• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

April 2017 check in thread, come in and chat!

We were originally planning on heading down in March for my birthday but when I did the math and realized that not only could I get a great rate for the DLH but I could get 3 flights YYJ-SNA return for under $1000 CAD, I told DH that we were going in April!

Ugh, flying anywhere from Victoria is ridiculous and taking the ferry to Seattle adds an extra $200 round trip plus it is a 90 minute ferry, 2.5 hour drive to Seatac and you have to get to the ferry 60-90 minutes early! We have done the trip a number of different ways, flying YYJ-SNA, taking the passenger only ferry to Seattle, taking the Vancouver ferry and driving to Seatac and taking the Port Angeles ferry and they all suck for different reasons but it is the price we pay for living in Canadian paradise here in Vancouver Island!

Yay, more people! :)
Is that sarcasm I know it will be busy and we'll add to the number of people but my daughter really wanted to go (and so did I) and take her cousin.

Is that sarcasm I know it will be busy and we'll add to the number of people but my daughter really wanted to go (and so did I) and take her cousin.

Totally not sarcasm! I was saying yay to more people on this thread to chat with!

Driving from Canada we like to maximize our stay.

Years ago we used to do 10 day trips :cloud9: . Although I'm not sure if I could do that now, it's really tiring

We have talked about driving so many times but have never done it. The drive for us would be over 21 hours each way so driving would add an extra 5-6 days on the trip. We run a decent size tech firm here in Victoria so taking both of us out of the country for that amount of time would be difficult.

Also, I am not certain that I could stand that long in a car with DH and DS and still retain some sense of sanity! :)

We have talked about driving so many times but have never done it. The drive for us would be over 21 hours each way so driving would add an extra 5-6 days on the trip. We run a decent size tech firm here in Victoria so taking both of us out of the country for that amount of time would be difficult.

Also, I am not certain that I could stand that long in a car with DH and DS and still retain some sense of sanity! :)
I totally understand not driving for that long. It's definitely not for everyone.

It takes us 24 hours but we stop along the way. We actually really enjoy the drive and now it's a big part of the vacation. We've seen so many things and places that we wouldn't have even thought of.

Totally not sarcasm! I was saying yay to more people on this thread to chat with!

Where did my winking emoticon go? I didn't want you to think I was mad. Happy to be going to DL but sad it's just for the day. We'll be busy for sure!

Where did my winking emoticon go? I didn't want you to think I was mad. Happy to be going to DL but sad it's just for the day. We'll be busy for sure!

Tone is so hard to read when you are dealing with written words! No biggie, just wanted to make sure that what I wrote wasn't misinterpreted!

I know everyone is getting ready for Christmas but I just opened up my Countdown app and saw that we are less than 4 months from our trip!

3 months, 29 days, 12 hours and 33 minutes! :Pinkbounc

DH and I arrive Thurs, April 6th and leave Sunday, April 9th. Staying at BWPPI. Fingers crossed that DCA Food & Wine Festival will be announced soon!

We're coming back to Disneyland! We were engaged there in June 2015 on our first ever trip, and now that we're married we finally have time to make another trip (we go to WDW often). We are coming April 20-25 staying at Disneyland Hotel for Dapper Days. So very excited!

DH and I arrive Thurs, April 6th and leave Sunday, April 9th. Staying at BWPPI. Fingers crossed that DCA Food & Wine Festival will be announced soon!

We're coming back to Disneyland! We were engaged there in June 2015 on our first ever trip, and now that we're married we finally have time to make another trip (we go to WDW often). We are coming April 20-25 staying at Disneyland Hotel for Dapper Days. So very excited!

Welcome, I have added both of you to the list!

ej119: any guesses about when the F&W might be?

marsh0013: do you have outfits planned yet?

ej119: any guesses about when the F&W might be?

Some Disney news sources were saying we can expect a longer and bigger F&W this Spring due to the unprecedented (and unexpected) success of the 2016 festival. I would expect a late-March to late-May run, with a greater number of booths (probably around the same number as Festival of Holidays) and more demos and lectures.

I think 2016 F&W wasn't announced until a few weeks before launch. What I've heard is that we'll get an announcement sooner rather than later; my best guess being mid-January, but hopefully sooner.

I'm new! And we're coming from Australia! Disney is the end of our trip down the west coast, we arrive 15th and leave 19th and will have Sun 16, Mon 17 and Tues 18 in the parks. We're staying at the Desert Palms again.

Well, the holiday season is officially over. We packed up the tree and all the decorations and DS goes back to school tomorrow! (Not a moment too soon, I'll admit)

I was lucky enough to get the Lego Disney castle for Christmas and put it together over the last week, it took me 12 hours and 45 minutes!

It looks like we are missing most of the planned refurbs that have been announced so far, the only one that falls during April (obviously other than ToT, ROA, TSI and the DLRR) is Matterhorn which is scheduled to be down from Feb 6 - April 27. While I am sorry that we are going to miss this one, my back will thank me for it!

Please add me! I will be there April 7-9, staying at the Hilton. My friend from Ohio will be there for a conference so of course I need to fly down to take her to the parks! I know that it's spring break season, but it's strange that the flights are the most expensive for that weekend. Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing my friend and hopefully doing the Easter egg hunt in the parks. I did it last year and it was really fun!

Please add me! I will be there April 7-9, staying at the Hilton. My friend from Ohio will be there for a conference so of course I need to fly down to take her to the parks! I know that it's spring break season, but it's strange that the flights are the most expensive for that weekend. Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing my friend and hopefully doing the Easter egg hunt in the parks. I did it last year and it was really fun!

I've added you to the list, welcome!

Do you know how long the Easter Egg hunt typically goes on for? We're arriving on Easter Monday, I wonder what the chance is that it will be on after Easter? DS was absolutely enthralled by the Wilderness Explorer and Agent P activities in WDW as well as the PinQuest in DL so an Easter Egg hunt in DL would be fantastic.

Me me! I am coming solo after a race down in San Diego. I think I'll be in the parks both 4/9 and 4/10. Not sure of hotel yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter