Anyone having problems w. WS thanksgiving wkd. ressies?

Definitely call if you can't get what you want online. I was online at 6 and only able to book CRT :cool1: and one of our meals at Whispering Canyon. But that was all I could do online. So I called at 7 and after 30 minutes on hold, I scored our Whispering Canyon for Thanksgiving night which surprised me and was also able to get a Hollywood and Vines Fantasmic Package for 11/21. It is really early and she had trouble finding a table so she was certain they were still loading those into the system.

As others have reported, Garden Grill is still not loaded for Thanksgiving Week. It let me pick a time but when it went to save my credit card info it timed out and gave me a server message. She wasn't sure when that would be fixed but said they were constantly giving the tech guys notes of which restaurants were having those issues so they could try to fix it.

I called and my problem is a split stay. I have a one night stay for ASMu and then a reservation at AoA. A cruise is scheduled between the two resort reservations. I will have to call back when the second stay is 180 days out. It's the case of the computer being to smart.:headache:

Was able to get almost all of my ADRs for Thanksgiving week - including Chef Mickey, 'Ohana & California Grill. Only problem I had was at Garden Grill when I keep getting a server error despite showing availability. Called the dining line and they don't have any explaination. Any thoughts?

I called and my problem is a split stay. I have a one night stay for ASMu and then a reservation at AoA. A cruise is scheduled between the two resort reservations. I will have to call back when the second stay is 180 days out. It's the case of the computer being to smart.:headache:

We are doing a split stay between PO for 1 night and checking into our DVC villa. The reservations are back-to-back, but I was able to use the 180+10 for the whole trip off of the PO reservation - even though that was for just 1 night.

Was able to get almost all of my ADRs for Thanksgiving week - including Chef Mickey, 'Ohana & California Grill. Only problem I had was at Garden Grill when I keep getting a server error despite showing availability. Called the dining line and they don't have any explaination. Any thoughts?

The CM told me that is why I couldn't book. I don't remember if she tried or not. I was getting the server error, also, despite picking a time. That's why I called. Maybe, I'll keep trying everyday. The mystery continues.popcorn::

We are doing a split stay between PO for 1 night and checking into our DVC villa. The reservations are back-to-back, but I was able to use the 180+10 for the whole trip off of the PO reservation - even though that was for just 1 night.

Now that you mention it, I did the same thing a few years back, with no problems at all. As I said, the mystery continues.:confused:

This happened to me and quite a few others also. It's not just Garden Grill but other EPCOT restaurants as well. Some have been told that it has to do with the CP packages. I don't kow if Garden Grill is offered in that or not.

When I was having such bad luck booking Thanksgiving I just started searching the date and time without a restaurant in order to bring up all of them. On my 180+ day (May 18) it showed 30 restaurants with no availability at all from 3-7PM. Cape May Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Liberty Tree, were just a few. So after trying to book Garden Grill all weekend and getting the "error message" I called on Monday Morning. I was told Cape May and Chef Mickey's (my top 2 choices)were both available so I booked Cape May. I've read other posts that people hav called and gotten Liberty Tree with no problem also.

I went to Disney reservations yesterday and got a reservation for Ohanas on Thanksgiving Day with no problem. Just keep trying! Good luck!

The problem is with EPCOT resturaunts after Thanksgiving. There is an error code when you try to make the reservation. I keep trying, but to no avail. I hope this gets fixed soon. I called the dining line, but the cm couldn't book them either. I tried several different ones. Five have no availability, others have times listed and you can get clear through accepting the terms and booking then there is a server error.

I definitely would recommend calling to anyone who is having online issues. We were struggling with Chef Mickeys or Cape May for thanksgiving and the CM got us booked via phone with our preferred time. Since the thanksgiving menus have not been released they have not altered their schedules yet to accomodate the expanded hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter