Ang & Tink's Dining Revue... A Gastric Comedy! ***LIVE***

AngVT

My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.
Well, hello there and welcome to our soon to be LIVE (Yes, LIVE....:banana::banana: YAY!!) dining review (or revue...cuz it’s going to be a comedy show for sure! :lmao:)

Let me introduce the players in this show:

Me - (Just call me Ang...not Angie, not Ann, not Andrea... Ang.) I am a Dis-nut... a Disney freak, a lover of all things Disney... get the picture??? Last year was the first time in my 5 stays that we actually stayed onsite (at WL for 5 nights)! (Shocking, I know!) This year, after MUCH ADO... seriously, they knew my name when I called 407-W Disney!!!! It’s terrible...this addiction....there should be some group for this... DFA...Disney Freaks Anonymous! But I digress.... This year, DD and I are staying at CSR for 9 nights!!! Horray for Free Dining! We’ll also be celebrating someone’s monumental birthday this year...ahem, who could that be? Moi? :eek: :eek:

DD :cutie: - We’ll just call her Tink ;)... (no, not her name, but she’s like a little sassy pixie, and she fits her nickname.... She is 14 going on 20, when I look at her it’s like looking in a mirror.... :scared1::eek::scared1:! We both have the same ‘What'chu talking about Willis?” face... you know... this face:

(Gives me the shivers, I tell ya! A perfect reflection of when I was a teenager!) She’s SO lucky to be missing a week of school (she’s getting A’s, so it’s not a bad thing) to go to Disney!

Here’s a picture of us in 2007, when we visited for Christmas:

So.... now that you know who we are... here’s what we’re gonna eat... (and therefore review!) Keep in mind, this is subject to change at the whim of the teenager, and I have NO control of her ‘Tude... LOL! (That’s the disclaimer, and I’m sticking with it!)

We’ll hopefully be arriving on the 23rd of October for 9 nights... I say hopefully because Delta (I have lots of expletives before and after the name of the airline. :sad2: :sad2: ) has messed with my flights 4 times, and this will be the absolute LAST time that I fly those unfriendly skies. (Sorry for the little rant... )

The list of Venues we may attend:
TS:
The Wave
Boma
Tony’s
Ohana
Akershus
Tokyo Dining
Tusker House
Yak & Yeti
Raglan Road
Sci-Fi Dine in
Crystal Palace
Biergarten

CS:
Wolfgang Puck Express
Pepper Market
Tangerine Café
Cosmic Ray’s
Flame Tree BBQ
Pecos Bill
Captain Cook’s (poly)
Kona Island (oh, yeah... coffee me baby!)
Sunshine Seasons
Columbia Harbor House

Oh, that’s a lot of eating!!! Here’s my list of “adult” beverages I want to try (in moderation... as “Tink” isn’t up to being my leaning post!)
Peach Snap
Welsh Dragon
Frozen Mojito
Lapu Lapu
Space Monkey
Pomegranate Kir Royale
Margarita from “the Ditch”
and lastly... Grand Marnier Slush.

We’re planning on doing this thing LIVE... which we hope will work fabulously, as we’re bringing the little pixie’s laptop (so she can keep in touch with the “outside world”, and her teachers...LOL!

DISers born on October 17th are awesome!!! :thumbsup2 :lmao:

Bendy's my first visitor!!!! YAY!!!

Aren't they just??? :lmao:

I'm so bummed that we'll miss the gathering!!! I know you'll be toasting our birthdays, and I'll be living vicariously through your reports! LOL! We're going to be OLD in a little more than a week... :eek::eek::sad2::sad1: (but I guess it's all in how we feel, right?)

Bendy's my first visitor!!!! YAY!!!

Aren't they just??? :lmao:

I'm so bummed that we'll miss the gathering!!! I know you'll be toasting our birthdays, and I'll be living vicariously through your reports! LOL! We're going to be OLD in a little more than a week... :eek::eek::sad2::sad1: (but I guess it's all in how we feel, right?)

Bendy's number one...and I'm.....number two. :crazy2:

Happy early birthday! WDW was either food and wine or birthday. Food and wine won. :laughing: But that's ok, as I'm happy to celebrate a monumental birthday in Las Vegas. :laughing:

Count me in as numero tres! Would not miss this for the world babe...sorry that I am not going to be there with you this year but I will be noshing with ya in spirit!

Bendy's number one...and I'm.....number two. :crazy2:

Happy early birthday! WDW was either food and wine or birthday. Food and wine won. :laughing: But that's ok, as I'm happy to celebrate a monumental birthday in Las Vegas. :laughing:

Thanks for the early birthday wish! (We're looking forward to F&W!!! - maybe me more than DD!) Vegas for a monumental birthday...that sounds wonderful! Have a great time!!!!

Count me in as numero tres! Would not miss this for the world babe...sorry that I am not going to be there with you this year but I will be noshing with ya in spirit!

I know... I'm so bummed that you won't be able to meet the little sass-butt... she's a lot of fun to hang out with! (even with the teenage 'tude!)

im in !! popcorn:: number 4 i believe ;)

Welcome!!! We are SO excited to be going in 15 days!!! YAY!!!

So, here's our "other itinerary":

The 2 seminars we're attending:

10/28 1-2 pm: Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation - Chef Christopher Windus, Todd English's bluezoo, Orlando, Florida

10/30 2:45-3:45pm: Culinary Demonstration / Wine Presentation - Andrew Zimmern, Bizzare Foods, Travel Channel

We're also attending 2 MNSSHP parties... 10/25 & 10/31.
(just in case one is raining, we'll still have the 2nd booked.)

15 more days to go! :banana::banana:

Ahhh....changed our ADR's once more.... I think this is the last change! (I hope)

Ohana, canceled.

ADR replacement: Kona Cafe (Lunch!)

We've also decided to go to Captain Cook's for breakfast one morning, that way we can hit the Kona Island...for some REAL coffee!!!! (Tink is becoming a coffee critic... Nescrape is not on our "to have" list... Blech!)

Hi I just had to post after reading your comment about Delta. We flew Delta to Disney in April of last year and they changed our flights so many times, the first time without telling us, so I know what it feels like.

This year we are going Jet Blue.

Can't wait to read your dining report.

Hi I just had to post after reading your comment about Delta. We flew Delta to Disney in April of last year and they changed our flights so many times, the first time without telling us, so I know what it feels like.

This year we are going Jet Blue.

Can't wait to read your dining report.

OH, you'll appreciate this, living in VT... DD had a field hockey game today... OMG it was SOOOOOO cold!!!! Thank goodness for the blankets in the trunk! My feet are finally thawing out!

The only reason we are sticking with Delta is because we got vouchers last Oct when DS and I went to FL... We were bumped, and got first class on the 2nd flight to MCO, and vouchers to use w/in a year.... well, IMO it's not been worth it at all.... Would rather get a NON STOP flight from BTV to MCO...

We're SO CLOSE to our trip!!! We'll be live in 8 days!!! (YAY!)

After an uneventful flight (thank goodness), we have arrived, hungry and wanting some food and wine (well maybe not the wine, but def. the food!)

Off to Epcot!!!

First up:
(I'll rate the F&W but not the rest...I'll give you my honest opinion....:goodvibes)

Rio de Janiero

Picture025.jpg

Shrimp stew with Cocanut and Lime

YUMMO (to quote Rachel)…. We really liked this dish! (it was a tough one to split!)
We give it 4

Picture026.jpg

Passion Fruit Mousse

Eh… didn’t float my boat at all! We both thought it had a slight chalky aftertaste, that was not palatable. BLECH. Not rating more than 2 only because of the sauce that was on the plate…

Buenos Aires:

Picture027.jpg

YUM!!! Crispy, not greasy, nice slight kick in the salsa (I like a slight spice, just enough to make your taste buds stand up and say, “YE HAW!” but not enough to singe the first layer of skin on your tongue… ouch!)

Picture028.jpg

OMG! Can you say it with me… YUMMO! We loved Buenos Aires! Both of the dishes we tried rated very high on the scale… both received 5 :thumbsup2

Mexico City:

Picture029.jpg

Tostada de Pollo (corn tortilla filled with chipolte chicken – ours was drenched with onions and sour cream, and beans….) VERY GOOD!!! Rated a 5 :thumbsup2 !

The little cup was the Mousse de Pina y Coco. It was great, so smooth, creamy and delicious, it could have used more pineapple flavoring…. But overall it rated a 4 :thumbsup2

My biggest disappointment: Krakow Poland:

Picture030.jpg

On the left, Braised pork shank with cabbage and fresh herbs. It had some good spice, some potato, cabbage, spice…yes, spice again… not bad, could have been better. We rated it a 4 :thumbsup2 (because it was a decent portion, and had a kick)

On the left… the all so disappointing Kielbasa and potato pierogie with caramelized onions and sour cream. This dish was SMALL for the $5 cost. There were 2 small pieces of kielbasa, and a underdone pierogie. It didn’t agree with either of us. Bleck. Not so good overall… 2 on the :thumbsup2 scale.

After a hot walk from Poland, we stopped at Joy of Tea… I had to try on of those Peach snap drinks Nicki raves about… well, I could only drink half of that puppy… or Tink would be carrying me back to the bus! (yes, I am a lightweight, I do not deny… talk the good talk, can’t walk the walk…LOL!)

Here’s a picture of the frozen goodness that is known as the Peach snap:
Picture032.jpg

We made it over to Tangerine café, and Tink says she is hungry again… Teenagers…bottomless pits!

We ordered (to split) the chicken and lamb shawirma platter, got extra cous cous, instead of tabouleh and hummus… the kid doesn’t do hummus and tabouleh.
Picture034.jpg

What I had was good. The rest is sitting on the counter right now… someone started to feel the jet lag (the effects of being up since 2:45 am. KWIM?)

So…. Tomorrow the plan is to hit DHS for rope drop and stop by Starring Rolls for lunch, and one of those MASSIVE butterfinger muffins! Mmmm……..

Til then… If anyone wants any pics of anything, just LMK...

I'm in! Great start!
I'm living vicariously through you right now, being your neighbor next door in NH! It is cold up here tonight you Lucky Duck down in warm Florida!

Awesome reviews! Oh how I wish I was up there this week! The Peach Snap, my favorite drink in all of WDW, we did notice they were the strongest we have ever had them and that made them all the better!

Keep it going girlie, whats on the agenda today?

I'm in - though I'll catch most of it after the fact! Have a great trip!

I'm in! Great start!
I'm living vicariously through you right now, being your neighbor next door in NH! It is cold up here tonight you Lucky Duck down in warm Florida!

Yes.. almost too warm (did I say that???:scared1::eek:) We will FREEZE when we get home!!!

Awesome reviews! Oh how I wish I was up there this week! The Peach Snap, my favorite drink in all of WDW, we did notice they were the strongest we have ever had them and that made them all the better!

Keep it going girlie, whats on the agenda today?

It was SO strong, I was 1/4 of the way through it, and started to get the tingly toe feeling... (the warning that if I drink more, I'll be stumbling!:rolleyes1 not a good feeling!) So good though!!! Wish you were here girl!

I love that cous cous at Tangerine.

We love the cous cous... I'd have that for lunch any day! (wish there was a smiley that was rubbing it's tummy!)

I'm in - though I'll catch most of it after the fact! Have a great trip!

I got your PM.... hope we can meet up if you're coming here! Thanks for joining in! I'll talk to you soon!

We got up bright and early, made it to DHS for rope drop…shockingly enough!!!!!! (even with not enough sleep!) Did TSM, got a FP, did TOT (did anyone hear me scream??!!), and did RnR, then went back and did TSM (the second time we went through Tink’s “gun” wasn’t working…so she smushed me over, and we shared…nice huh? They realized it wasn’t working, so they sent us through a second time!

After all of the rides we needed some serious refreshment… and you’ll notice that we only have a few breakfasts on our list… cuz we ordered GG, and have death by chocolate muffins, blueberry muffins and donuts for breakfast in our room…..LOL!

We walked around (more like strolled) and checked out some shops…(actually, most of the shops!) found the Writer’s Stop, and HAD to have caffeination…. KWIM? We had the following:

10-24021.jpg

Tink’s Mochaccino, she said it was good, but needed a lot of sugar (she likes it sweet)

10-24020.jpg

My Vanilla Late (could’ve used more vanilla…. NOTE: when using the DP, and you get vanilla syrup added, expect to pay about .50 cuz it’s an extra… the CM said, she shouldn’t have added it on…to save us the $$... oh well.)

The chocolate chip cookie was HUGE, and so good! We split it, and mmmmm yum! So good!

Here are a couple of other pics. from Writer’s Stop… (I have to say, this place was like an icebox… good for a while, but then it sneaks up on you and you freeze!!!! It was refreshing to say the least!)

10-24018.jpg

10-24019.jpg

We’re going to MK for EMH tonight… and in between going to the Wave…. I made this res. because of my friend Nicki… I can’t wait to eat!!!! I’ll post later (or in the morning.)

And I am late again!! :scared1:

Great start to your review! I really LOVE those live reviews, and will now be sitting here quietly waiting for an update! ;)

Have fun and enjoy The Wave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter