• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

I haven't seen one yet, but I am totally up for joining one :thumbsup2 .

We currently have a mid-sized SUV reserved for our August vacation. 15 days with National using the KLM discount. Total, with taxes, $533. I am guessing we can knock that down by $20 or so once coupons are released for our travel period.

Hoping for better, of course, but we can live with this price if need be. An SUV is one of DHs very few requests when we are on vacation, so the larger vehicle is a must. When he asks for so little, I like to be sure he gets the things that are really important to him :goodvibes (and frankly, I like not being crammed into a small car in the heat of the summer in Florida!!! :drive:).

I find the prices high so far but what I've been reading is they come down closer to the trip. Here's hoping!

But for you that seems decent-especially for 15 days for an SUV. We just reserved a standard for $280 but with pick up and drop off at the Walt Disney Car Care Center. The prices at MCO were 150 more or so. I'd love for it to come down at the airport, but I guess taking the ME will be convenient and we won't have to worry about luggage.

I find the prices high so far but what I've been reading is they come down closer to the trip. Here's hoping!

But for you that seems decent-especially for 15 days for an SUV. We just reserved a standard for $280 but with pick up and drop off at the Walt Disney Car Care Center. The prices at MCO were 150 more or so. I'd love for it to come down at the airport, but I guess taking the ME will be convenient and we won't have to worry about luggage.

We paid just under $300 for a full sized SUV with Alamo for 9 days this past August. The National price is right on par with that (albeit for a tad smaller vehicle) so its right about what we were expecting. Our pick up and drop off are both at MCO as we are offsiters.

We are fussy in the sense that we like to stick with a company with whom we get to select our own vehicle. We've had a poor experience with Budget so we've wiped them off the list entirely.

Joining in....
We just got an SUV from Alamo at the car care center for this August, 8 days, using Alamo insiders fir $288 total. Waiting for BJ's to release their 2014 coupons in hopes of knocking this down a few more bucks but if I can't, I'd be ok with the price.

Joining in.... We just got an SUV from Alamo at the car care center for this August, 8 days, using Alamo insiders fir $288 total. Waiting for BJ's to release their 2014 coupons in hopes of knocking this down a few more bucks but if I can't, I'd be ok with the price.

Wow-that's great! Right now it seems the car care center has much better prices than MCO. Wonder if the airport's pricing will come done at all.

Dollar has the city specials already listed but the prices seem high. I need a mini-van or 7 passenger SUV

Dollar has the city specials already listed but the prices seem high. I need a mini-van or 7 passenger SUV

I just ran my dates. We need a larger vehicle as well (okay, maybe not "need"....but definitely "want").

Dollar's city special for a mid-size SUV is coming up as $761 (15 days). That's $228 more than my current reservation with National.

I just ran my dates. We need a larger vehicle as well (okay, maybe not "need"....but definitely "want").

Dollar's city special for a mid-size SUV is coming up as $761 (15 days). That's $228 more than my current reservation with National.

Yeah you have a great price for what you are getting

I'll join. We need a minivan. We are doing a split stay, 3 days on property and 7 days off property. We check-in on the 20th and check out on the 30th. Hoping to get the minivan for less than 400.00.

I know the prices come down as we approach the dates!! I did use the National Code and have a minivan reserved for $480.00 for the 10 days.

I think last time we went, I got a minivan for $189.00 for 7 days. We went in September though so a "lower" season.

I'll join. We need a minivan. We are doing a split stay, 3 days on property and 7 days off property. We check-in on the 20th and check out on the 30th. Hoping to get the minivan for less than 400.00.

I know the prices come down as we approach the dates!! I did use the National Code and have a minivan reserved for $480.00 for the 10 days.

I think last time we went, I got a minivan for $189.00 for 7 days. We went in September though so a "lower" season.

A coupon from National should knock it down a teeny bit as well. They almost always have some sort of coupon on their website closer to the actual dates of travel :thumbsup2 .

A coupon from National should knock it down a teeny bit as well. They almost always have some sort of coupon on their website closer to the actual dates of travel :thumbsup2 .

I found a coupon in my Entertainment book too. I am waiting until closer to the date to see if I the rates drop. I plan to then use the code and coupon to see how low it can go!! :)

I haven't seen one yet, but I am totally up for joining one :thumbsup2 .

We currently have a mid-sized SUV reserved for our August vacation. 15 days with National using the KLM discount. Total, with taxes, $533. I am guessing we can knock that down by $20 or so once coupons are released for our travel period.

Hoping for better, of course, but we can live with this price if need be. An SUV is one of DHs very few requests when we are on vacation, so the larger vehicle is a must. When he asks for so little, I like to be sure he gets the things that are really important to him :goodvibes (and frankly, I like not being crammed into a small car in the heat of the summer in Florida!!! :drive:).

Gina, and so we meet again! Maybe you remember me, you were oh so helpful to me in the August 2013 car rental thread! We had just about the exact same reservation needs and dates.

For this year, I have a minivan rental from 8/25-8/29 thru National and the KLM code and $25 off Entertainment book coupon. Price is $225. Still hoping to do better!

Gina, and so we meet again! Maybe you remember me, you were oh so helpful to me in the August 2013 car rental thread! We had just about the exact same reservation needs and dates.

For this year, I have a minivan rental from 8/25-8/29 thru National and the KLM code and $25 off Entertainment book coupon. Price is $225. Still hoping to do better!

Hey there, welcome back!! :wave2:

I ordered my Entertainment Book yesterday, so I hope to whittle another $25 off my current $533 reservation once it arrives. I will be also watching Alamo like a hawk to see what happens with their rates as August grows closer.

Last year's August code watch was quite enjoyable :goodvibes . We had a great group to pass the time with. Looking forward to code-watching with you again this year!

Should we make this our official August code watch thread? Looking forward to finding some deals with all of you!

Should we make this our official August code watch thread? Looking forward to finding some deals with all of you!

Yes, yes, yes! :cool1:

I think all you'll have to do is edit your thread title.

Thanks for kicking it off for us, RysMomma! :thumbsup2

Our car rental is on the decline!!! :banana:

Okay, not by much, but still.....I can officially say its on the way down ;) :rotfl: .

Our 15 day SUV rental using the KLM Flying Blue discount with National declined by a whopping $2.79 to $531.06. I am anxiously awaiting my 2014 Entertainment Book so I can knock it down another $30 with a coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter