• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All questions about 5X Rewards here...

After having the card for 3 years and using it regularly, I finally got a bonus offer...get this...3x rewards after $3000 spent PER MONTH. That seems insane to me. I don't spend nearly that much!

I just got this EXACT offer! And get this - we leave for our vacation in 3 weeks - this is not going to help me at all! I have been hoping for an offer for a year and a half & I get it now!

After having the card for 3 years and using it regularly, I finally got a bonus offer...get this...3x rewards after $3000 spent PER MONTH. That seems insane to me. I don't spend nearly that much!
LOL LOL LOL :rotfl2:
I just opened an email from Chase. 3x rewards for monthly purchases over $3K for my husband's visa. Sure. Right. We're going to spend over $9K on our credit card over the course of 3 months. I want to know what they're smoking over in the chase promotions department. Time to move my monthly recurring charges over to my citibank mastercard again.

I just got the 3x offer but it was for anything over $1000 per month. Normally I wouldn't spend nearly $1000 per month on the card, but I am currently hunting for airfare for 15 people for an upcoming trip so I will likely put everyone's airfare on my card and have them pay me directly.

I just got the offer as well. First time through email and first time no specific categories but $3,000 is ridiculous considering my limit is slightly lower than that!!

I have found the more you use the card the higher the limit is, because they are trying to get you to use the card.

I have found the more you use the card the higher the limit is, because they are trying to get you to use the card.

I just got that same offer of 3k per month. I am so ticked that they are punishing me for using their card so often. Time to switch over to my Southwest Visa to earn some double points on them. Either way I guess Chase wins.

Hmm...hubby got the offer in his email, and it says this...

you’ll earn Disney Dream Reward Dollars1 at 3X the regular rate on every eligible dollar you spend above $300 each month

Maybe because we haven't used it recently they set a low threshold?

Mine says you can earn up to a max. of 100 bonus reward dollars. Is that for the total offer or per month?

I just got the over $3000 per month offer as well. DV is the only CC that PUNISHES people for using there card for a lot of purchases! Other cards put out an offer and anyone can sign up and get the same offer, but DV gives you a better offer if you don't use the card.....soooooo frustrating.

I got the offer in the mail today for 3X points for all purchases over $1,000 each month, which is just about what we normally put on it each month. The max bonus points is 100.

Mine says you can earn up to a max. of 100 bonus reward dollars. Is that for the total offer or per month?

I called and asked--I was told its the total max of bonus points you can be awarded for the ENTIRE promotional period which is from 1/1/2011 - 3/31/2011.

We never get any emails with our chase card and haven't gotten any offers from them. Are you automatically enrolled in the bonus points (although I'll never spend $3000!)

We never get any emails with our chase card and haven't gotten any offers from them. Are you automatically enrolled in the bonus points (although I'll never spend $3000!)
No! You must accept the bonus offer to enroll. They are targeted offers and not everyone get thems. I hadn't gotten them in a couple years and then got one last quarter (that I took advantage of because we installed new flooring) and then this quarter with a much higher threshold, that we may or may not be abel to take advantage of.

Just got the same offer. What a load of croc!!! :rolleyes:

I got the same offer... what kills me is that you only get the 3X rewards for the $ spend OVER the $3000. Wow! I signed up, but doubt I'll even make an extra point -- unless some major stuff goes wrong causing us to use the credit card for a major purchase. I'd rather not get a couple extra Disney Dollars if I have to buy some major purchase, KWIM?

I got a card in the mail today. 3X rewards over $800. through March.

I got my card last summer and only used it a handfull of times and not at all since Nov.

I just got the 3x anything over $300. But haven't been using the card as much as I used to.

I got the 3x rewards offer as well, and I believe mine was for over $1000. Luckily, my husband drives a semi and is using our Disney card for fuel right now, so hopefully we can rack up some major points :thumbsup2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter