• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ang & Tink's Dining Revue... A Gastric Comedy! ***LIVE***

I hope you gals love the Wave, wish I was eating that tonight but alas, it will be oatmeal for me since DH is traveling, yes again!

Have fun!

And I am late again!! :scared1:

Great start to your review! I really LOVE those live reviews, and will now be sitting here quietly waiting for an update! ;)

Have fun and enjoy The Wave!

Thanks for joining in! (you're never too late! We've only just begun! - I have the carpenters song in my mind now....:eek:)

I'm in too popcorn::
We'll be there tomorrow :banana: :dance3::yay:

HEY! Have a great trip! maybe we'll see you around!

I hope you gals love the Wave, wish I was eating that tonight but alas, it will be oatmeal for me since DH is traveling, yes again!

Have fun!

Girl... the Wave was Superb!!!! Thank you for the recommendation! Tomorrow morning I have Boma booked.... mmmmmm Boma!!!

I cannot believe how late I am for this. I am hiding my head in shame. Love the reviews so far and can't wait to hear about the Wave and what you thought of Boma (we were there last month and loved it).

Hi! I'm in! The Wave is one of my favorites. Can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

I'm in. Can't wait to see your review of the Wave. :goodvibes
Welcome! We really loved it, see next post!!!

I cannot believe how late I am for this. I am hiding my head in shame. Love the reviews so far and can't wait to hear about the Wave and what you thought of Boma (we were there last month and loved it).

Oh, we know you're a busy woman! no prob! We love Boma, been there before, mmmm yummy!

Hi! I'm in! The Wave is one of my favorites. Can't wait to hear what you thought about it.

Welcome! See the next post... it was good...pictures bad, food very good!

I don’t have pictures….I know, but we were STARVING! We had the Taco Salad, it was weird because it was just the shell and meat (and lots of disgusting oil on the plate under the shell… BLECH!) , we also had a large drink (sprite is Tink’s choice), and carrot cake… there was a mysterious chocolate chip cookie on the plate too…I was thinking WHY was it there… then I remembered I had my birthday pin on… You know, when you turn 40, you should celebrate all year, so I think I’ll wear my pin even when I get home… don’t think it’ll do me any good though….

The “Fixin’s Bar” was hopping! We added the usual lettuce, salsa and cheese, but Tink wanted ‘shrooms I don’t eat them unless they’re already on the food I’m eating… (had a bad food poisoning experience when I was younger).

The taco salad was okay, I didn’t all the way to the bottom, hence the grease pit. We thought it was worth it to split between us, only because we were so in need of nourishment! Tink liked the carrot cake, she scarfed that up quick! Would I eat the taco salad again? Yes, it was worth it for a quick stop, just don’t mine too deeply, or you’ll def. find the oil there!

Next we had dinner at The Wave… sorry the pictures are terrible! I’m gonna use my HUGE camera (the DSLR) when I can, but the little Sanyo is okay for now, right?

10-24031.jpg

Multi grain bread, butter w/ Hawaiian Sea Salt…. Tink LOVED this, she told me if I didn’t want any, she’d eat it all… there were 5 nice warm yummy pieces, needless to say, I got one. Oh well…

10-24025.jpg

Tink had the chocolate shake…she drank most if it, by the end of the meal she was exhausted, the lack of sleep was really not helping her!

10-24030.jpg

I had Nicki’s fav. tea…. The Lavender Earl Grey… I have to find out where to purchase this… It was SO delicious, nicely flavored, I loved it! (esp. with that little jar of honey to go along with it!)

10-24032.jpg

Tink had the “Linguini - Made with Florida Littleneck clams and rock shrimp with chunky tomato broth” She thought it was very good… I though it was very good…had some nice kick (spice) to it, that made it yummy! She ate the clams up quick, and murmured “mmm, yummy clams” This girl is my seafood addict!!! LOL!

10-24034.jpg

I had the Grilled Marinated Flank Steak with fingerling potatoes, avocado puree and something similar to watercress(?). This was listed with different sides on the dis menu list. Oh well, it was delish!

10-24035.jpg

Tink had the “Freshly Crafted Sorbets - Lemon-basil, pineapple or strawberry.” (I actually think the last one was Raspberry instead…go figure)… she practically licked those little bowls! I had a taste of each except the red one… they were yummy…

10-24036.jpg

I had the “Crispy and Crunchy - Vanilla-braised Pineapple spears, Almond-pineapple-raisin "Baklava", or Zucchini-carrot cake with vanilla panna cotta.” I liked the pineapple spears, the baklava was nice and crispy, but didn’t really do it for me. The carrot cake was nice too, and if I weren’t already stuffed I would have eaten it all. (I had a bite and a half of each)

The Wave was very nice! Though very dimly lit (which is why the pics came out either too dark or washed out…again, sorry)

We’re off to Boma in a few minutes… Watch out for the lady with the camera people… lol!

Isnt that tea the best! If I find it here in Naples I will send it to ya!

Have a wonderful breakfast at Boma, wish I was there too...you are killing me, eating at all my favorite joints!

Have fun today!

I look forward to your reviews. My stomach is living vicariously through your descriptions!!!:cool1: :cool1:

Glad you liked The Wave! Have a nice meal at Boma!

love your live review! We had to eliminate the Wave from our ADRs (we still want to do some park touring at WDW), but your review makes me a bit sad about that! Looking forward to pics from Boma! :goodvibes

Love your live reviews! That Peach Snap is AWESOME! I can't wait to get another one when we get back.

Isnt that tea the best! If I find it here in Naples I will send it to ya!

Have a wonderful breakfast at Boma, wish I was there too...you are killing me, eating at all my favorite joints!

Have fun today!

You just wait, girlie! We have Tony's tonight!!!

I look forward to your reviews. My stomach is living vicariously through your descriptions!!!:cool1: :cool1:

So glad you're liking them... it is a bummer to read the reviews, and not be there eating the food, I know what you're going through!!!

Glad you liked The Wave! Have a nice meal at Boma!

The food at Boma was great! The service was SLOW though, unfortunately. The only saving grace for the server was that he didn't charge me for the press pot of coffee! (prob. because I was kind to my neighbors, and loaded them up with some extra heavy duty high test coffee - just a note for all of the peops who like mild coffee...don't get the press pot of Kenyan coffee at Boma...it's very strong! - my neighbors liked it! LOL!

Love your live reviews! That Peach Snap is AWESOME! I can't wait to get another one when we get back.
Yes, the peach snap was great! Though I'm a lightweight so it was almost too good!

love your live review! We had to eliminate the Wave from our ADRs (we still want to do some park touring at WDW), but your review makes me a bit sad about that! Looking forward to pics from Boma! :goodvibes

Oh, but you must have some others that we don't have! I know....eating really cuts into park time ;);) LOL! Thanks for joining in!!!

We decided that today would be a chill out and relax kind of day, since we were going to attend the MNSSHP tonight…so we didn’t go to any parks… instead, we went to AKL..to Boma. DD had never been to any of the TS restaurants at WDW, so she’s going to be in TS overload by the end of this trip!!!

We arrived at Boma late… cuz Tink HAD to check her facebook…then she HAD to get her ipod…. Oh, teenagers!!! LOL!

So, for all of you people who love pictures of food sitting in pods, waiting for people to come get ‘n it… you won’t see them here….but you can see Nicki’s pictures of all the food waiting to be eaten! click Here

And Here

Here are our plates…

Tink’s:
10-24040.jpg

She’s got that yummy delicious raisin French toast (we waited and looked pathetic, so that they would refill the bowl of the French toast…both the FT and pancakes were empty when we got up to the serving pod…LOL! We did a good job. –I did inform the peop. Behind us that we were waiting for French toast.. so they weren’t like WTH???);)

She also had the breakfast potatoes, and grapes… My daughter, a bread and potatoes kind of girl! LOL!
Tink’s second plate:

10-24039.jpg

pastries… blueberry muffin, chocolate chip muffin, and a chocolate croissant. The press pot of coffee is in the picture too… If you didn't read my last post, the Kenyan coffee in that pot is like super, heavy duty, high test coffee...very strong, rich and if you don't like strong coffee...don't get it, or you'll be sharing with your neighbors like I did! LOL!:);)

My plate:
10-24038.jpg

I had potatoes, French toast and grapes also, but in addition I had regular eggs, chive and goat cheese eggs (yummy, I suggest trying some of the creamy goodness!!!), and a piece of bacon. My bowl contains African fruit salad, it was good, I had just a little, cuz I didn’t want to overload on food (LOL!) and pineapple with a small chunk of watermelon.

Here’s my “birthday creation from the bakery”
10-24041.jpg

Tink had the chocolate truffle, I had the pistachio meringue (yummy!!), and the jelly thing, don’t know what flavor it was, but it was good! I had a small bite of the other cake like thing, but didn’t really like it. Oh, well.

We ended up coming back to our resort, and hanging out…we checked out concierge cuz I had a question about my dining credits left, and met John, Kathy knows who John is. We got to talking about the other Coronado website, and he asked how our room was…needless to say, he moved us, to a different room, so now we have P&Q, with a view! LOL! We went to DTD while waiting for our new room to be cleaned and ready. :goodvibes

Tink is a shopper, did I mention that? I know I mentioned that I shop…but her… let’s just say, I’m not going into any more stores! :eek: LOL!

We started to get hungry, so we checked out Ghiradelli (for an ice cream)…and the line was out the door!!! :scared1::scared1: Not good for us…so we mosey’d on over to Earl of Sandwich.

10-24048.jpg

Tink got “The Earl’s Cobb - Roast turkey, Swiss cheese, tomato, cucumber, cranberries, bacon over mixed greens and tossed in Buttermilk Ranch”

10-24047.jpg

I got: “Hawaiian BBQ - Hawaiian BBQ ham, roast turkey, fresh pineapple, Swiss cheese and BBQ sauce.”
We also had a drink, Salt and vinegar potato chips and a little cake to split. (speaking of the cake, I have to find it…lol!

DD liked the salad, it was good, but had too much dressing on it for her, she’s not a overload on dressing kind of kid, less is more according to her. She ate most of it, she said it was okay.

I really liked my sandwich, it was so good! The pineapple mixed in with the bbq sauce, cheese and ham/turkey were such a good combo. I like warm gooey on the inside, crisp on the outside kind of panini sandwiches! It was wonderful. I had decided to pay oop for the meal, and use my AAA card for the discount. The salad, sandwich 2 bags of chips, 2 drinks and a (missing) cake came to $18.95… a bargain in my opinion, since this meal at our local sandwich shop would run about $24.50. (yay for discounts! LOl!)

So, we came back to our hotel, unpacked in our new “room with a view”, and Tink changed for MNSSHP…. It was very nice…my feet are still throbbing from all the walking and dancing at Stitch’s dance party. Fun!!! Here’s what MY bag of TOT candy looks like (keeping in mind that we left at 11, and didn’t hit all of the TOT spots, and that I had my B-day pin on, so in some places I got a second handful…Yay for continuous birthdays! ;) )
10-24049.jpg

Next up on our agenda for today…more F&W, hopefully some Sunshine Seasons for lunch, and Tony’s for dinner….

OOOH I love Earl of Sandwich!

Sunshine Seasons is a great CS meal!! Have fun. Looking forward to hearing about Tony's!

OOOH I love Earl of Sandwich!

Sunshine Seasons is a great CS meal!! Have fun. Looking forward to hearing about Tony's!
We really enjoyed the meals we had a SS and EOS! Tony's was great....except for...tune in!

Loving the reviews! Hope you're having fun today!

Denise
Thank you for joining in! More to come!

Absolutely love your "lol" report. The B-day dessert from Boma...one of them looked like an miniature burger, :lmao:

Yeah, that mini burger thing was the pistachio meringue with sweet pistachio cream in the middle...very yummy! (I took a very tiny taste before I enhaled it! ;))

We arrived at Epcot, and rode a couple of the rides that Tink wanted to go on… Soarin’ and Test Track… then we “mosey’d” on over to the land…. I say “mosey’d” because my feet were throbbing this morning from MNSSHP last night… and we thought we’d take it easy.

I have been craving (since the first time I had one) the Beet and Goat cheese salad!) So…what did I get:
10-24051.jpg

Tink got her favorite…chicken ceaser salad, without croutons.
10-24050.jpg

We both got desserts, Tink had the Strawberry shortcake, and I had the butterfinger cheesecake:
10-24053.jpg

After we finished eating, we walked slowly around the world. Our minds thought about eating some F&W treats, but our stomachs didn’t reciprocate! Oh well….

Next up: Tony’s….after we went to the hotel for a snooze…we (she-Tink) needed one…LOL! We headed over to MK for some browsing, and more food!

We requested to be seated on the porch (so we could watch the parade… smart thinking huh?) We had one of the last tables on the end of the porch, closest to the….smokers corner. Now, I have to tell you all, before I start this little bit, that I used to be a smoker ( about 20 years ago…) and now the smell gives me an instant headache, and messed up sinuses. So….on to the story…

We were seated by the Chimney zone…yes, that’s right, the smokers corner…but hey, we wanted to be on the porch, how bad can it actually be, after all…we’re outside. Well, ask my head right about now. Blech! (thanks for putting up with the rant..LOL!)

Now to the food at Tony’s:

Our waiter was Ed…sweet, always refilled our drinks, came out in a timely manner, not slow at all…just right! We liked him! We started off with the yummy rolls with basil olive oil (Nicki, does it also have garlic, can’t remember…) We got seconds…and by WE I mean Tink…you guessed it. The bread and potato girl strikes again! Of the 6 rolls we received…she ate 4!!! Here’s the picture before she dug in:
10-24096.jpg

Next up…our appetizer, we paid oop for this…Calamari! MMM! Nice, not greasy, perfectly cooked, the marinara was yummy. The olive tapanade I could’ve done without, but it went well with the crispy rings of yum!
10-24097.jpg

Tink had the Seafood Diavalo, separated… Linguine with sauce, and seafood…LOL! Did I mention that she loves seafood?
10-24102.jpg

10-24103.jpg

I had the New York Strip steak, medium, and it was perfect. Just a little salty, but not so overly salty that I needed a lot of water… The potatoes were good…I got most of them (Tink’s fork made it to my plate a couple times), there were also green beans with some tomato on top.. unusual, but not bad:
10-24101.jpg

We had dessert also…Tink had the tiramisu:
10-24105.jpg
(had to get this angle, because she had already had a fork full!)

I had the pistachio crème brule, it was excellent, crunchy on top, creamy pistachio underneath! Mmmm! I sure would have this again!:
10-24104.jpg

tomorrow’s a little up in the air right now…we’re supposed to go to Captain cooks for some Tonga toast… and Kona for coffee…we’ll see what time we get up… We also have Kona for lunch tomorrow, and possibly WPE for dinner… Could be an interesting day!

OOOOOOOOH TONGA TOAST!!!! YUM!

Those salads look very good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter