135 for 7+ days (including additional driver)! Not sure whether to go with that or the minivan for $285.

I've used Thrifty, Budget, Hertz and Avis at MCO before using Alamo and although I never had a problem with them I like Alamo the best because of the ability to skip the counter and just jump in a car of my liking.

Although I would be willing to spend up to about $20 more to get Alamo, I'd be content with the others I mentioned if they were much less. The only thing I wouldn't do anymore is take a shuttle bus out of the airport just to save a few bucks with 6t, payless and those other out of the terminal places at MCO. It's just not worth the additional hassle, IMO.

I've always had great experience with Hertz through AAA. They're a little more expensive for my dates right now than Alamo through Costco, so this time around I'm switching things up a bit, but I think that both include the additional driver.

Today I managed to score an intermediate SUV for $135 for 7+ days (including additional driver)! Not sure whether to go with that or the minivan for $285.

Thanks Mike that's good to know about Hertz. Great price on an intermediate SUV we rented one last year out of Tampa it was a nice change even though they only had 2 vehicles left in the row I much prefer our rental experiences out of MCO. Maybe we just hit it at the wrong time. Linda :)

I've used Thrifty, Budget, Hertz and Avis at MCO before using Alamo and although I never had a problem with them I like Alamo the best because of the ability to skip the counter and just jump in a car of my liking.

Although I would be willing to spend up to about $20 more to get Alamo, I'd be content with the others I mentioned if they were much less. The only thing I wouldn't do anymore is take a shuttle bus out of the airport just to save a few bucks with 6t, payless and those other out of the terminal places at MCO. It's just not worth the additional hassle, IMO.

That's good to know about the other car rental companies! The cost for the additional driver with Alamo I believe is another $70 we don't have a Costco membership we used to but it's not close enough to us to make it worthwhile. Linda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter