Anxiously Awaiting December Hours Thread! - WE'VE GOT HOURS!!!!

I am really having a time trying to fit in a few things too! We have never done any EMH - what is everyone's experience with them- I think the AM ones would be less crowded than PM? Do you avoid them?? and finally MK is ope late on a Saturday, then has a PM EMH the following Monday- which would be more crowded do you think???? I know we can't really predict but I am also planning for family members who haven't been for 20 years and I want therm to enjoy as much as we can.

It all depends on when you travel I think. We went the week before Christmas and stayed until 2 days after Christmas last year. We avoided am EMH but made rope drop at the park of our choice and it worked well for us. Now with MK we couldn't avoid am EMH since they had them the entire week we were there. PM EMH we did do but we did a differnt park during the day and if the kids chose to go to a park after dinner then we went to the one with PM EMH. We actually did a lot in 2 hours the night we hit MK EMH. I think we waited 10 minutes for Peter Pan everything else was a walk on. I know everything I read said to avoid them but the way we did it worked great for us.

So I am confused. :confused3 When DHS closes at 7 on Dec 7th does that mean that its not open for the Osborne Lights? It says on the WDW site that they are till 12 midnight that night, I am a little scared to be there the same time that Pop Warner is there.:scared1: We went last year right after Thanksgiving right before Pop Warner got there so I have never experienced the crowds. Thanks for any help guys!:thumbsup2

So I am confused. :confused3 When DHS closes at 7 on Dec 7th does that mean that its not open for the Osborne Lights? It says on the WDW site that they are till 12 midnight that night, I am a little scared to be there the same time that Pop Warner is there.:scared1: We went last year right after Thanksgiving right before Pop Warner got there so I have never experienced the crowds. Thanks for any help guys!:thumbsup2

The midnight thing is supposed to be a mistake. I'm wondering too about whether or not the Osborne Lights will be on if the park closes at 7 pm. I'm also nervous about POP Warner, but most people have said that you're only really affected if you're staying at a resort with them. So, hopefully they are not going to be at POP Century. I guess sometimes they are noticeable in the parks, but don't make too big of an impact. I hope that is right!

The midnight thing is supposed to be a mistake. I'm wondering too about whether or not the Osborne Lights will be on if the park closes at 7 pm. I'm also nervous about POP Warner, but most people have said that you're only really affected if you're staying at a resort with them. So, hopefully they are not going to be at POP Century. I guess sometimes they are noticeable in the parks, but don't make too big of an impact. I hope that is right!

Thanks.. I would love to know whats the deal with that day and if I should change around my plans!

When I was there last mid Dec the Osbourne lights started around 6:15-6:30pm. So if the park closes at 7pm-presumably you'd have about 30 mins of light shows.

My question will be about Dec 12. 13 and 14......DHS has F! on the 12th and 14th and evening EMH on the 13th with no F! posted.....what would you all suggest crowdwise. Seeing F! is not important to us and it won't hurt to miss it. I am more interested in lower crowds. Thanks

How quick are they to kick people out of DHS? We want to see Fantasmic! at 6:45 and still be able to see the Osbourne Lights. Can we wander back there after Fantasmic?

My question will be about Dec 12. 13 and 14......DHS has F! on the 12th and 14th and evening EMH on the 13th with no F! posted.....what would you all suggest crowdwise. Seeing F! is not important to us and it won't hurt to miss it. I am more interested in lower crowds. Thanks

This is just a guess, but I would go on the 13th for lower crowds -- especially if I was able to take advantage of the evening EMH.

We had tentatively planned to do DHS on the 14th, but when the December schedule came out, I decided to switch DHS to the 15th when there is no Fantasmic and no EMH.

Thanks for the link, g-dad! We will head over to the Osbourne Lights after Fantasmic then.

You should do a spreadsheet. Soooo much easier! Here is how my little spreadsheet looks for our upcoming trip.

Dec09_WDW_ADRs.jpg

I have been looking all over for this! lol Its a awesome idea and you made what is so confusing to remember so much easier.
Do you by any chance have one for the full month ?

If not does anyone?
I dont have excell on my computer and a spreadsheet like that would be much easier than all the jargon I have scribbled down in my notebooks.

We have used a speadsheet for all of our trips since I can't tell you when and it has always worked out great for us. I don't know that we would be comfortable to do a trip without it. For as many dining reservations that we make, it would be very confusing without it. We use Excel and Microsoft Works. Either one is fine and you can , pretty much, set up either one the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter