• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you really taking a picture of a trashcan?!?"- An August 2010 TR *U/D 1/16*

Oh My Begosh!!! I have that same pin.
:lmao: very cool!

Hey Kelly! Great update!

Huh....I had no idea Paradiso 37 was a mexican place! I'll have to check them out next time. I know I LOOOVE the Earl and so does Andrew.
Thanks Yuki!

It's really great! Give it a try!

I deffinetly hope to get to try Earl next time, it did look delicious!
Great update, I just got back so I missed one. I can empathize with you getting crabby when you're hungry. That happens to me too.
Thank you, and welcome back! Will you start a TR? I'll be happy to read!

Just spent the last hour or so (probably more) catching up on your TR from the beginning. It's lots of fun!

Yuki: I started reading your TR last night and think it's so funny that I found you here too!

I'm new to disboards but I am in love already!!! :love:

:welcome: to the Dis and thank you! Great to have more readers (as always) and the dis is A LOT of fun! :goodvibes

Remember me? :rolleyes1

Had to get caught up AGAIN! I blame it on having to take my class to Vienna for a week! ;)

I love all your updates and it is such a shame we missed you on the 20th! It would have been so much fun!

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes

Thanks! Can't wait to read another update!

Remember me? :rolleyes1

Had to get caught up AGAIN! I blame it on having to take my class to Vienna for a week! ;)

I love all your updates and it is such a shame we missed you on the 20th! It would have been so much fun!

Can't wait for more! :goodvibes
Great to have you back! And don't worry, I think we've all been getting behind on readings

Tonight, I'm hoping to catch up on everything, and I'll be updating my TR tomorrow!

Merry Christmas, Kelly and family!

mickey2.jpg

Oooooh gosh guys, hadn't realized it's been almost a MONTH since I last updated!!! Between school, dance and Chistmas, I've had zero time for Dis'ing!!! An update will deffinetly be coming soon!!!

Speaking of Christmas though....

Merry.gif

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday!!!

This WOULD happen. So I was going to update but now I'm having trouble connecting my laptop (I looooove Christmas!!!) to photobucket so I don't have pictures. Grrr.... it's like the universe doesn't want me to write my TR!!!

However, I know I didn't have any pictures from dinner anyway, sooo I'll cover that now!!!

After swimming and relaxing in the room again, we set off for the Contemporary resort for dinner at the Wave. Without consulting the front desk this time, we took matters into our own hands on deciding how to get there. We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom, then hopped on the monorail.

The monorail has got to be one of the most special things in Disney. I mean really, nothing can compare to it!

Anyway, we did get to the Contemporary pretty fast. There was still a little time to kill before our reservations, so we looked around the resort a little bit. It's very beautiful. Probably my second choice after AKL for "home base" for dvc.

We soon found our way down to the first floor to the entrance to the wave. We were seated right away. I really liked it already. We sat down and ordered right away.

After we ordered, they brought out the customary bread and butter.

Me: "..... why does this bread have birdseed in it?"

Mom: "It's not birdseed, it's pieces of grain."

Me: "..... It's birdseed."

Mom: "No, it's not."

Me; "Yes it is. Birdseed bread (hysterical laughter even though that wasn't the slightest bit funny.)"

Even with birdseed in it, that was goooood bread! Our appetizers came soon after. Dad and I split crabcakes, which were very good but a little too dense. Mom and Casey had scallops, which were also very good.

Entrees came quickly as well. Casey had a gluten free pasta with seafood. She really liked it. I had pork tenderloin with sassafrass (possibly my favorite word ever) jus, bourban sweet potatos and a warm spinach and bacon salad (as I said, I know food!!!). Everything was really delicious! I especially loved the sweet potatos. I love sweet potatos, but these were esecially good.

Overall, everyone really loved the Wave. I recommend it!

To finish off, I wanted to mention that we booked our reservations for our next trip!!! We're now only 177 days away! So the places we chose were...

*Cape May Cafe
*50's Prime Time Cafe
*San Angel Inn
*Narcoosee's
*Yak and Yeti
*Raglan Road (Just mom and dad while Casey and I have dance)
*Sanaa (Just the adults while kids go out)

Tell me if you guys know anything about those!!! I'd love to hear about it!

Until Next time!!!

After dinner, we hopped on the monorail for MK (that's probably repetitive of my last update but psh not my problem).

Unfortunetly, the monorail takes the scenic route from the Contemporary. And so, we were stuck in the VERY crowded train car for the next 25 minutes. But, they call it scenic for a reason. I really wish I'd had the camera with me. We saw some incredible views of the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian :-)lovestruc want to stay there so bad!), lagoon and Magic Kingdom.

We still arrived at MK with plenty of time before the night's main event: The Main Street Electrical Parade! I'd heard great things about it on the Dis, and was looking forward to seeing something other than Spectro (which is still amazing, but change is good, right?) We probably would have had time to hit a few rides, but the park was filling up fast and we figured we'd better not chance it.

217.jpg

218.jpg

(examples of sheer crowded-ness)

After stopping for a photopass picture in front of the castle, we walked along the parade route, looking for good seats. Things weren't looking so good until the very end. There was just enough space in Fronteirland right next to the shootin' aracade. And...what's this?... could it be?... the hidden passageway between Fronteir and Adventureland's talked about in the Unofficial Guides? We were siked to have found it, and made it our escape route to slip away after the parade. while we waited for it to begin, dad went and got some fastpasses for Big Thunder Mountain for later use.

The parade started after about half and hour of sitting in the sweltering heat. The music began to play. I freaked out!!! Why you ask?

I'm sure some of you know the Disneymania cd's right? Basically, has-been singers and disney channel stars do covers of some of the most popular disney movie songs. When I was little, we had one cd that had an instrumental song called "Bohemian Polka". I was OBSESSED with this song and would listen to it nonstop. I even knew it was from the MSEP, it just never registered with me. Love it!

219.jpg

220.jpg

Sadly, Casey was the only one with a camera for the night, and her batteries died here, so I don't have any more pictures of the parade. Still, we enjoyed it a lot!

Once the parade was over, we slipped into the shadows and straight into Adventureland. Since we were here anyway, we hopped on Pirates until the crowds died down enough for us to get through. O our way out, Casey got a blue leather bracelet with her name on it, and batteries for future picture taking! We then went over to jungle cruise and got Fast-passes for that as well before walking to the Haunted Mansion.

Even at almost fourteen, this place gives me the creeps, especially at night! Very spooky! For once, there was actually a line to get on. We soon saw why, or actually smelled. Someone had thrown up directly in the middle of the queue, backing everyone up:sick: We took the oppurtunity to get a few night shots (cue dark organ music):

221.jpg

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

("Master Gracey's" grave, with (now dead) rose on top (circled). I'll try to find the original picture I got from someone else with the rose. Pretty cool) Edit: Found the picture! It's in my next post after this!

226.jpg

227.jpg

If you've been reading along the whole time, you probably remember I showed you a picture that looked quite a bit like this one:

228.jpg

As promised, a creepier one:

229.jpg

I can't even tell you how hard it was to get this picture, but I love it!

Once everything was cleaned, we rode without any further problems. But in my next update, I"ll talk about the saddest part of my trip: The Day Throwup ruined my Dismeet". Until next time folks!

Oh, nice that you got the picture with the eyes open on the tombstone. And I have to say, your pictures of HM at night did turn out kind of creepy. Still my favorite attraction though.

As promised, Rose with the Grave:

fortripreport.jpg

Not sure why it's moved but I think it's a neat picture!

Oh, nice that you got the picture with the eyes open on the tombstone. And I have to say, your pictures of HM at night did turn out kind of creepy. Still my favorite attraction though.

I love Haunted Mansion, it's just so cool!!!

Great photos, Kelly! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! :goodvibes

Now, I am still interested in how you MISSED the MEET! :confused3 :lmao:

Oh no, I can't believe I missed your post about The Wave!

Andrew and I visited the Contemporary and really want to try out The Wave. Glad it got such good reviews from you!

Oh, our Dismeet was right after the MSEP! We were probably around Pirates when you exited the ride! Too bad we never got to see each other.

Those are really nice creepy pictures of the Haunted Mansion. I feel sorry for whoever threw up in the line.

Well, it's been quite a while, hasn't it?
Take this as my umpteenth apology for disapeering (at least I still can't spell). The past few weeks have been absolutly insane, non stop stuff to do! I havn't forgotten once, but I havn't had the chance to even log on! Anyway, I guess better to finish with a long commercial break rather than never, right?

So where did I leave off.....? See you in the next post while I check!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter