Any Wii's out there??????

The new Wal-Mart flyer (for Sunday the 28th) has the Wii listed with 5 quaranteed per store. HTH

The new Wal-Mart flyer (for Sunday the 28th) has the Wii listed with 5 quaranteed per store. HTH

Wow!! I guess I know where I'll be on Sunday morning.

I also signed up for itrackr. Turns out so are LOTS of people. The ones that said in stock had the surliest people on the phone, I guess they were tired of the same question...:lmao:

I went to the brand new WalMart in my area to enquire about tomorrow. Ran into the NINTENDO rep setting up the gamer's contest they were holding today. She got the manager of the dept to talk to me.

He told me they received a shipment of Wii's yesterday but they would not be on the floor until Tuesday, the 30th at 6am. He told me to be there bright and early!

I guess I'll try that then!
:goodvibes

I'm glad you talked with someone today. Did they say how many Wiis they'll have then? Best of luck Tuesday morning!!!

I'm glad you talked with someone today. Did they say how many Wiis they'll have then? Best of luck Tuesday morning!!!

No, he said there was a shipment but didn't know exactly how many. I'm STILL going to the Walmart near my job tomorrow morning... just in case!

Also, itrackr had the GameStop "in stock" so I called. He told me that they had some but they sold out.... grrrrr..... :mad: and I didn't check because of the bad responses I got the other night!

Our local Wal mart is selling them at midnight. DH is number 5 in line right now!!!!!

In our area there have been alot of Wii's around. Our Gamestop/EBgames gets them in every Tues and they are out at about 11am. They usually only get 8-15 at a time. Our Toys R Us had about 8 of them the other night. DH bought it for DD's Bday. She has no idea and is going to be so happy. :woohoo:

I walked into Target yesterday, and they had 2 wiimotes, and 1 nunchuk on the shelf, and that was exactly what I was looking for. I was a happy camper. I first got the Wii on Weds.

I have seen plenty of PS3's around too!

One of my local wal marts is selling them at midnight as well there were people in line already at noon.

My DH bought one at our walmart this morning at 7 am and they only had 1 more left.

One of my local wal marts is selling them at midnight as well there were people in line already at noon.

I can't believe people still have to camp out to get the Wii!!! What happened to them being so easy to get this Christmas Season???????

Maggie

Dh tried Walmart and Best Buy yesterday and they said they were holding them back until Sunday morning. I didn't wake up early, so went to Target first as it was on my way, and the Target tracker said "limited availability" at this particular store. The sales guy there told me they haven't had them since Wednesday. I got to Walmart around 10:45 and there was ONE left! They told me that they had 27 of them, and most were gone right at 7 when they opened. Still no wiimotes anywhere yet- I'm getting ready to go back and look for some!

I'm sorry to even post this,but, last week K-mart had them on sale.I thought about buying it for 4 days,on thursday I walked in and bought it.I was really surprised they had any left.I could'nt believe I just walked in and got it! I never have that luck. We have played it everyday since! My DD's ages 8 & 10 love it! Last night we went to Walmart and bought the monster truck game,it comes with a free steering wheel. It's so great. And I'm not a big fan of video games!

I'm sorry to even post this,but, last week K-mart had them on sale.I thought about buying it for 4 days,on thursday I walked in and bought it.I was really surprised they had any left.I could'nt believe I just walked in and got it! I never have that luck. We have played it everyday since! My DD's ages 8 & 10 love it! Last night we went to Walmart and bought the monster truck game,it comes with a free steering wheel. It's so great. And I'm not a big fan of video games!

Don't be sorry, I love to hear these stories because they give me hope!! I WILL GET A WII!! :banana:

Robinrs,

Think about going to the less popular locales like Coconuts or other smaller entertainment stores. In Chicago, the Coconuts get their shipments on Tuesday and Friday. The itrackr can be good, but EB/Gamestop don't update inventory often enough. Additionally, itrackr doesn't account for the stores that are holding back units for weekend sales.

You'll get your Wii soon!

:wizard:

FYE has been receiving sporadic shipments so you may want to check there if you have one near you.

Hey everyone! I just wanna wish everyone the best of luck grabbing a Wii this week. I got mine on launch day. Both me and DH waited in line for 7 hrs talking to other gamers and playing our PSP and DS. If you cant find any, theres always ebay of course, plus give it till spring time. By spring there will be millions released. So dont give up. Also, after you do manage to get the Wii be sure to go to Nintendo's website and request your new straps for the wii mote. We just got ours the other day. We requested 4 (the max) so we can have 2 now and 2 when we get 2 more controllers. They are free, no charge, but you must have the system first because they will ask you for a code thats on the back of the wii. Also, be sure to grab Zelda to. Its been awesome so far and it keeps getting better and better. I've put in about 30 hrs into it already and not even near being done. I think I maybe at the half way point. So once again, good luck! Heres some extra pixiedust: for ya!

Just an added note: We got the PS3 as well, but we still love the Wii more. The wii gets SO much more attention. The wii is so much more fun to play and it is VERY addicting. So if you plan to get both or already have the PS3 but no Wii yet, you will more then likely love the Wii more!!

I would be careful trying to return extra items from a bundle. It may have worked before Christmas, but there have been reports of refusals after that. I would suggest using www.itrackr.com (you don't have to pay the $1.99) unless you want them to text your phone when they come in stock. There is another site that shows online availability, but I can't remember the name. The last option is to haunt your local GameStop/EB Games during the afternoon when they get their shipments.

There was another big wave of releases last weekend (when we got ours) so there is less of a backlog of people waiting to get this and you should be able to find one in the next few weeks without much problem.

I also used itracker and paid the $1.99 for the cel phone updates. On the second day, I recieved an update that our Target had them in stock. I drove right there and got one of the three that came in that morning. It worked great for us!

We've been doing the Wii check at every store we go into for weeks. Got lucky at Walmart yesterday. They had 10 in the case. Just sitting there. No one was even looking at them. :scratchin It was DS lucky day!

My Wii Story:

I took the guy's hint and showed up at the new WalMart this morning at 5:45am. I knew something was wrong when I was the only one there.

The doors opened at 6 and sure enough, not one in the area. I asked and they told me the Sunday associate MISTAKENLY put the stock out on Sunday night. 12 GONE in one hour.... :furious:

The guy apologized profusely but it wasn't HIS fault. He got a manager, Kelly, who was so sweet but she told me they don't give rainchecks and it was a bad error... no kidding...

Then she suggested calling the other Walmarts. I thought it was a waste of time do it anyway. Two stores basically laughed at her. The third store had a manager who was a friend of hers. She told her they had ONE MORE!!:cool1:

I thanked her and TOOK OFF:drive: .. I made it to the other WalMart in a record FIVE MINUTES!!! I ZOOMED to the electronics department and

STILL NO WIIS!!!!!! :furious: I remembered the manager's name and asked for her. I listened to the back and forth radio transmit, several people telling her there were none, one lonely voice insisting there WAS one and to find it!!

20 minutes go by and I just about give up. I called my son and told him I'd be home soon. Just then I seen a short male cashier running towards me with a box!!!:hyper:

IT'S MY WII!!!!!pixiedust: :laughing: :banana: :scared1: :cool1:

Well, loooong story shortER, I got it by 7:30am this morning. My son, who sold his PS2 and games for $200 to get this was ecstatic!!

FINALLY!!!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter