• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

Budget and Alamo are lower again for me on Costco's website right now. Lower then when I checked just 5 hours ago.

I just rebooked, yet again for something like the 5th time, and saved another $36!

Got a Premium for 14 days (Aug 16-30) for $382 all taxes etc included. Pickup and dropoff right at MCO.

Now to hope I can get that white 300 with leather another member had during their trip, Lol.

Budget and Alamo are lower again for me on Costco's website right now. Lower then when I checked just 5 hours ago.

I just rebooked, yet again for something like the 5th time, and saved another $36!

Got a Premium for 14 days (Aug 16-30) for $382 all taxes etc included. Pickup and dropoff right at MCO.

Now to hope I can get that white 300 with leather another member had during their trip, Lol.

That was yesterday. This morning prices were the same but when I checked 10 minutes ago prices dropped yet again. So I called and got the new rate of $337 for my length of stay. Another $45 bucks in my pocket. :car:

Thank you ParaDox,
Went with Costco at $284 next week, for 2 weeks full size car with Alamo. Today, it's $260 for a full size with Alamo. Cancelled and rebooked at the lower price. I am also now going to cancel my National that was $388 with KLM code for Emerald Aisle. Sad to never use the KLM code again, but since I do have insurance that covers rentals, Alamo it is, at over $100 savings.

Can't believe we'll be traveling this Tuesday. So excited.

Glad you locked in lower as well :)

Oddly enough, within 15 minutes of me rebooking today, it went back up to the price it was this morning. Got lucky on that one, lol.

We usually go with Fullsize but my parents are going down this time as well and we're going to just use one car so I wanted the bit of extra space inside and in the trunk that a Chrysler 300 should give us. Plus I'd be lying if I said I didn't want something 'nice' having to leave my Infiniti at home, lol.

We're leaving this Saturday and cannot wait! Here's to a phenomenal 2 weeks down there :thumbsup2

Just booked an intermediate SUV with Budget for 9 days (August 28 - Sep 6) for $201 all in. Used the Southwest Airlines codes BCD U072700 and Coupon MUWZ107.

Just booked an intermediate SUV with Budget for 9 days (August 28 - Sep 6) for $201 all in. Used the Southwest Airlines codes BCD U072700 and Coupon MUWZ107.

Should you need a second driver, Costco throws one in for free and their price for those dates is $209. That is, should you have a membership with them and you actually needed a second driver.

Should you need a second driver, Costco throws one in for free and their price for those dates is $209. That is, should you have a membership with them and you actually needed a second driver.

The second driver would be nice and I do have a Costco membership but as far as I know I can't put my Fastbreak number on the reservation when booking online through Costco. I suppose I could call and see if they can add it.

The second driver would be nice and I do have a Costco membership but as far as I know I can't put my Fastbreak number on the reservation when booking online through Costco. I suppose I could call and see if they can add it.

There is a spot to put in your Fastbreak number on the Costco site when booking.

With Alamo, when I book through Costco, they give me a Costco booking # and an Alamo booking number. I just go to the Alamo site after making the reservation and from their actual website I complete the form to skip the counter and print it out.

So budget is probably similar in that once made through Costco you just call and they'll add the other info onto the reservation for you.

Edit: Slickd23 posted while I was and knew the facts about the Fastbreak number, lol. The free 2nd driver Costco throws in is well worth it when their price is similar to elsewhere using coupon codes. Alamo wants $10 more a day for an extra driver without using Costco, ouch.

I see the where to put the Fastbreak number in now - thanks. Will definitely remember that next time. However, the second driver would be my spouse and I believe a spouse is not charged the additional driver fee. At least that is how I read it on Budget's FAQ page.

All done...Through Priceline, Full size from Budget price accepted $9 per day...$265 for 15 days.

I had a great rate on a mid size SUV but just now I gave priceline a shot at a minivan. I bid $15 a day and it was accepted. Total price with taxes and fees is $222 for 9 days and I got Hertz!

Just booked a full size from Budget from 8/15 to 8/26 for $208.90. Used

BCD U024100

MUGZ007 USD 40 Off Per Rental/Paperless Coupon

Yesterday I grabbed a reservation from Alamo for a standard car on 8/16-26 for $174.15! I'm done playing around with codes and such now. This is much lower than I had expected my car rental to reach.

Just used Alamo Insider and upgrade code AU5224JAB to get a standard from Aug22-Aug28 for $109 ($156 with taxes and fees). Cheaper than renting a stroller in WDW.

Hi - I just booked a National Minivan for 8/22 thru 8/28 for $260.63 all in, using Rentalcarmomma member #7013904, a BJ's $30 discount coupon NDA2324BR and my base Emerald Club contract ID. This is very close to the lowest rates I have received from Alamo and Dollar and I prefer National so I am a happy camper!

Jeffrey

With Alamo, when I book through Costco, they give me a Costco booking # and an Alamo booking number. I just go to the Alamo site after making the reservation and from their actual website I complete the form to skip the counter and print it out.

So budget is probably similar in that once made through Costco you just call and they'll add the other info onto the reservation for you.

Edit: Slickd23 posted while I was and knew the facts about the Fastbreak number, lol. The free 2nd driver Costco throws in is well worth it when their price is similar to elsewhere using coupon codes. Alamo wants $10 more a day for an extra driver without using Costco, ouch.

FYI when I book the Costco rate I always do it through the Alamo site directly so I can have my Fastbreak number in there. I just quote the price from the Costco site and then look to see what the Contract ID and Coupon code that the Costco site is using to get that price and enter them into the Alamo site. If you go to the Costco car rental site and then click directly on the rental company you're going with it will show you all the coupons Costco has. Sometimes it takes a try or two to get the right coupon code entered into the Alamo site but I always prefer to have my reservation directly though Alamo, mostly because of fastbreak and the ease of cancelling/rebooking rates through the Alamo site. (I do the same with Budget rentals)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter