Anyone having problems w. WS thanksgiving wkd. ressies?

Just finished booking. I was able to get almost everything I wanted, except Le Cellier for lunch on the 24th, and 1900 Park Faire for breakfast on the 25th-- I'm thinking it might just be one day too early to get 1900 Park Faire b/c I was easily able to get it for the 24th, which I reserved as a back-up plan. I also could not get the F! package for 11/16. It is not loaded in the system yet, even using the "type in your own dates" strategy posted on here by dissers. Thanksgiving at 'Ohana was no problem, even got the time I wanted (6 pm) :cool1:. --Katie

I was able to get the 1900 Park Faire ressie over the phone today for 11/25. I was also able to get the F! package at Mama Melrose for 11/16, but they only had lunch available. Still no LeCellier on the 24th for lunch. The CM checked the restaurant and it showed that no ressies had been made there at all for that day between 12pm and 1pm. It's got to be the Candle Light Processional. --Katie

Yesterday I tried to book the Garden Crill for Thanksgiving Day. I had booked Crystal Palace one my180+10 day because nothing that I was interested was showing availability. Really didn't want it tho, so I cancelled it when Garden Grille was showing lots of times open. Then when I tried to book I got "the message". So now I have nothing for Turkey Day again! I just tried to take a loook to see what was going on today and it won't even accept my res# and then totally knocked me off the website. Guess I'll try again later. Worse case, or maybe better, we always rent a car and can go off-site for dinner.

I really don't know what's up with it or why it has to be like this, but I decided to book a back up plan. I'm sure Garden Grill will eventually be loaded for my date, but better to have something else just in case. I got a 7:45p at Rose & Crown for the same night...so plan B is at least in place.

Thankfully the system was fine with my reservation # (after I switched it to my check in date :rotfl:), but I'm pretty positive not all time slots were fully loaded when I started at 5am CT...I mean, I went through all 11 of my ADRs and 9 of them were initially only open for my "last alternative" time slots. So, I went back through around 5:30am and suddenly...MAGICALLY :wizard:...all of my ideal times for nearly everything were all there. I guess it was a good thing I doubled back and checked. Just annoying that I had to in the first place!

I think the system has just been especially buggy - even moreso than usual from the posts I've been seeing. So, hopefully you can get it to work b/c I really don't think you'd need to dine offsite. You might also call and see if they can help you. Obviously, they weren't able to do anything in my case, but you never know.

You guys are making me nervous :scared:. My 180 day is tomorrow, and I was hoping to snag 'Ohana for Thanksgiving day. Anyone seen availability there?? Also hoping for Le Cellier lunch on the 24th. Not sure if either of those is going to happen for us. I think I need a back-up plan for turkey day!! --Katie

I'm getting nervous too! My 180 day is also tomorrow

Thanks for posting this. I hope they get loaded this weekend as I will be able to book Tuesday and am hoping to score a time at CRT during Thanksgiving week.

You're Welcome. As of yesterday late afternoon, CRT was loaded for the week of Thanksgiving. I was able to get the 8:05 pre-park opening time that I was looking for. I have continued to notice that some of the Epcot restaurants still don't have their times loaded in. I've attempted a few times to get the last couple of reservations that I want and they still aren't there. Hopefully in the next couple of days they'll get loaded so I can stop checking every couple of hours.

Up bright and early today to try again and got the dreaded "error" message for Garden Grille. My 180+ date was last Friday and Cape May and Chef Mickey's was already had no availability. Cape May was our first choice. If it were just my DH and I there are lots of place we would go but there are 7 of us so a buffet would be more ideal. 1900 Park Fare has openings but we are doing that on 11/18 to celebrate my GD's 6th and my 60th birthday. Of course it looks like Cape May and Chef MIckey's are both available for 11/18.
Sorry, I'm rambling. I'm really ot upset. Just kind of frustrated with the system. We don't do the DDP so I'm not worried about not using credits. We will have 2 cars so going off-site is very doable. We are staying at SS so we could even cook.......NOT! LOL

Okay, I spent almost an hour on hold but the CM was extremely helpful. I told her I had been trying to book something since last Friday morning and she seemed to understand the problem but didn't come straight out and say that there was one. She asked what my top 2 choices were and found both Cape May and Chef Mickey's available for the time frame I wanted. So we are now booked at Cape May.
These 2 restaurants had been showing no availability at all since Friday and still aren't on-line.
On a side not, I told her Ii needed the reservations for 7 and she said that was the smallest group she had booked so far today. Most were ariound 20. Her largest was 22 people!

Hope everyone gets what they want today!

I'm having trouble with Biergarten. I know it is one of the CP restaurants. I tried both Firefox and IE, no luck with either. Do you think it would work if you called the ADR in?

I was up at 4:30 yesterday for my 180+10. Got Ohana for 6pm on Wed the 21st, as we wanted. Didn't even try anything for T-day or after, as we are planning to have the holiday sandwich at Earl for thanksgiving. Then we leave friday.

I also got 2 park fare dinners for 4:30 on different evenings (will cancel one once we solidify plans).

I was super excited to get everything exactly when I wanted it. I think having a Friday arrival for the week helped out!

See ya'll there!

Today was my 180 day. I booked most of what I wanted online at 6am :coffee:including Ohana, California Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, Tusker House and Crystal Palace breakfast before park open, and Jiko for Thanksgiving. I was getting HAPPY! Then, everytime I tried booking Biergarten which my son loves, I got an error message. I called at 7am and was on hold for a whole hour. I was going to also book Brown Derby Fantasmic package and Le Cellier for CP package. They weren't able to help me with anything. They said it must not be in the system yet. I called 2 more times this afternoon. No long waits those times, but still couldnt get Biergarten or packages:crazy2:

I'm having trouble with Biergarten. I know it is one of the CP restaurants. I tried both Firefox and IE, no luck with either. Do you think it would work if you called the ADR in?

I can't book Biergarten either. They couldn't help on the phone. They said it is not loaded in system yet

Today was my 180 day. I booked most of what I wanted online at 6am :coffee:including Ohana, California Grill, Citricos, Artist Point, Tusker House and Crystal Palace breakfast before park open, and Jiko for Thanksgiving. I was getting HAPPY! Then, everytime I tried booking Biergarten which my son loves, I got an error message. I called at 7am and was on hold for a whole hour. I was going to also book Brown Derby Fantasmic package and Le Cellier for CP package. They weren't able to help me with anything. They said it must not be in the system yet. I called 2 more times this afternoon. No long waits those times, but still couldnt get Biergarten or packages:crazy2:

Last year the CP package details were not announced until 6/30 and were not able to be booked unti 7/26

Last year the CP package details were not announced until 6/30 and were not able to be booked unti 7/26

Thanks. I wish everything could be done at the same time so I can stop thinking about it!:crazy2: I wanted to book Wishes dessert party too.

I was able to book everything this morning. Most of our ADR's include lunch and dinner, no breakfast. We are not big breakfast eaters.

Still having trouble with Biergarten this morning. I tried calling, but I have to take DD to school and the wait time was 25 minutes. I'll try again later today.

I am now booking one day at a time starting this morning. This is the first time having to do it this way and it stinks! I was able to get Kona Cafe for Nov 18th just like I wanted so today was a good day. :thumbsup2

As for Thanksgiving day or weekend, I might as well give up any chance of getting anything on property. :sad1: Oh well, at least we will be at Disney world, right?:lmao: It's hard to complain!:thumbsup2

Still having trouble with Biergarten this morning. I tried calling, but I have to take DD to school and the wait time was 25 minutes. I'll try again later today.

I wish you luck with this. Hopefully you will get it. :thumbsup2

When I read this post I had to laugh though because I was on hold with Disney on the speaker phone as I drove the kids to two different schools this morning. They said it would be a 15 minute wait so it worked out great. I think it really got them in the mood to go to Disney too!:lmao: Hearing the guy talk the Disney talk and hearing the music was a great way to do carpool!:love: :rotfl2:

Just as I dropped my DD off the lady came on so I pulled over into the school parking lot and took care of very important business.:rotfl2:

I wish you luck with this. Hopefully you will get it. :thumbsup2

When I read this post I had to laugh though because I was on hold with Disney on the speaker phone as I drove the kids to two different schools this morning. They said it would be a 15 minute wait so it worked out great. I think it really got them in the mood to go to Disney too!:lmao: Hearing the guy talk the Disney talk and hearing the music was a great way to do carpool!:love: :rotfl2:

Just as I dropped my DD off the lady came on so I pulled over into the school parking lot and took care of very important business.:rotfl2:

I walked my son to school while I was on hold yesterday. I had it on speaker so I didnt have to hold it to my ear. My 13 year old was a little mortified walking through the streets with the Disney music playing!!

I am now booking one day at a time starting this morning. This is the first time having to do it this way and it stinks! I was able to get Kona Cafe for Nov 18th just like I wanted so today was a good day. :thumbsup2

As for Thanksgiving day or weekend, I might as well give up any chance of getting anything on property. :sad1: Oh well, at least we will be at Disney world, right?:lmao: It's hard to complain!:thumbsup2

If memory serves me correctly, I seem to recall as it gets closer to the Holidays Disney announced additional restaurants that would be serving a Thanksgiving Meal with all the trimmings so I think your chances of getting an ADR on property is good :goodvibes

I walked my son to school while I was on hold yesterday. I had it on speaker so I didnt have to hold it to my ear. My 13 year old was a little mortified walking through the streets with the Disney music playing!!

:lmao: Thats so funny!!

My son normally tells me to turn the music off when he is about to open the door to get out so that no one will hear it. This morning he just smiled real big and shook his head. I actually think I made his day!:lmao:

If memory serves me correctly, I seem to recall as it gets closer to the Holidays Disney announced additional restaurants that would be serving a Thanksgiving Meal with all the trimmings so I think your chances of getting an ADR on property is good :goodvibes

I sure hope so, this is our very first time to go during the holidays so I am very excited but I am a little out of my comfort zone. I have never been during such a busy time. :scared:

I am really really hoping that the new Beauty and the Beast place opens up. Wouldn't that be amazing!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter