• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Are you really taking a picture of a trashcan?!?"- An August 2010 TR *U/D 1/16*

OMG KELLYBELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I'm going to go back and actually read your update now
~~~~~

Ok, I'm caught up. I went into the hat store too! We actually heard something different from what you heard. I guess it changes around. Definitely makes me want to go back to hear more

The only parade we saw at WDW this trip was in AK, and there's a great story for that, coming up...not too soon....

Anyways, I love the shots you have! I think that fox dude from Pinocchio's character looks REALLY creepy. Where are you guys headed for dinner?
Yuki! Sorry its been so long, weekends have been crazy!

I deffinetly wanna listen to the phone again, it was funny! Another small piece of dinsey magic i guess :lmao:!

Can't wait to hear it! We saw MJJP too, i liked it but not as great as some of the other parades

Thank you! He's creepy too!

One of my absolute favorites- Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club :cloud9:

I'm joining.

Sounds like you guys are having a good time. Can't wait to hear more.

:welcome: great to have you! I'll hopefully get an update done throughout the week, but if not deffinetly on the weekend!

Yuki! Sorry its been so long, weekends have been crazy!

I deffinetly wanna listen to the phone again, it was funny! Another small piece of dinsey magic i guess :lmao:!

Can't wait to hear it! We saw MJJP too, i liked it but not as great as some of the other parades

Thank you! He's creepy too!

One of my absolute favorites- Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club :cloud9:

It's ok, school has been crazy for me too! There's still so much on other TRs I need to catch up on.

I wanted to find the sword in the stone at MK, but never really had the time for it. Would've been so cool to see someone lift it!

I've only ever seen MJJP and an old one, the Dreams Come True parade. What day were you at AK?

Cape May Cafe! I really want to try their clambake!

zhjghkghkhkhkhuk

:welcome: to the DIS!!!

It's ok, school has been crazy for me too! There's still so much on other TRs I need to catch up on.

I wanted to find the sword in the stone at MK, but never really had the time for it. Would've been so cool to see someone lift it!

I've only ever seen MJJP and an old one, the Dreams Come True parade. What day were you at AK?

Cape May Cafe! I really want to try their clambake!

:welcome: to the DIS!!!

I hadn't even thought to look for that! It's on my to-do list!

If I remember correctly, we were there on the 21st because I think it was after the 3am EMH but i'm not 100% positive.

Everything there is sooo good! It's all food native to new england, so it's really a nice "taste of home" for me!

Ok, so by now, I've mentioned a lot about my "top eleven (cause ten just wasn't enough!) to-do list". Of course, it didn't occur to me until now that I never told you what was actually on that list! So instead of doing a full update today, I'll just share that with you guys! Stuff we actually got to is in blue, while everything else in in purple (my favorite color, in case you wondered why I always use that!). Soo, from least to most wanted:

11. Finding Nemo show in AK
10. Orange Chicken from china in Epcot
9. Sounds Dangerous with Drew carrey
8. O Canada!
7. Reflections of China
6. Impressions de France
5. Ellen's Universe of Energy
4. Captain EO
3. Sum of All Thrills

2. KP world showcase Adventure
1. Club Cool

So, as you can see, we didn't get to everything, but I'm already thinking of my to-do list for next trip! Thank you for reading my "mini-update", and I'll be doing a real full-on update ASAP! Until next time!

Oooh! You got to do Sum of All Thrills too! I can't wait to hear about that!

I was going to update this weekend, but Disboards wouldn't let me post. That just happened again, but luckily enough, I remembered to copy it on word, so we didn't lose anything! Yaaay! Ok moving on...

We were ready to leave our hotel for dinner at the Cape May Cafe. There was just one problem: we had absolutly no idea how to get there. After inquiring at the front desk, we found out the quickest way to get there was to take a bus to Hollywood Studios, then hop on a Friendship over to the Boardwalk. Deciding to take their word for it, we set of to DHS.

The busride went quickly, and everything was running very smoothly. That is, until we got off the bus, and saw an incredibly slow moving boat just pulling away. As much as we hated to wait in the 95 degree weather, we were all starving, so we got in line for the next boat. To pass the time, I took a few pictures:

IMG_9769.jpg

150.jpg

(Ducks are soo awesome)

Finally, after a painful twenty minutes, a boat came..... veeeeeeery sloooooowly. By now, quite the line had formed behind us. Being at the very front, we were able to get seats, which was a huge mistake. We were all crammed together like sardines. It was even hotter in the boat then outside, and we could hardly move with all the people around us. After another absolutly terrible twenty minutes, we got to the Beach Club, which is (you guessed it) the last stop on the boats. Never again will I listen to a front desk person!

We were extremly hungry, so we hurried over to the Beach Club (but don't worry, I still got pictures!)

155.jpg

(Beach and Yacht Clubs have the best pool, it's the only thing I remember from our stay there, it was so cool!)

157.jpg

158.jpg

The Boat ride over had taken so much time that we were seated immedietly. While mom and Casey went through the buffet with the chef for gluten-free, my dad and I both got started. Everything was soo amazing. Cape May is probably my favorite Disney restarant. It's very, very good! Highlights include King Crab Legs, freshly sliced prime rib, and tortellini with lobster in pick vodka sauce (I know my foods!). My favorite thing, without a doubt, are the mini keylime pies from the dessert buffet. I could honestly eat hundreds of those! I'd pay to have them shipped to my house!

IMG_9749.jpg

(The buffet)

IMG_9756.jpg

(a portion of the dessert buffet, unfortunetly with out my beloved pies!)

After we all ate till our stomachs hurt, we were ready to head out for a night at the World Showcase. I took some great pictures on the way over:

IMG_9757.jpg

(Beach club lobby. Very pretty)

IMG_9761.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg

IMG_9763.jpg

(There may not be much to do there, but you can't argue the boardwalk is very pretty!)

As you may be able to see in some of my pictures, there looked like a storm heading our way. We rushed over to the WS entrance to avoid rain. Luckily, the rain made my family decide to let me see one of my top-11's: Impressions de France. We decided to go there first.

IMG_9775.jpg

IMG_9780.jpg

171.jpg

There was only a twenty minute wait, so we decided to stay, The sky looked gorgeous (cause that's a very normal thing to say, you know!) So we took a few quick pictures before the rain started.

IMG_9788.jpg

IMG_9792.jpg

IMG_9785.jpg

(Omg, i want a perry the platypus t-shirt!)

While I was standing at the door looking out side, one of the cast members came up and said something in a heavy french accent. because of this, I had absolutly no idea what he was saying:

Him: (..... something......)

Me: ......excuse me?

Him: (....something.....)

Me: ..... what?

Him: (.....something....)

Me: .......ok.....haha....yup......(quickly scoots away)

Luckily, the show was starting so I had a good excuse for leaving! Anway, we went inside and found good seats. I really loved it! It was very cool to see more of France then just Paris (my dream city!). Someday, I'll deffinetly go!

After the movie was over, the rain had mostly cleared up. Illuminations had started, so most of the pavillions were empty (we can now say we were once the only people in Canada!). The only bad part was me jumping three feet in the air and screaming every five seconds because a firework went off..... but whatever....

Anyways, we continued around the world showcase:

183.jpg

(the United Kingdom)

186.jpg

(Canada)

187.jpg

(Illuminations)

192.jpg

(Morracco)

196.jpg

(The American Adventure- another show I'll make it to someday)

199.jpg

(Germany- I'm not the only one who always think of Danny and Vicky from Full House when I see this fountain, right?)

It was getting pretty late by this point, so we decided to just go to Maelstrom and Gran Fiesta Tour, then come back another day to look at the rest of the World showcase, and do a little more exploring at some of the other countries. Both Maelstrom and GFT had short waits, so we went on both.

203.jpg

Even if they're not the flashiest or most talked about, I like both of these, especially the Gran Fiesta Tour (Starring the Three Cabelleros!).

We left soon after and got back to AKL in no time. Having gotten a sudden second wind, we took a quick dip in the pool and showed dad the fire pit before going back to the room. After super-fast showers, we all went to bed, ready for a shopping day and a super late night tomorrow!

Just wanted to say as well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! I'll be updating again as soon as possible, so.... Until next time!

Great update!

Cape May Cafe is pretty much a must for me on my next trip. It looks so nice! And I gotta try those mini key lime pies!

Hooray, you got to see one of the shows! That story about the french guy is so funny. I couldn't really see the Parry shirt, but I want one too!

It's great you went on those two rides with little wait, I'll have to try that next time, riding them during Illuminations

Yay!!! another update, I understand about the school thing, This week has been crazy between class rings, poetry recitations, spanish conversations without notes, and that crazy thing they call geometry, things have been hectic, I havent been able to post on my TR for over a month.

Yay!!! another update, I understand about the school thing, This week has been crazy between class rings, poetry recitations, spanish conversations without notes, and that crazy thing they call geometry, things have been hectic, I havent been able to post on my TR for over a month.

Haha....geometry.....I haven't heard of that since....elementary school!

Oh dear....I feel old....

Haha....geometry.....I haven't heard of that since....elementary school!

Oh dear....I feel old....

Did you have geometry in elementary school in Asia ( is that where you were born???) Because I'm in high school and this is my first year for Geometry??

I was born in China, but pretty much grew up here. I had geometry in gr.7 and 8 I think.....I'm not even sure what it consists of....I do remember trigonometry in gr.10. That was kind of fun.

Great update!

Cape May Cafe is pretty much a must for me on my next trip. It looks so nice! And I gotta try those mini key lime pies!

Hooray, you got to see one of the shows! That story about the french guy is so funny. I couldn't really see the Parry shirt, but I want one too!

It's great you went on those two rides with little wait, I'll have to try that next time, riding them during Illuminations
Thank you!

It's deffinetly one of my favorites. i know some people can't stand buffets, but I have no problem with them. Everything is sooo delicious!

I was really excited to get to see it! My mom said she might be willing to do the others with me next trip, so fingers crossed!

Illuminations is a really good time to hit those two. On our 2009 trip we waited half an hour for maelstrom, which deffinetly wasn't worth that wait. But five minutes is ok of course! :rotfl2:

Luckily, with Thanksgiving this weekend, I had no work which means I'll hopefully get an update done tomorrow as well!

Thank you!

It's deffinetly one of my favorites. i know some people can't stand buffets, but I have no problem with them. Everything is sooo delicious!

Yeah, my family is sick of them, but I LOVE EM! :lovestruc I even have a strategic way to eat at buffets too! I'm such a pro.

I was really excited to get to see it! My mom said she might be willing to do the others with me next trip, so fingers crossed!

Yes! I hope you see get to see Oh! Canada!

Illuminations is a really good time to hit those two. On our 2009 trip we waited half an hour for maelstrom, which deffinetly wasn't worth that wait. But five minutes is ok of course! :rotfl2:

I can't even remember what Maelstrom was like.... I guess I should youtube it.

I don't have many notes or pictures from this morning (August 20th) So I'll make this update not to long!

We all slept in the next morning. We didn't want to do anything that required too much energy that day. Why, you ask? That night, there were 3am EMH at the Magic Kingdom! We promised ourselves we'd make it till closing, so we decided that rather than going to a park, we'd spend the day shopping at Downtown Disney before our 6:30 reservations at the Wave.

We all got ready quickly and decided to skip breakfast and go for an early lunch. We walked down to the bus-stops and sat down in the area for DTD. All around us, people were complaining about how long they'd been waiting for buses. We were pretty surprised, as everything with busing had gone very smoothly for us. Until then.....

It was twenty minutes before any bus even showed up, and it was for Hollywood Studios. For the next ten minutes, only Epcot buses came, one right after the other. By this point, we were all starving, extremely hot and very frustrated. I especially get very..... snappy when I'm hungry.

After a few more minutes, a downtown disney bus came.....and came..... and wasn't stopping..... and was driving away without even slowing down?!?!?!

Chaos erupted. Every downtown Disney person started running after this bus, yelling for it to stop.

Me: "GET BACK HERE YOU STUPID BUS!!! DO YOU REALIZE HOW HOT IT IS?!?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!! I'M GOING TO SUE!!!!!"

.........I also tend to get a little over dramatic when I'm hungry.

Needless to say, everyone was furious at this point, and not just my family. Another bus came about ten minutes later, thankfully. I still don't know what that driver was thinking but I'm still not very happy with him :rotfl2:!!!

After the half hour busride to DTD, I was about to eat my own arm. As soon as we got through the entrance to the marketplace, I made the executive decision that we'd get lunch. And fast. As in NOW!!!!!!!

I'd heard amazing things about Earl of Sandwich, so we walked there. Everything looked amazing, but there wasn't much for my mom or Casey, so we had to look elsewhere. Grrr.....

We wandered over to Pleasure Island (or what's left of it). After a look around, we stumbled upon a mexican restaurant.

208.jpg

Mom: "It looks ok for gluten-free..."

Casey: "It looks pretty good...."

Me: "TABLE FOR FOUR!!!!!!!!"

We were seated and ordering right away. I got a black bean and beef burrito, and split 50-50 with dad, who got fish tacos. Mom and Casey got cheese quesadillas. I really wish I had pictures for you guys becuase it was SO DELICIOUS!!! Absolute best mexican food I have ever had. Everything was fresh and hot and PERFECT!!!! Even if you don't like mexican food, try it, you'll change your mind! I recomend Paradiso 37 to anyone! It's on our list for next trip!

Like I said earlier, I don't have much else on this morning, so I'll wrap up with a few pictures:

205.jpg

(The only DTD memory I have of our 2003 trip! That's how special this dragon is to me)

215.jpg

(love the christmas store: If I can find a picture of the ornament we got I'll post it. Or I'll take one when we set up our christmas tree in a few weeks!) (Can you believe it's almost christmas?!?!)

210.jpg

(World of Disney=Most Amazing store on the planet!)

207.jpg

(Can't wait to see what they do with this!)

IMG_0115.jpg

(My purchases! from left to right::
I had wanted the Hidden Mickey's book so badly, and I was not disapointed! It's a lot of fun to read and great to have for lines and long busrides.
My new favorite sunglasses. I wear them EVERYWHERE and get tons of compliments on them. I love how you can't get them where I live, they're one of a kind!
My pin. We get pins every trip. Unfortunetly, I forgot to bring some to trade (I have a few weird ones I don't want) but I love this one!)

We did, of course, go in all the other stores, but I don't have details :sad2:

It was about 3:00 when we finished with our shopping. We decided to go back to the hotel, swim, and unwind before the looong night ahead (which I'll start next week!)

Thanks for reading, by the way! I know how busy everyone is lately, so thank you for taking the time to read my Trip report! :goodvibes Just wanted to say it!

Until next time!

Hey Kelly! Great update!

Huh....I had no idea Paradiso 37 was a mexican place! I'll have to check them out next time. I know I LOOOVE the Earl and so does Andrew.

Great update, I just got back so I missed one. I can empathize with you getting crabby when you're hungry. That happens to me too.

Just spent the last hour or so (probably more) catching up on your TR from the beginning. It's lots of fun!

Yuki: I started reading your TR last night and think it's so funny that I found you here too!

I'm new to disboards but I am in love already!!! :love:

Just spent the last hour or so (probably more) catching up on your TR from the beginning. It's lots of fun!

Yuki: I started reading your TR last night and think it's so funny that I found you here too!

I'm new to disboards but I am in love already!!! :love:

Hey Heather! :welcome: to DIS!!!! :hug:

Haha, a whole bunch of us on the TR board keep up with each other, so it's no coincidence!

I'm glad you're having such a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter