AP Discount

Just got off the phone and was able to book my trip for 9/26-9/30 with AP rates. Only thing was the poly was booked standard view for the first night so I have one night at POR the other 3 at Poly. The rate for the Poly was 35%. and i think 25% for POR.

We have the GP discount on our WL CL room from 11/17 thru 11/23, if we switched to the AP discount it would be $40 more. Bummer. BUT - at least we had the GP and at least we have the room we want.

Besides these discounts being poor, my bigger concern is the weekend rates.

I was playing around with October dates for YC as we may go next year, and the weekend rates didn't drop at all! After discount twice as much as weekday rates. And these aren't known blackout dates or holidays...I hope that doesn't continue..

Unfortunately the trend has been for no or small discounts on weekend rates for the AP discounts..we try to go during the week and avoid Friday and Saturday night. I know that isn't much help for the longer stays but that's the reality of it.

ski

Unfortunately the trend has been for no or small discounts on weekend rates for the AP discounts..we try to go during the week and avoid Friday and Saturday night. I know that isn't much help for the longer stays but that's the reality of it.

ski

Thanks Ski.

With 1-2 trips a year this will likely be my last AP. Hoping to have better luck with GP, PINs, and BounceBacks going forward!

The same thing happened to me. When I called the CM said that it would cost me more with the AP discount and said that weekends were not discounted as much. I am now able to check availability online and looks like my room type is not available anyway. My DD really wants bunkbeds, so I am just keeping my GP discount. Really stinks! I was hoping to save another $100-200. Oh well.

Besides these discounts being poor, my bigger concern is the weekend rates.

I was playing around with October dates for YC as we may go next year, and the weekend rates didn't drop at all! After discount twice as much as weekday rates. And these aren't known blackout dates or holidays...I hope that doesn't continue..

I saw the same thing for our reservation. Friday doesn't appear discounted and its double the rate for Tuesday thru Thursday in December.

The CheapTickets.com offer is still much better than AP, and they seem to have more available.
I switched my ressies over to CT and was easily able to link them to MDE.
:-)

Well for the first 9 nights of our trip, the Bounceback offer saved me a little over $300 over the AP discount. The last 4 nights when we are at AOA, the BB offer was blacked out, so I booked with the GP discount. It's a good thing I did because those dates are not available for the AP discount.:confused3 Definitely if you are currently staying at a Disney resort, I have learned it will be wise to go ahead and book a BB offer if you know your dates. All you have to do is book the cheapest value room and put the one night deposit. It locks you into the BB rate and you can go back later on and change resorts. But disappointed in the current AP rates as well.

The CheapTickets.com offer is still much better than AP, and they seem to have more available.
I switched my ressies over to CT and was easily able to link them to MDE.
:-)

I booked mine with cheaptickets a month or two ago as well. For two nights at the Poly standard view (Monday-Wednesday after F&W) it was $583. The AP rate quoted me $326 a night...

My weekend YC stay was $656 v. $733 with AP.

However, CB was about the same. I booked with the rundisney discount though which was a bit better.

Thanks Ski.

With 1-2 trips a year this will likely be my last AP. Hoping to have better luck with GP, PINs, and BounceBacks going forward!

I think you're right. I've never had a bounceback offer or a pin. Since the general public discount is only slightly less than AP discount and may even be better if you stay over the weekend..APs are worth it only if you get the value from the ticket prices or Tables In Wonderland card discount. That's a shame. We only go once a year so I will also have to take a hard look at the costs of an AP....

ski

If you book through Cheap Tickets, can you still call Disney to request a specific room location?

Thanks in advance!

That's my concern also. I have a certain CL room type and that option isn't available at CheapTickets... Or it's not stated online..

I'm so glad I booked bounceback rather than waiting for AP this time. I checked our AKL res at the end of October and the AP rate is coming up $800 MORE than the bounceback was (for 5 nights).

I'm so glad I booked bounceback rather than waiting for AP this time. I checked our AKL res at the end of October and the AP rate is coming up $800 MORE than the bounceback was (for 5 nights).

me too!! The BC reservation that I wanted for F&W was available for BB, so glad I went ahead and booked back in June.

Also it seems CheapTickets charges higher taxes/fees than Disney. Using the 20% code only saved my about $5 over my AAA 10% off my final night. I'm going to keep my res.

Maybe it will work better for others.

Another vote for BB here, my October trip is booked with a 25% BB for Pop and the AP discount doesn't do anything to better that at all!

me too!! The BC reservation that I wanted for F&W was available for BB, so glad I went ahead and booked back in June.
We stayed at POP in May and I almost didn't bother because there was nothing about bouncebacks in the room. I called from the room and got transferred to the right place...so glad I did. If it wasn't for the DIS I wouldn't have know to ask! I'm so thankful for everyone here that shares their knowledge and experience :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter