• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you really taking a picture of a trashcan?!?"- An August 2010 TR *U/D 1/16*

Kellybelly777

Time to Start planning next year's trip? Why yes,
Hi! :wave2: I'm Kelly, and this is my random-picture-filled August 2010 Trip Report, or as it says in the title "Are You really taking a picture of a trashcan? (And yes, I really was!) So let's jump right into things! To start off, I'll give you a little background on the trip by using the "5 W's"

Who- My family and I, who I'll give you guys a little more information about later!
What- Our third trip to WDW as well as our first time using our DVC membership!
When- August 17 to the 24, 2010
Where- WDW, At Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village
Why- Why not! Simply because we're all Disney lovers in my family.

And there you have it! Just a little bit of info to get you excited! I'll probably do introductions for everyone as well as a little of our planning adventures tomorrow, so stay tuned!!!

P.S. "Look, my silly bandz are glowing!!!" Sound familiar? That's my sister Casey's TR!!! If you want a little more than just my point of view, feel free to check it out!!!

Ok, so even though no one besides my sister has posted yet (I know you're out there Lurkers!!!), I'm gonna get started anyway by introducing my family and myself!!!

Me, Kelly, 13- a soon to be eighth grader who loves any and all things Disney!!! My friends all call me the "Disney Freak :goodvibes because I know so much about Disney and have done at least 10 different school projects on it. It's my dream to be an Imagineer when I grow up (which I also did a school project on :laughing: ). I'm also a dancer, and I take ballet, pointe and theater dance classes. This was my third trip to WDW. In addition, I've been to DL twice and on DCL twice. I've been a member on the DIS since April of this year.

Casey, 15- My older sister. Most of you on here proably know her as Dancer4life22. Like me, she dances and is a Disney lover (though not really as much as me ;)). She's been on all the same Disney trips I have, and has also done just a character breakfast at Chef mickey's in DL before I was born. She's been on this website a little longer than I have.

Dad (sorry, no age!)- He does probably around 85% of the planning and booking of our vacations. He likes to really plan out what we do everyday (and I mean REALLY plan) but in the end he'll come around, loosen up and have fun (especially when his plans work!). I think this was his 5th trip to WDW, but I'm not sure.

Mom (no age again)- Like the rest of us, a Disney lover! She always really enjoys Disney and looks forward to it just as much as the rest of the family. And umm yeah that's about it for her :rotfl: I think this was her 4th trip, but like my dad, I'm not positive.

And thats my family!!! For those of you lurking, A) Please Delurkify, I'd love to have you here!!! and B) Keep reading, there will be more to come soon!!!

Well now that my good friend Yuki has joined me :-)hug:) and I have two posting readers, I'll get started with Day one!!! And away we go...

We booked this trip last september, which left us with an over 330 day wait :scared1: But, before I knew it, it was finally the day before our vacation!!! We had already done things like get our flight passes, so we were left with only a few small tasks. This included giving the dogs (our babies :laughing:) a "special day" before they went to the kennel. After they were pampered all day and taken on a super long walk, my dad left with them all (Casey my mom and I didn't go because it's just way to sad!!!). Then, we had to finish packing! Most of it was already done, but we had a few things left to throw in there. Here's a picture of my luggage and carry-on bag all packed and ready to go!!!

004.jpg

005.jpg

We had decorated our suitcases a few weeks before just so they'd be a little special ;)

Before I knew it, it was time to get a few hours sleep before we had to wake up at four. I laid down and closed my eyes.....

But, of course, I was just way too excited to sleep. After reading and watching some TV on my ipod, I finally settled down at about one AM. I quickly drifted into a light sleep. It seemed like only 5 minutes later when I felt my mom's hand on my shoulder and heard her say "Guess where we're going right now?!?"

Suddenly, I was VERY awake. I quickly brushed my hair and teeth (I just wore my plane clothes the night before to make life easy), threw my bags in the car and was beyond ready to go! Before long, everyone else joined me, and we were finally off!!!

Oooh! I had to wake up around the same time too! We had to leave by 5:30, so we got up around 5.

Cute bags! I totally forgot to take a pic of my suitcases, but it's our day bags that are more special anyways. Good thing I have pictures of those!

LOL. I love the title of your TR!!! My Brother-In-Law makes funn of me because I take pics of all the different garbage cans in Disney. I told him, but they are all different that's why. LOL. Now wherever we go, whether it be Disney ofrsomewhere else or even my kitchen, I take a pic of the garbage can and text it to him. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Can't wait to here more.

Oooh! I had to wake up around the same time too! We had to leave by 5:30, so we got up around 5.

Cute bags! I totally forgot to take a pic of my suitcases, but it's our day bags that are more special anyways. Good thing I have pictures of those!
Yeah it wasn't too bad this year. Last year we had to be out of the house by 3:30 for a 6:00 flight :scared1:
The bags we brought to the parks weren't anything special for us, but I was really proud of my suitcase so I just had to take pictures of it!!!

LOL. I love the title of your TR!!! My Brother-In-Law makes funn of me because I take pics of all the different garbage cans in Disney. I told him, but they are all different that's why. LOL. Now wherever we go, whether it be Disney ofrsomewhere else or even my kitchen, I take a pic of the garbage can and text it to him. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Can't wait to here more.
:welcome: Great to have you reading!!!
Thanks! I love the way the trash cans look in WDW, they're just so special! And I always get a lot of teasing from my family too about it!

Last year, we had a 6:00 flight, so my sister and I thought it was so cool how we only saw 3 cars on the normally super busy highway. This year, we decided to count the cars again on the way to the airport. Let me tell you, an hour makes all the difference. This year, we saw over 50 cars! (that's about when I lost track) It wasn't as cool as last year but hey, I was going to Disney, nothing could bring me down!!! :rotfl2:

Before long, we arrived at the airport. We went over to check in to give them our bags:

006.jpg

After that, we went inside and breezed right through security with no problems. On the way over to our gate, we passed Casey's and my favorite sign:

007.jpg

(sorry I blocked out the state and city :blush:)

Basically, we love this sign because everywhere you go all flights will say you're going to the capitol city, but the airport is really about 20 minutes away. Something about that is just funny to us.

Once we got to our gate, we found some seats and went to get breakfast. I got a starbucks iced vanilla latte (I loooove :love: starbucks) and a donut. After we ate, went to the bathroom (who really wants to go on a plane :scared:) and I read my book for a little while, it was time to go!!!

009.jpg

008.jpg

We quickly found seats and were ready for take off at exactly 7:00 (our scheduled time)!!! Or so we thought.....

Turns out there was a problem with the autopilot. We had to go all the way back to our gate (we'd been on the runway) and were stuck there for an extra hour and a half, unable to stand up or anything:headache: By the end of the flight I was feeling pretty :crowded::rotfl2:

Finally, we were REALLY off!!! Some pictures from the flight:

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

(Our first view of Orlando!!!)

We landed only about 45 minutes after our scheduled landing time!!! Our trip had officially begun!!!:woohoo:

A few minutes before 11 AM, we got of the plane :woohoo: I took some pictures along the way of course:

013.jpg

(WWoHP- I'm dying to go there!!! Someday...:))

015.jpg

(A sign for Seaworld and Busch Gardens. We were going to go there but (long story short) we didn't.)

After a quick ride on everybody's favorite fake monorail, we arrived in the main part of the Orlando airport!

014.jpg

(The hotel in the airport. The room circled you can see it just a little) is the one my family and I stayed in a few years ago for one night before we left for a Disney Cruise!!!)

From there, we headed down to baggage claim and quickly found our bags (especially quick for Casey's and my decorated ones :laughing:) We then went over to the Alamo rental place to pick up our convertable. That's right Convertable!!! My absolute DREAM CAR!!!

Everything was good, so we headed down to the garage to get our car. I :love: it!!! (or I did at first, but I'll explain that later!):

IMG_9612.jpg

We soon left for Kidani Village!!! A few signs passed along the way:

018.jpg

(I had to take a picture of this because the Spiderman ride is just SO COOL!!! :charac4:)

019.jpg

(I love this sign!!!)

Finally, we pulled up to my absolute favorite sign of all!:

020.jpg

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

As soon as I saw "Delurkify" I knew I had to sign on! :rotfl: I take pics of trash cans, too!! They're different everywhere you go, right? How could anyone really resist snapping a pic? I'm really enjoying your TR so far and can't wait to read the rest! :goodvibes

Huh....I could've SWORN I commented on this latest update.... Well, here it is again!

I'm pretty sure your sister mentioned that same thing about the sign in her PTR, with the names of the cities involved....

Ooh, I sat next to the wing on my flights to MCO too!

I'll be going to WWoHP with my little sister in two yrs! I hope you guys get to go soon too

Niiiiice car :thumbsup:

I've never been to IoA at Universal, so I'll have to take your word on the Spiderman ride. I do hear it's one of the best rides EVER though.

Yay the sign!!!

I am snap happy myself. From my most recent outing to the parks:

DW: "Just keep walking, he'll catch up. He likes to take random pictures of things."

So yes, I am taking pictures of garbage cans, and bolts, and magical impressions in the concrete, and rooftops, and boats, and floats, and the food, and the signs... and you're fully sane in doing so.

As soon as I saw "Delurkify" I knew I had to sign on! :rotfl: I take pics of trash cans, too!! They're different everywhere you go, right? How could anyone really resist snapping a pic? I'm really enjoying your TR so far and can't wait to read the rest! :goodvibes
First of all, :welcome:! It's always fantastic to have more readers on board :woohoo: Most of the trash cans throughout the parks have different logos for the sections they're in (i.e. World Showcase, Tomorrowland, etc) so I think it's worth it to take a picture! And thank you! Hopefully I'll get a chance to update today before school starts tomorrow.:goodvibes

Huh....I could've SWORN I commented on this latest update.... Well, here it is again!

I'm pretty sure your sister mentioned that same thing about the sign in her PTR, with the names of the cities involved....

Ooh, I sat next to the wing on my flights to MCO too!

I'll be going to WWoHP with my little sister in two yrs! I hope you guys get to go soon too

Niiiiice car :thumbsup:

I've never been to IoA at Universal, so I'll have to take your word on the Spiderman ride. I do hear it's one of the best rides EVER though.

Yay the sign!!!
I hate it when that happens, especially when I really like the way a post turned out! :rotfl2:

I think she did too. We both love that sign so it really wouldn't surprise me if she did :laughing: We're like that, we tend to think alike.

I love sitting next to the wing!!! I feel like it just looks so good in pictures, i don't know why. I'm strange like that :rotfl:

Well if you make it to WWoHP before I do, you'll have to be sure to tell me aaaallll about it!!!

You deffinetly have to try the Spiderman ride someday it's really cool!!! Except for one of our rides, the video part stopped working and we were in a shaking vehicle in pitch black darkness. Not much fun!

I am snap happy myself. From my most recent outing to the parks:

DW: "Just keep walking, he'll catch up. He likes to take random pictures of things."

So yes, I am taking pictures of garbage cans, and bolts, and magical impressions in the concrete, and rooftops, and boats, and floats, and the food, and the signs... and you're fully sane in doing so.
:welcome: I'm the same way, my family will walk away from me soo many times because I stopped to take twenty pictures! :lmao:

I'll deffinetly be telling my family that I'm not alone, other people have a love of Disney trashcans too :laughing:

(This maybe my last update for a few days as I'll be starting school tomorrow. Bye summer :sad1:)

About 15 minutes after we drove through the entrance to WDW, we got to the entrance to something else: The Animal Kingdom Lodge!:

021.jpg

We drove past Jambo house and over to Kidani Village! Since we didn't know exactly where to park the rental yet, we pulled into a "temporary parking space" and headed into the lobby. While my mom and dad checked in, I took some time to take a few pictures (of course!)

026.jpg

027.jpg

(sorry the lighting wasn't so good, but you can still see how GORGEOUS this place was!!!)

028.jpg

(gift shop woohoo!!!)

030.jpg

We had used online check-in, so everything went pretty fast. We learned that we got exactly where we wanted to be: The Timon building! It was close enough to the pool and bus-stations but far enough from the lobby to always be quiet. We were really excited!!!

But we still had some time to kill before we got to see our "home" for the week. So we decided to do a little exploring (and grocery shopping) with the top down!!! We drove all the way to Downtown Disney! A few sights along the way:

034.jpg

(The Coronado Springs)

035.jpg

(entrance to the boardwalk with the Swan & Dolphin in the background)

036.jpg

(Caribbean Beach Resort)

037.jpg

(entrance to DVC buildings, Saratoga Springs resort and Old Key West resort)

039.jpg

(DTD west side)

043.jpg

(entrance to Typhoon Lagoon- we're hoping to make it there next trip!)

After our little "Tour de Disney", we headed over to Publix supermarket to get some food. We were planning on doing two dinners in our villa to save a little money. We also needed drinks, breakfast stuff and snacks. Let me just say, I :lovestruc Publix!!!

On our way back, we got a call saying our room was finally ready for us!!! We quickly went back to the resort!

(P.S. sorry the pictures are so big, I couldn't get them to resize the right way)

School starts on a Wednesday for you? How weird....

OOoooh, the top down

Congrats on getting what you want! Don't you love how things work out like that?

The pictures aren't too big at all. They're a good size for viewing. You must think mine are HUUGE!

DW: "Just keep walking, he'll catch up. "

That's pretty much what my DBF kept saying to me everything he stopped for a picture. I'm actually really surprised at how keen he was on taking pictures. I knew I wanted a lot for my TR, but he took a lot of pictures without me asking!

School starts on a Wednesday for you? How weird....

OOoooh, the top down

Congrats on getting what you want! Don't you love how things work out like that?

The pictures aren't too big at all. They're a good size for viewing. You must think mine are HUUGE!

That's pretty much what my DBF kept saying to me everything he stopped for a picture. I'm actually really surprised at how keen he was on taking pictures. I knew I wanted a lot for my TR, but he took a lot of pictures without me asking!

Yup I've had two days of eight grade already! But we had today off because of hurricane earl, and monday off fro Labor day :woohoo: extra long weekend already!

It seems like my pictures fixed themselves. When I first posted them they were bigger than my whole computer screen! I don't know what happened but I'm glad it's fixed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter