• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

August 2012 code watch

We were booked for 10 nights at pop in 2 rooms from Aug 12-22nd. I applied the "nice" discount and it saved us $144. So i priced CBR out that same day and needed to talk it over with the husband. I called back 3 days later and was quoted $1000 more for 2 rooms. I went back and looked and they raised the prices of the rooms on August 15th-24 by $30+ each room. So I decided to switch our dates to August 5-15 and switch to pop on the 5th and cbr for the 6th through the 15th and we are paying $278 more for 2 preferred rooms at cbr.

Its going to be our first time at both resorts.

We were booked for 10 nights at pop in 2 rooms from Aug 12-22nd. I applied the "nice" discount and it saved us $144. So i priced CBR out that same day and needed to talk it over with the husband. I called back 3 days later and was quoted $1000 more for 2 rooms. I went back and looked and they raised the prices of the rooms on August 15th-24 by $30+ each room. So I decided to switch our dates to August 5-15 and switch to pop on the 5th and cbr for the 6th through the 15th and we are paying $278 more for 2 preferred rooms at cbr.

Its going to be our first time at both resorts.

What is a "nice" discount?
That is also really interesting about the rooms! I wonder why it goes up on the 15th? Esp when it is around the time things slow down. You would think the price of early Aug when crowds are high would be more than late Aug when the crowds are starting to drop. :confused3 Is that a normal occurrence in August?

What is a "nice" discount?
That is also really interesting about the rooms! I wonder why it goes up on the 15th? Esp when it is around the time things slow down. You would think the price of early Aug when crowds are high would be more than late Aug when the crowds are starting to drop. :confused3 Is that a normal occurrence in August?

The nice discount was 5% :rotfl:

I was wondering the same thing but that is the 10 days that there are no discounts out and i looked at the crowd forcasts and they are all 9 out of 10 with touring plans. The week earlier they are less. I'm just as confused as you are but hey I now have 6 kids in tiny bit bigger rooms that isn't overstimulating for my aspergers child for a little bit more cash. I will take it.

I just looked today on easywdw and their numbers are 6 and 5 for that week. That is the week we are going since dsis has DVC and it is booked for the 19th through the 24. They did have the numbers for the last week in Aug as 3 and 4. I would love to go then but I can't pass up BLT MKV

Did everyone see the new discounts for August! I'm so excited about this! We switched from ASMo to ASMu to get 20% off! Saved us about 200 dollars!! :rotfl2:

I recd a snail mail "GAME ON" from Disney Destinations, which is good for 20% 8/05 thru 8/31 for Value and Moderate, and 8/1 thru 8/18 at AKL and WL and it has to be booked by 5/25. I called my TA and had it applied and have now saved a total of $500 on my stay 8/05 - 8/12 at the WL! This offer has a PIN code so I don't know if it will end up going public like the last one did that only offered 5% for WL. I'm so excited - it might not be free dining, but that $500 will definitely be used toward the trip somewhere!

I called Disney yesterday and saved $150 for my 3 nights. I am happy that I at least got a discount. :banana:

Yes! This is great news for many. It's right on Disney's web site for anyone looking for it.
We had already booked POR for that time with a 20% off PIN that we received in January, and that is exactly what they are offering here for POR, so I pretty much already have what they are offering, but I am glad for everyone else who didn't have a PIN!:goodvibes

Finally got a discount for the forgotten third week in August. Called my travel agent and Disney credited me the 30% off for Beach Club and saved us over $400 dollars off our previously booked AAA discounted trip!! My DH wants to use the money saved to drink around the world lol!!! So excited!!!

Same here - Yes, the "forgotten week" of Aug 17 - 24. I was beginning to feel really left out. We also booked through AAA, so the 30 percent actually saved us (after the original AA discount) about $750! Wow - that's enough for maybe, well, ONE meal at Le Cellier - LOL!

We had booked bounceback free dining at Coronado starting 8/25 but are doing two nights before as room only. The discount allowed us to book the AKL standard room for about $10 more than we would have paid at Coronado before the discount. :thumbsup2 Since we are planning to spend most of those two days hanging at the resort, I am thrilled!

Same here - Yes, the "forgotten week" of Aug 17 - 24. I was beginning to feel really left out. We also booked through AAA, so the 30 percent actually saved us (after the original AA discount) about $750! Wow - that's enough for maybe, well, ONE meal at Le Cellier - LOL!

You could drink around the world with us lol! Hey I see that you are from Western, NY. I am from Rome but booked with AAA in western NY. Wonder if we have the same agent?

Glad you got to save too. We are at Beach Club Aug 18-27. Love a good savings especially since I was beginning to feel that us "third weekers" were being forgotten!!!

Have a great trip!

Hi! Magical Vacations Travel just released an agency exclusive discount for late August at YC and GF - says prices are as low as staying at a mod! I'm getting a YC price quote!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter