All questions about 5X Rewards here...

So how do you get the bonus opportunity promotions? I have a card but I have never seen anything about getting bonus points. This would be great though bc we are about to pay for our trip. Any help would be appreciated.

It's the luck of the draw. I have no clue what triggers the promo. I have received it at times. Just so you know I pay my bill every month in full. I charge more if I have the promo to gain extra points. As far as I know no rhyme or reason. Sometimes I think it may have to do with provoking large charges and Visa hoping that the bill is too large to pay in full so them make interest. Otherwise no clue. I have Pd. in full every time with or without the promo. In 2009 I received the 5 times offer 3 of the 4 quarters. One of the times I never earned any bonus due to threshold/category amounts. The last quarter of 2010, I received the3 times offer and did get some bonus dollars. Nothing this quarter. Sorry I cannot help.

Thanks, I thought that's what I had read.:goodvibes

You're welcome. And that's just the bonus portion that has the limit not the first 1%. Do you have a current offer (just wondering-I have only received 1 offer since the beginning of 2010 and only 3 times )

I'd love to see any codes as well since I've received one offer of a bonus since 2005. No sign up offers either and I'd like to have my husband sign up for a card if he can get some Disney dollars.

You're welcome. And that's just the bonus portion that has the limit not the first 1%. Do you have a current offer (just wondering-I have only received 1 offer since the beginning of 2010 and only 3 times )

Yes, this is the first time that I get the offer, and I've had the Dis Visa for 4-5 years. And what's funny is that both of my Dis Visa accounts received the offer. One of my cards accumulates bonus points after spending $3000, and the other one accumulates bonus points after spending $300. Usually, we use the first one for almost everything, and the second only for booking Disney vacations. The credit limit is higher on the first one. With a little work online checking daily balances, I can probably get the max bonus points on both cards.

Just in time for our big trip this summer!:banana:

About a month ago I got an offer for 3x rewards on most purchases, it's probably only the third or fourth offer I've received since getting the card in 2002 (I think)... I'll take it, but I'm still really curious as to how they pick these!

Well if it's only your third or fourth offer, than that is still great since I've only received ONE since Feb 2003. I finally decided to stop even trying or calling them. I had my DH sign up and get a new Disney Visa at the beginning of Feb. Now let's see if they target him. I'm very frustrated with only getting the single offer. I continue to harp on this board that it's just not fair when some people are getting bonus offers multiple times EVERY year for years. But when I call and ask about it, I get the same old story - random marketing blah blah. :headache:

I have a silly question, where do I start to get all this perks? Apply this card through chase and start spending?:confused3

Ok, now it's April 12 and my 3X rewards points have yet to show up for January, February, and March. Should I call and ask about this?
Thanks

Ok, now it's April 12 and my 3X rewards points have yet to show up for January, February, and March. Should I call and ask about this?
Thanks

Yes, Jan at least shoulde be there. Offers are scant lately. I have only received 1 in the past year and a half. Anyone for April to June? Just wondering. Well, I just called Chase and they told me no offers this quarter. they didn't go in and check my acct. Just a quick answer.

Nope I didn't get anything for Apr - Jun. Nor did I get any bonus points for January - March. I got two offers on my one account. I got one via email, I thought it was for $1,000 - which I signed up for. Then I got a second one in the mail for $3,000 - which I didn't sign up for.

Thanks

I would definitely call Chase. I signed up for the Jan - March bonus by phone & when January's bonus was not on my statement that closed March 8th I called. I was told there was no record that I had signed up, but he would "do it now" & my bonus points for January would show in "1 or 2 billing cycles".

Long story short, January's bonus was posted when my statement closed on April 8th.

Definitely call - this was the second time my "enrollment" didn't go thru - the first time I did it online & this time by phone.

DH just got the 5x reward offer for April 15-July 15 on purchases over $250 in categories gas, groceries and dining. Came via a flyer in the mail. He just did the 3x rewards that ended in March!

Do the charges that come up that say "vehicle expenses" count as gas charges or should the category say "gas" on my statements? Also, none of my grocery stores come up "grocery", they come up "other" so I don't even know if we can meet the $250 a month threshold. We could no problem if Kroger or HEB would show up "grocery"!!!

I just got the snail mail offer...3X for all monthly charges over $3,000!!

Looks like Mickey gets to spend another 3 months in a drawer instead of my wallet. I have no incentive to use the card since there's no way that I'll be spending OVER $3,000 in any given month on all spending combined during the next 2-1/2 months. They're out of their flipping minds if they think that this is an offer to get excited about.

But congrats to those of you who have lower thresholds. I hope that you can add lots of reward dollars for your upcoming trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter