August 2012 code watch

Yup-I had my Poly trip for Aug 20-31 booked on March 17 with a 30 percent discount last year-I have been waiting and hoping for a discount for this Aug 17-29 to come around.

Me too! But I think WDW is going to make us sweat it out this year :sad1:
I'm a little worried, with Free dining coming out with later then usual dates, that Aug discounts may not be so good. In which case we won't upgrade.

I'm also very disappointed. Without some kind of discount for mid-August, we just won't be going.

UGH!!! Basically the week I want to go in August is the only week with NOTHING!! Unless, I do a split trip, but not sure that is cost effective. Anyone else do a split trip before to take advantage of a deal for part of their trip?

I do have DD6 and DD2 and we drive -- do not travel lightly. Not sure if it is more trouble that it's worth!

Did I say UGH?!?!?!?

That is the week we are going - the WEEK OF NOTHING!!!
I guess the good news is - we will be the ONLY ONES THERE!!!:rotfl:

Well, today Discounts were released for summer dates thru Aug 15, Up to 25% :rolleyes: So I am guessing that whoppng 25% is for deluxe, and the rest are lower :sad2: Really? Come on Disney!

I'm waiting for the late Aug discounts, hope they're better then this sad offering. Wanted to do a split stay with BC, but won't unless a better discount comes out.

That is the week we are going - the WEEK OF NOTHING!!!
I guess the good news is - we will be the ONLY ONES THERE!!!:rotfl:

We're in the same boat! Sure hope you're right that the crowds will be less. But one has to wonder why Disney has excluded that 1 1/2 weeks from getting any discount at all. Makes me really :mad:

According to Mousesaver the new summer discount is for packages as well as room only. So with being said, I booked a package for 2 adults and 3 kids starting on 8/13-8/18 staying at POR. If I call and apply the discount for my package, will they apply it for all the days because I started my stay during the discount period? Or will it be only the first two days? I know room only discounts are date specific, however I have read that package discounts are sometimes applied through the whole stay as long as you started during the discount. I also have a pin for 30% but it also ends on 8/14. I hope the lack of offers from 8/15-8/25 is not a sign that the parks are going to be packed that week and a half. Changing our dates is not an option. :confused3

We are going down on those blacked out weeks as well. Aug 15th - 26th. I hope the lack of a discount is not a sign of a fully booked time period.

Hopefully enough people change their dates to FD or the room discount.

what are the odds that disney will extend the free dining dates from 8/15 to 9/29???? if so, would they announce it in early may?popcorn::

Well, today Discounts were released for summer dates thru Aug 15, Up to 25% :rolleyes: So I am guessing that whoppng 25% is for deluxe, and the rest are lower :sad2: Really? Come on Disney!

I'm waiting for the late Aug discounts, hope they're better then this sad offering. Wanted to do a split stay with BC, but won't unless a better discount comes out.

Your assumptions are sorta correct, I checked about several resorts & found the following discounts thru Aug 15:

POP, ASMovies & WL 5%
ASMu & sports 15%
PORiverside 20%
AKL 25%

While I always appreciate a little discount, I couldn't really believe only 5% for Wilderness Lodge, ASMovies & POP Century :confused3 brings fresh meaning to the quote, "better than nothing" cause that's about all it is :laughing:

We're in the same boat! Sure hope you're right that the crowds will be less. But one has to wonder why Disney has excluded that 1 1/2 weeks from getting any discount at all. Makes me really :mad:

We are going down on those blacked out weeks as well. Aug 15th - 26th. I hope the lack of a discount is not a sign of a fully booked time period.

Hopefully enough people change their dates to FD or the room discount.

Your assumptions are sorta correct, I checked about several resorts & found the following discounts thru Aug 15:

POP, ASMovies & WL 5%
ASMu & sports 15%
PORiverside 20%
AKL 25%

While I always appreciate a little discount, I couldn't really believe only 5% for Wilderness Lodge, ASMovies & POP Century :confused3 brings fresh meaning to the quote, "better than nothing" cause that's about all it is :laughing:

I can't believe this. The latest discount ends AUg 14 and we get there the 16th. This is the first trip I have never had a discount for. I even planned one a month out and still had a discount.

Now I have to wait until June 14th to see I can get one last chance at a discount.

Does anyone know if you can use a 30% pin discount and then the 20% GP offer or vice versa?

Is that tiny discount automatically applied or do you need a special link?
Is there a minimum stay? We want to come in the night before our actual vacation and stay at a value just overnight. I don't know if the price I'm getting is discounted.:confused3

Is that tiny discount automatically applied or do you need a special link?
Is there a minimum stay? We want to come in the night before our actual vacation and stay at a value just overnight. I don't know if the price I'm getting is discounted.:confused3

You will have to call them and ask them to apply said tiny discount to your room.

Discounts are based upon availability so once all the rooms earmarked for discounts are sold, that's the end of the matter.

I called to have them add the discount to our POP century 7 night stay in a standard room, we saved less than $40. Not quite enough to pay for ONE dinner at Chef Mickey's, but maybe breakfast with tip :rotfl:

Still, that's ONE breakfast on POP :upsidedow

POP, ASMovies & WL 5%
ASMu & sports 15%
PORiverside 20%
AKL 25%

5% really? Sheech. I wouldn't stay at WL with only a 5% discount :sad2:, I'd prob got to POR.
It's interesting that WL has a lower discount than AKL, usually it's the other way around.

Does anyone know if they ever release a room only discount at the same time FD is going on? We are down there from Aug 24-31. FD is offered, but we already have tickets so buying more just to get free CS really doesn't save us much of anything. I am hoping a room only discount will come out for that time, but not sure if they ever do that when another discount is already offered. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter