August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

I know we have some late travelers...any good last min steals?

I just cancelled and rebooked with Budget for about the 5th time. I am now down to $82 all taxes incl. for an intermediate for 7 days....Aug 29-Sept 5. I almost didn't bother checking again because I got it down to $99 last night and thought it wouldn't drop any more. I guess I'll keep checking until the prices go back up then leave it alone. Everything else is arranged so watching the car rates will give me something to do. :lmao:

What codes did you use? My dates are similar and I can't get anything for under $150 including taxes. Thanks!

What codes did you use? My dates are similar and I can't get anything for under $150 including taxes. Thanks!

I used W852875 and MUGZ061. The price I got appeared only on that day that I was lucky enough to get it but those codes are still giving a decent price of approx $99 for a compact.

I noticed a slight decrease on the Dollar site yesterday....only $10 lower than what I had seen before. Promo code AU15F. But hey, I whittled my Budget ressie down a few dollars at a time.....LOL, some times it only went down $3 and I cancelled and re-booked.

Yesterday, Alamo full size for 19 Aug to 2 Sept using Costco was $237. I was ok with that. This morning, same car, via Costco is $228. Rebooked. Not much of a savings, but a savings none the less.

Keep reducing please. :goodvibes

I used W852875 and MUGZ061. The price I got appeared only on that day that I was lucky enough to get it but those codes are still giving a decent price of approx $99 for a compact.

I noticed a slight decrease on the Dollar site yesterday....only $10 lower than what I had seen before. Promo code AU15F. But hey, I whittled my Budget ressie down a few dollars at a time.....LOL, some times it only went down $3 and I cancelled and re-booked.

Thanks--I got mine down to $137. I guess the difference is that I am renting for 2 days longer than you are. Have a great trip!

I just went on and was able to get an Alamo rental this morning, using Costco code 7014627 (we are a member) WITH the additional driver for an 8 day rental (dropping off late in the day ..so 8 days) for a TOTAL of $276.23!
I am stoked! This is for a MINIVAN for 7 people.

All I can say is keep looking every day. We are less than a week out.

Good luck!
Kris

I just rechecked rental rates for my late August, early September trip. The rate for my one way, 9 day reservation full-size from Budget went from over $200 to $141.39. I used BCD W852875 and coupon MUGZ061.

I wasn't seeing the drops that others had been seeing and think it was because mine was a one way. But, it looks like the one ways are coming down too.

This rate just went down to $138.78 last night. I think the BCD is Costco, but when use it, it doesn't show a Costco logo like the other Costco BCDs do for me.

Thanks LovesDumbo, hope I get one too! Alamo at MCO has always been good so if there are no 300's around I'll ask. Last time I wanted a Charger and they actually went and found one for me.

Enjoy the rest of your trip :)

Did you get the 300?

For the 2nd week of my trip we had a minivan we picked up at Car Care Center. We were given black with black leather interior. That was pretty brutal in the record hot temps we had that week.

Hope you are having a great trip and keeping cool.

Did you get the 300?

For the 2nd week of my trip we had a minivan we picked up at Car Care Center. We were given black with black leather interior. That was pretty brutal in the record hot temps we had that week.

Hope you are having a great trip and keeping cool.

Sorry for taking a while to reply, I tried to stay off the 'grid' for the trip, lol.

We had a blast there for 2 weeks! The first 4 nights were stayed at the new Cabana bay Beach Resort hotel over at Universal and it was a beautiful room. We had a family suite there, poolside in the courtyard. Rest of the trip was as Pop and as always, we enjoyed it. The rooms are definitely value but it's all we need quite honestly.

Anyways, YES(!), I got a white Chrysler 300C that was quite nicely loaded. It had tan leather, an automatic rear window sun shade that went up and down to keep heat off the rear passengers, auto dimming rear and side view mirrors, heated and also COOLED front seats (nice perk in a rental), satellite radio and more just to name a few.

Getting that car for $302 for 2 weeks was amazing IMO. I love Alamo and don't mind the 'game' of checking prices each day right up to the last day of out trips, lol.

See most in this thread prior to next August again I'm sure :thumbsup2 We already booked out bounceback for another 2 weeks the end of next August at Coronado Springs, can't wait already. First time stepping up to a Moderate at Disney. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter