Animal Crossing-City Folk

Alas, I have to be somewhere else tonight. Unless you meant before 7pm? :idea: hee hee

I wonder if the Ray is the large ocean fish that always, always, always runs away when I try to catch it. I'm either too quick or too slow, I haven't figured it out yet. :headache:

Tell ya what.... I've set my clock ahead to 6:00 PM so the bell crickets are out now. And I've opened my gates for ya! I've got Scout stuff to do so I won't be on much, but you should be able to come on over and catch one. Do you happen to have an exotic wall? My SIL needs one in her town. If you can bring it by, I'll get it in my catalog and then send it back to you.

Got one right away! Thanks for leaving your gate open.

Hopefully I left the correct wallpaper. 8-) Your SIL can have that one, no need to return it.

Help! Anyone have even halfway decent turnip prices...?

Got the gold fishing pole, FINALLY! Hooray! The gold net is eluding me still. Is my information wrong? Are the petal tails really out in August, 4-7pm? The scorpion and tarantula are hiding from me, too. *sigh* I have those as both in August, 7pm-4am I think.

Fortunately my DD is distracted by a new Sims 3 expansion pack and is not currently focused on her desire to rebuild our Animal Crossing town from scratch, so I may have time to get my gold net before we restart. 8-)

Hi all! :flower3: I just got Animal Crossing: City Folk for myself, since I loved it bunches on our Game Cube. I got the game-only version -- figured if by some chance I ever wanted to use the wii-speak thingy, I could get it later.

I would *love* to have some DIS pals as AC friends! I know how to go to the gate and get some codes, but what do I do with them then? Anyone want to be friends with someone with a (currently) really boring town and not much to offer? :thumbsup2 I just don't know what to do from here!

-gina-

how do I get fruit other than cherries? I would love to plant some other trees and get some variety!

You can get other fruit by visiting other towns that have other fruit. You can also write letters to your town neighbors, attach a piece of fruit, and I usually try to mention "friend" and "gift" in the letter somehow. They'll write back and send you a present, too, usually. Sometimes...another fruit!

how do I get fruit other than cherries? I would love to plant some other trees and get some variety!

It worked for me to send a one line letter to the animals with a piece of my native fruit as a gift. It does not work EVERY time, but it didn't take too long.
Also check your lost and found and recycling bin. I finally got a peach by finding in in the lost and found.

One good tip to be SURE that your new (and more valuable) fruit will grow is to cut down another tree and plant the new fruit in the hole.

who exactly do you send a letter to? I am still trying to figure this game out!

who exactly do you send a letter to? I am still trying to figure this game out!

When you buy paper at Tom Nooks store open up your pockets and click on the paper. It will ask if you want to write a letter, if you do, it will give you a list of town residents (not the working animals like Tom Nook or Blathers) that you can choose to address your letter to.
Once you have written your letter you can drag a piece of fruit to it (or pretty much anything else for that matter) then go to the town hall and mail it.

thanks! that is what confused me....all the fruit trees in my town are cherries, so how do they have other fruit????

thanks! that is what confused me....all the fruit trees in my town are cherries, so how do they have other fruit????

I wrote letters to the animals in my town and told them they were my friends (also typing their name in the letter a well as the town name helps), then I would attach a gift (like your native fruit, a shell, flower, or something like that) and send it to them. They will send you a letter back and it will usually have a gift attached, sometimes it's fruit. As for coconuts, they will sometimes wash up on the sea shore.

Hope this helps!

thanks! I wrote them all last night and got a few replies but no fruit so far. will try again and type their names and use the term friend and such and see if that helps (i did attach cherries).

I've had 2 coconuts wash up so far and failed as trees. :(

I don't know where you were trying to plant the coconuts, but try planting them in the grass, close to the shoreline. That might help. :)

thanks! if a coconut ever washes up again I will do that. I planted the first one too far up, near my house, and someone here told me near the beach, so the 2nd one went there, but I think it was too near my son's house or something. twiddling my thumbs till I get a third one!

going to resend mail today to the animals and use friend and their name in the letter and see if that gets me a better response.

lol, okay, I got some gifts but no new fruit. I got a bass, a trunk measurer, and a giant vase. this game cracks me up with the randomness of the objects!

It is a great way to build up your catalog.

Can you imagine real neighbors giving you things like that? :rotfl:

it really is funny!

wrote some more letters and attached gifts...will see if I get new fruit! if not, would someone be willing to trade codes so I can come get something different? (if that isn't appropriate, let me know, I'm new at this remember). I know there are different native fruits in different towns. have lots of cherries if anyone would like some!

Glad we were finally able to play the other day! How did your fruit planting go...?

I'm hoping to be in the game with my gate open late afternoon /evening today (east coast time) if you'd like to come visit again and do some cataloging and get more fruit.

Anyone interested in Mario items (the ones that drop as presents from the sky) or gyroids?

After a year of playing (OK, minus the summer when we didn't play at all)...we have a gold pole AND net! Wheee! Finally caught a scorpion tonight, that was the last one. Phew. Pretty soon we'll rebuild our town and...start all over again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter