Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez. Just sitting in the waiting room for an hour. How do I make it work?
My guess is it is full by this time, especially since the link was posted all over the web and people could add an unlimited number of people as long as they were linked and had the correct AP level.

I wanted to thank all the helpful people on this board :disrocks:! I want to especially thank all the members who patiently answer all the repeat questions happily and without snarky comments. Those who understand that not all have, either the patience, time, and/or resolve to read through dozens of pages to find the answer. :goodvibes

We don't know if Disney only wanted to offer the preview to guests with an activated pass and IT can't enforce the requirement or IF Disney is misstating policy.

Kind of reminds me of the discussions regarding bringing back refillable mugs for future visits. Not allowed but not enforced until Disney decided enough and installed the current drink dispensers.
Disney always words things this way, non activated ap should have o problems going in

I just got the email but had to go through the link on Blog Mickey to actually get in. Seemed to be a good number of spots left. I’ll be 34 weeks pregnant though and don’t know if it’s smart to travel 8 hours away and be in the Florida heat in August. A little bummed, but congrats to everyone going!

One last question for today (I hope). From Pandora experience, how far in advance do we need to get there to line up to get in the land in order to ride? I have a 9am slot. There are extra magic hours my day, so park will open at 8am. Is this going to be a situation where we need to get to DHS hours beforehand and wait until touchpoints open and then head right to the land? Or, is it more relaxed (as if anything is really relaxed in Disney). Again, trying to be prepared and set expectations for the DH and DD. Thank you.

During my Pandora preview, my time slot was 3-5PM and if I recall correctly, I got in line around 2PM and the line was CRAZY long, but went very quickly and I was standing inside the land within half an hour or so. YMMV

I'm a 5-9 spot. You don't think the park will close to capacity and not let me in, correct? I don't even need to ride the ride, just want to build the lightsaber. And maybe walk around the land a bit.

Our trip is set! Booked flights for me and DH using Delta SkyMiles -- will fly down Friday, the 16th, and come home Monday, the 19th. We're excited to be staying in the new tower at Coronado - looks swanky! We're DVC members, so we almost always stay at DVC resorts. But all my points are tied up right now, so this gave us an excuse to try a different - and new - resort. Our preview time is Sunday night from 5-9. We're doing the Falcon and the Cantina! Now - to grab some FPs somewhere else for Saturday and Sunday morning before the preview starts. Love planning a last-minute Disney trip!

We don't know if Disney only wanted to offer the preview to guests with an activated pass and IT can't enforce the requirement or IF Disney is misstating policy.

Kind of reminds me of the discussions regarding bringing back refillable mugs for future visits. Not allowed but not enforced until Disney decided enough and installed the current drink dispensers.
It's nothing like a drink cup. Those are clearly sold for 1 visit only. The AP voucher is very much different. They require you to be there in person to activate your voucher. You can't activate one early if you wanted to. THAT is what makes the total difference. Besides that, a voucher can book FP too. This is as they intend. So it works the same for events and FP.

I don't know why Disney can't give out the right info. Why couldn't they acknowledge that the link worked early this morning? If they'd only use their brain and common sense it wouldn't be so hard. It's not hard to explain that you will need an activated AP to enter but not sign up.

I'm a 5-9 spot. You don't think the park will close to capacity and not let me in, correct? I don't even need to ride the ride, just want to build the lightsaber. And maybe walk around the land a bit.
Not a shot. Besides, the land isn't open yet. Why would you even think it could close to capacity?

I saw your post when you booked. I actually booked before that and just did the resort with that post.

Sorry for confusion.

Oh, Ok, that makes sense! Makes me fell a little better :-) .
Same here. I was thinking maybe I did something wrong b/c it didn't let me book an experience. It was just the Land. But I don't care if I don't get into either experience. MFSR and the Land itself and we'll be happy.
I was hesitating about Savi's since we have 4 boys, and having only 1 lightsaber seemed like a problem, and I wasn't sure if they would let us make 2 with the 2 boys that were going or not - not to mention that would have been $400!! I was also hesitating about oga's since we'll be there with 2 kids, and standing around in a bar isn't something they would really want. I mainly wanted to see it and say I was there lol! But of course once I couldn't book either I was really disappointed that I couldn't :sad2:. All reasons to be happy with what I got, I guess I;m just trying to convince myself of this by sharing with others haha!

Disney always words things this way, non activated ap should have o problems going in
You think a non activated AP can get in? Do they scan magic band to get in to check or just show registrations email?

Not a shot. Besides, the land isn't open yet. Why would you even think it could close to capacity?
Not the land, the park. I know Hollywood Studios is rarely busy, but I could see some people flocking. It was just a question, I was curious. I can only get there later in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter