Anyone GOING to Gay Days?

My partner and I will be there 05/28-06/04. We are staying @ POP. We are in. Just let us know where everyone will meet..... :banana: :cheer2:

Actually .. we moved and now we're staying at Pop as well.. 05/29 - 06/04..

GM : 36 / GM : 24 / SM and his GF : who the heck cares.. :)

Sounds like many would like to meet, just not sure where the best spot in the Epcot Resort area would be. Maybe somewhere at Boardwalk, but we have never actually been to any of those spots. Any other ideas out there?

Ric

stay tuned...we are coming up with some ideas.

One idea has been to meet at the Sand Trap, which is the bar/restaurant at the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge golf course. One of our very own DIS Board members works there (I will let him tell you who he is), and says that if we went, we would basically have the place to ourselves AND he closes on Fridays. There is complimentary shuttle service to and from all resorts (not sure how it works, yet, since this is the planning stage) and they have a bar and light food.

We are shooting for Friday around 5ish....would that be good, for wherever we go?

Tim and Dan

The Sandtrap is very isolated, so if you looking for a place where you will be alone, this would be one good option. Complimentary transportation is provided from every Disney owned resort, just go to the conceriage/front desk and ask for a voucher to the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge Golf Club. A cab will get you there for free, ditto on the return trip. Here is a copy of the current menu. The kitchen does close at 5:30 so if you want to eat be sure to get there by 5:15. The bar usually stays open till 7-7:30.

Dinner (Updated: 11/12/05)
Appetizers/Starter

Corn Chips - Served with Salsa. - $4.49

Onion Rings - With Ranch dressing. - $4.99

Chicken Wings - Hot, Mild, or Teriyaki-style with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks. - $7.49

Basket of French Fries - Regular $3.49 or Cajun-style $3.99

Basket of House-made Potato Chips - House-made potato chips. - $3.29

Soups/Salads

Soup of the Day - Soup of the Day, cup $2.99 or bowl $3.99

Entree/Main Course

Fish of the Day Sandwich - Char-grilled, blackened, or mesquite-seasoned with Tartar sauce. Includes your choice of potato chips, coleslaw, fresh fruit, French fries, or potato salad. - $9.99

Chicken Sandwich - Char-grilled, blackened, or mesquite-seasoned with a spicy mayonnaise. - $8.99

Classic Double-Burger - 2 beef patties char-grilled with choice of cheddar cheese, Jarlsberg cheese, bacon, onions or mushrooms. Includes your choice of potato chips, coleslaw, fresh fruit, French fries, or potato salad. - $10.99

The Burger - Char-grilled with choice of cheddar cheese, Jarlsberg cheese, bacon, onions or mushrooms. Includes your choice of potato chips, coleslaw, fresh fruit, French fries, or potato salad. - $9.49

Roast Beef Sandwich - Thinly-sliced roast beef, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and onions served with horseradish cream. Includes your choice of potato chips, coleslaw, fresh fruit, French fries, or potato salad. - $8.99

Wow -- totally reasonable menu! That's worth the cab ride alone!

Hey all :)

My partner and I are gonna be there for gay days as well we get there on june 2 - june 11...Its gonna be our first gay days :) im totally looking foward to it and the countdown has begun :)

we are staying at All Star Music :)

Would love to meet up with a few people :)

Adam

Hey, guys, I just wanted to say have a wonderful time, take photos, and report back to the board!!!

Dear all:

Let's see if we all can meet at The Sand Trap, which is at the Eagle Pines/Osprey Ridge Golf Course. (You can read a review of The Sand Trap from allearnet at this site http://www.allearsnet.com/ae/archives.htm in about another week or so).

We would like to shoot for meeting around 4:30 - 5:00 pm on Friday, June 2. We could have drinks and snacks and get to know one another.

Do people think they would come? Please let us know if you think you will stop by....Please post on here, or send us a message.

We could certainly plan on another meeting event that evening, or if someone else would like to put something else together, that would be great too.

Dan and I are looking forward to meeting some of our other DIS Board members. Let's make this happen!

Tim

I usually make it down every year with a friend, but this years vacation money went to buying DVC so I'll have to wait. Jelly Rolls is alot of fun and if you go one of the piano players has been in a relationship with a waiter there for , gosh I guess 5 years now. My favorite thing to do is the Sunday night after Gay day go the the Brewery at BW and sit outside drinking pitchers saying hello to everyone , I've met a TON of nice folks there :goodvibes anyways I hope all of you have a safe fun trip and report back here and tell us all about it Yaaah Heaarrr !

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Hey, Unfortunatly we are not gonna be able to make, we are not gonna get there till around 10ish friday night,...let me know if there will be a later getogether

We will be there june 2-5, where would be a good place to meet people to hook up? :cool1: :confused3 :cool1:

My partner and I will be staying at allstar music. Im a little nervous about going... i guess im sort of under the impression that gay days is a singles scene type thing and i would feel kind of uncomfortable if one of us were hit on or something... we usually dont go to clubs etc. so this should be interesting... should I be worried?

-SIR-

My partner and I are going down with 3 other couples, all of whom do not play around and are in long term committed relationships, and we all are not worried. I have really only heard that the after hour parties (at Typhoon Lagoon, for example) can be a little racy, but as long as you and your partner agree to your own personal boundaries, then all should be fine.

As you can see from my post, we are trying to get a group of people to meet us at the Sand Trap on Friday, June 2 at 4:30 - 5:00....all are welcome, and as far as we are concerned, we are not doing this to find people to hook up with, just trying to meet other gay and lesbian Disney fans...hope you will join us.

Tim

sounds like fun... we may just do that... i am a little worried but i think once i get there and see that its not a big singles meet i will be fine... i guess im a little insecure sometimes about that kind of stuff and im nervous about gay day... i am the evil jealous type times... we will be at epcot on Jun 2nd doing the undiscovered future world tour but maybe when its over we will make our way to the golf course.... cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter