Anyone having problems w. WS thanksgiving wkd. ressies?

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
I tried to make a ressie at Bistro today at 5am, first day they are open under the 180+10 rule, and not only were they all gone, so was rose & crown and le cellar. Basically, nothing available ANYWHERE in world showcase thanksgiving weekend

Is there something where they don't open up the tables to the general public until later b/c of the candlelight packages?

Any other explanations?

This was the first day of my 180+10. I tried to book a few different palces for Thanksgiving Day and couldn't get in either. This was on-line at 6 AM. It showed 28 restaurants with no availability. I was wondering (and hoping) if everything hasn't been loaded into the system yet. Wasn't yesterday the first day Thanksgiving would have been available?
I went back in earlier this afternoon to try to book something, hoping to switch later and the system appears to still be down.

I tried this morning and again just now and still nothing available in EPCOT 11/24.

This has happened in previous years too. Based on ROE showing at 9:30pm, this will probably be the first night of the Candlelight Processional.

My bet is that the EPCOT restaurants have not loaded the times in yet.
MK and resort places are showing availaility.

Keep trying.

I was finally able to get back in around 3 PM. Booked CP for Turkey Day. Really had no planned on going to MK at all that day. Hoping they will open up more hours for lunch and dinner when menus are announced.
I did see availability at places we already have ADR's but I can't switch those because we are celebrating birthdays.

You guys are making me nervous :scared:. My 180 day is tomorrow, and I was hoping to snag 'Ohana for Thanksgiving day. Anyone seen availability there?? Also hoping for Le Cellier lunch on the 24th. Not sure if either of those is going to happen for us. I think I need a back-up plan for turkey day!! --Katie

Glad to hear there are some for Thanksgiving at resorts and MK. We can't book until Tuesday so I was worried about nothing being left.

Hi, just did a search for 'Ohana and LeCellier for Thanksgiving and both had multiple times available for dinner - party of 4.

45 Places have availability. LTT and Chef Mickey's do not.

Good Luck

Tried to book Chef Mickey's for Thanksgiving Day at 6 am yesterday with no luck. Someone told me that only so many tables were avail each day when the date is 180 days + 10 so that it won't completely fill up before people not staying onsite reaches 180 days. Does anyone know if this is true?

Hi, just did a search for 'Ohana and LeCellier for Thanksgiving and both had multiple times available for dinner - party of 4.

45 Places have availability. LTT and Chef Mickey's do not.

Good Luck

:cool1::cool1: Thanks for looking. Hopefully one of those spots will be mine come dark-thirty tomorrow morning ;). --Katie

Just as an FYI, I just got off the phone with a supervisor for Disney Dining and there are numerous restaurants that are still not loaded for the week of 11/17 and onwards. For example, CRT is not yet loaded as are various restaurants in Epcot including Bistro and Biergarten (some times yes, many other times no). In fact, times will show up but when you attempt to book an error message pops up. This happens frequently so don't stress about it. Easier said than done I know! He thought they should be in by the end of the weekend or early next week at the absolute latest.

Just as an FYI, I just got off the phone with a supervisor for Disney Dining and there are numerous restaurants that are still not loaded for the week of 11/17 and onwards. For example, CRT is not yet loaded as are various restaurants in Epcot including Bistro and Biergarten (some times yes, many other times no). In fact, times will show up but when you attempt to book an error message pops up. This happens frequently so don't stress about it. Easier said than done I know! He thought they should be in by the end of the weekend or early next week at the absolute latest.

Thanks for the update!

When does the Candlelight Processional start this year? That's normally the cause for lack of early availability in Epcot. If that's the case, there will be very limited availability until the packages are released as Disney Dining will not know how many tables to allot to each restaurant outside of the CP packages.

Oh you have me nervous! I can't even make ours until Wednesday. :sad2:The last time I checked park ours were not even posted. I have got to sit down and work on all of this tomorrow night.

You guys are getting me nervous! Can't make ADRs till the 24th.
My big concerns are TGiving dinner - though my first choice, and backup plan I don't think are THE most popular ones....
but am mostly worried about my Epcot dining.

This is our 4th year going this time of year and really, I have the toughest time getting the ADRs I want! Epcot is a mess - so much is blocked out for CP packages so I always worry! and I HAVE one day that schedule works for Epcot day and want Via Napoli and Garden Grill - already playing with what time I want... plus plan a, b, c and d for what other times will work to do them both that day. ahhh!

But have the toughest time with this time of year every year.... you name it I have a tough time getting it - all of Epcot, even Planet Hollywood for dinner. Cape May for dinner last year had 5:00 and 7:00 as options... nothing in between came up - and kept checking the remaining 6 months till trip and STILL nothing else came up.

we are going 4th of July also... really, just this week have been switching all my ADRs around, and no problem doing it at all!

Am working on my schedule now, actually - I know I need to get it right the first time - what I book and get is what I get and that's it... no playing around or switching stuff down the road is possible. Granted, with the credit card $10 fee now - hopefully this will make it easier!

Just finished booking. I was able to get almost everything I wanted, except Le Cellier for lunch on the 24th, and 1900 Park Faire for breakfast on the 25th-- I'm thinking it might just be one day too early to get 1900 Park Faire b/c I was easily able to get it for the 24th, which I reserved as a back-up plan. I also could not get the F! package for 11/16. It is not loaded in the system yet, even using the "type in your own dates" strategy posted on here by dissers. Thanksgiving at 'Ohana was no problem, even got the time I wanted (6 pm) :cool1:. --Katie

This morning was our 180+10. We wanted Liberty Tree Tavern for Thanksgiving and that and Diamond Horseshoe were showing as the only MK restaurants with no availability.

So... I quickly made a Crystal Palace ressie for Thanksgiving so we would have something and then did the rest of my week's Adrs.

At 7am when the phone lines opened I was still working online and so DH called and was able to book Liberty Tree over the phone. We had a choice of times as well. The CM took at cc guarantee from my husband which normally this restauant does not require. So I was guessing this was the reason for no online availability?

We were able to get everything we wanted except I could not get any availability at any restaurnat on 11/25. It was like it just wasn't loaded online yet?

We also are waiting for the CP packages to come out.

Bottom line... if you don't see what you want for Thanksgiving, try calling.

Thanks for posting this. I hope they get loaded this weekend as I will be able to book Tuesday and am hoping to score a time at CRT during Thanksgiving week.

UGH!!!! I was wondering if any of this would impact me. It was all good until I got to Garden Grill dinner for 11/20. There were times showing on the website, but when I got to the end of booking I got a server error. Tried mult times and kept getting the error. So, come 6am CT I called and was told that this is a result of the infamous "restaurants not being loaded into the system issue and to keep trying." :headache:

Has anyone else had issues w/this one? I was able to get Le Cellier lunch for this date...just no Garden Grill dinner. :sad1:

I guess at least I got everything else I wanted for my ideal times/time ranges minus a couple of little things that I'd prefer a hair earlier or later.

UGH!!!! I was wondering if any of this would impact me. It was all good until I got to Garden Grill dinner for 11/20. There were times showing on the website, but when I got to the end of booking I got a server error. Tried mult times and kept getting the error. So, come 6am CT I called and was told that this is a result of the infamous "restaurants not being loaded into the system issue and to keep trying." :headache:

Has anyone else had issues w/this one? I was able to get Le Cellier lunch for this date...just no Garden Grill dinner. :sad1:

I guess at least I got everything else I wanted for my ideal times/time ranges minus a couple of little things that I'd prefer a hair earlier or later.

Yesterday I tried to book the Garden Crill for Thanksgiving Day. I had booked Crystal Palace one my180+10 day because nothing that I was interested was showing availability. Really didn't want it tho, so I cancelled it when Garden Grille was showing lots of times open. Then when I tried to book I got "the message". So now I have nothing for Turkey Day again! I just tried to take a loook to see what was going on today and it won't even accept my res# and then totally knocked me off the website. Guess I'll try again later. Worse case, or maybe better, we always rent a car and can go off-site for dinner.

Our friends are staying onsite over Thanksgiving week so they were trying to book our Thanksgiving reservation in their 180+10 window for one of our two priority choices, Chef Mickeys or Cape May. Online ADRs still showed 'traditional' breakfast/lunch and then dinner times. I know last year Cape May opened at 2pm for Thanksgiving and CM opened at 3pm. Those times were not even listed yet. They are going to call dining and see if this is still the case until the menus are posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter