• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

The absence of MeMom makes the picture much better for your eyes. :)

Excuse me? Are you MY mom? You guys are exactly alike with photos! :rotfl: I got to witness history in Epcot, though...my mother LOVES the pyramid in Mexico and the little Mayan dude in the front, and asked me to take a picture of her with "her Mayan." Granted, she did ask me to take another picture the next day, because she didn't like the other ones, but history was definitely made in our family! I think my dad made some comment like, "good, now people will believe you WERE on vacation with us."

You have to let us know when your trip report starts. I'm not good at just realizing that they exist in signatures, so be sure and tell us. :)

You are back in the cold north now. Any snow yet?

I absolutely will. I kinda feel bad because I realized that I uploaded a ton of pics to Facebook, so anyone who's friends with me on there will have seen most of them already. I do have several I didn't upload so I might dump all those into a private album on Facebook so there are at least some surprise photos. I usually have to fight with FB to upload my pics, but they all have to be on there instead of Photobucket because Photobucket and I get along even less. :upsidedow

You know what's weird...the answer is no! I cannot remember the last time we went all the way to January with no snow. We had some snow at the end of October, but it was a total non-event in my area; maybe an inch of slushy stuff that melted immediately. Western Mass is what got hit the hardest with that ("Snow-tober" as all the news stations called it.) Last year was horrible because we got storm after storm and the temperatures were never above freezing, so it didn't even begin to melt till mid-March. Some people are upset with the lack of snow but I am FINE with it after last year!

Did I hear my name?
Slow, but present!

Uh, Caren. Did I just talk to you earlier and you neglected to tell me about the new TR?

It was fun :santa: I did not complete everything on my mental list, but I got most of it.

Ok, now I feel a bit better. I did not get my list done either but I did manage a good bit.

Oh no, poor Mingo. I hope he is found and returned. I am so glad to see Bella enjoying the characters. She is such a big girl now.

The one day I decide to clean house before checking facebook and the dis, I end on on the second page.
:goodvibes

I decided to go to the gym, and do a bit of shopping today, even talked to a certain MeMom today and look how late I am!!!!

I did find another Mingo for Bella, when it gets here, I'll send it on, plus a little something I had for Brook. Now in the meantime there is the box on it's way as of today with the plushies that I forgot to pack in December and a little something for MeMom who doesn't tell her friend about the new TR...:rolleyes1

I think the Mingo story is so cute and funny, I don't think Bella agrees though. Poor baby! One day she will look back and laugh. I sure hope Mingo gets returned to its owner.

Yay!! Can't wait to hear about this trip! Have read all your trip reports, but am going to try to keep up on this one and comment occasionally.
Poor Mingo and Bella. :sad1:
Glad Bella is enjoying the characters now!!:cool1:
Love the New Year's Eve pic. And LOVE those lights. Saw them in person for the first time a month ago. So amazing.

Wow...page 4...you are very popular ladies...glad to be here! :goodvibes

I so enjoy my DIS time with you!

I didn't know the story about Bella loosing her Mingo, poor little one.
I bet she will be happy when Wig'd's package gets there with a replacement. Should put a smile on her face.

It would be so cool if Brooklynn becomes an AK vet one day, I hope her dream comes true.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bella with the characters.

Congrats on getting an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for the summer trip. :thumbsup2

Let's get this party going...bring on those fabulous shopping pics! :woohoo:

Oh, that is so sad!!! Poor Bella - no wonder she looked so sad in that picture!

I am enjoying Brook's pics too! Makes me want to go west! Someday...
These TRs and pics on FB are keeping me happy in between my trips!

That was before the fall. Mingo is in the box, but Bella was being very possessive of it - to the point she didn't even want to turn it around and show me. I think she thought I was going to take it, not photgraph it. Silly girl.

I'm in for another awesome Trip Report!

But PAGE 3!!! Unacceptable.

Glad to have you here, no matter what page. :thumbsup2

Wouldn't miss this for the world!

I have been enjoying your beach pictures. The one where your husband is sitting in the beach chair in the crystal clear water - that would be me. I would be kicked back enjoying the warm sun and the cool water. :cool2:

Excuse me? Are you MY mom? You guys are exactly alike with photos! I got to witness history in Epcot, though...my mother LOVES the pyramid in Mexico and the little Mayan dude in the front, and asked me to take a picture of her with "her Mayan." Granted, she did ask me to take another picture the next day, because she didn't like the other ones, but history was definitely made in our family! I think my dad made some comment like, "good, now people will believe you WERE on vacation with us."

I absolutely will. I kinda feel bad because I realized that I uploaded a ton of pics to Facebook, so anyone who's friends with me on there will have seen most of them already. I do have several I didn't upload so I might dump all those into a private album on Facebook so there are at least some surprise photos. I usually have to fight with FB to upload my pics, but they all have to be on there instead of Photobucket because Photobucket and I get along even less.

You know what's weird...the answer is no! I cannot remember the last time we went all the way to January with no snow. We had some snow at the end of October, but it was a total non-event in my area; maybe an inch of slushy stuff that melted immediately. Western Mass is what got hit the hardest with that ("Snow-tober" as all the news stations called it.) Last year was horrible because we got storm after storm and the temperatures were never above freezing, so it didn't even begin to melt till mid-March. Some people are upset with the lack of snow but I am FINE with it after last year!

Somebody made me get in a picture. It was at the Jungle Cruise meet. Marc helped me out, though, by showing me a good hide out spot. ;)

I will be happy if we get our other five snow days, but I don't want it to be cold. It's too hard on the heating bill.

Did I hear my name?
Slow, but present!

Uh, Caren. Did I just talk to you earlier and you neglected to tell me about the new TR?

We were talking luaus and Hoop De Doo Revues and such. I guess I didn't think about it.

Ok, now I feel a bit better. I did not get my list done either but I did manage a good bit.

My biggest failure was not getting to Wilderness Lodge. :sad1: The day we were going to transfer from somewhere to somewhere else via WL, John thought it would take too long, so we did something different. I truthfully almost took a cab early the last morning just to go over there and get pictures, but I thought it was crazy to spend so much money to go in, take pictures, and pay for a cab right back to Pop.

Oh no, poor Mingo. I hope he is found and returned. I am so glad to see Bella enjoying the characters. She is such a big girl now.

I'm guessing Mingo is having quite the adventure in Adventureland. :goodvibes

Bella was a champ with the characters. There were only a couple of times she didn't want to see some, but other than that, she was great!

I decided to go to the gym, and do a bit of shopping today, even talked to a certain MeMom today and look how late I am!!!!

I did find another Mingo for Bella, when it gets here, I'll send it on, plus a little something I had for Brook. Now in the meantime there is the box on it's way as of today with the plushies that I forgot to pack in December and a little something for MeMom who doesn't tell her friend about the new TR...:rolleyes1

Maybe I just thought you were sick of reading about our crazy family after all this time and didn't want to beg you to come and read. :upsidedow

The girls will be thrilled with a Miss Anita Wigd box, of course!

I think the Mingo story is so cute and funny, I don't think Bella agrees though. Poor baby! One day she will look back and laugh. I sure hope Mingo gets returned to its owner.

We will all love it if some CM comes across Mingo one of these days and sends him home. :thumbsup2

Yay!! Can't wait to hear about this trip! Have read all your trip reports, but am going to try to keep up on this one and comment occasionally.
Poor Mingo and Bella.
Glad Bella is enjoying the characters now!!
Love the New Year's Eve pic. And LOVE those lights. Saw them in person for the first time a month ago. So amazing.

Yes, please do join in the conversation. :goodvibes

Someone said they were a different type of light this year, and they did look brighter and more amazing than ever this year.

Wow...page 4......glad to be here!

I so enjoy my DIS time with you!

I didn't know the story about Bella loosing her Mingo, poor little one.
I bet she will be happy when Wig'd's package gets there with a replacement. Should put a smile on her face.

It would be so cool if Brooklynn becomes an AK vet one day, I hope her dream comes true.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bella with the characters.

Congrats on getting an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for the summer trip.

Let's get this party going...bring on those fabulous shopping pics!

We won't be a bit surprised if Brooklynn does a Disney College Program and/or works in Animal Kingdom.

Making the ADR did make the wait for the summer trip more exciting. :cool1:

Jill loaded all the pictures on her computer, so I am hoping she will have time to put them on Photobucket tonight or tomorrow. If not, I will get Drew to get some off this computer onto the external hard drive, then load the new ones, then get them onto Photobucket. The first memory card has 1800+ pictures on it. The second one has around 800.

Wow, page 4 already. I'm in and I'll try to keep up this time.

Maybe we can keep up with the Links on post #2 to help. I will have to count on Jill for that, too, as I don't know how to do it. We are glad to be gathering up our whole gang of DIS friends for this newest trip. I sometimes wonder if people don't get sick of seeing the same pictures or hearing my goofy and horrible jokes. ;)

Joining in for the fun

Good to see our Tennessee friends coming along!

I'm here but I have to go back and catch up.

All caught up, but I'm so sad about the Mingo. We'll have a look around next month for her.

Ok, I'm dying to know....What or who is Mingo???

Jill in CO

It's really okay. You know there will be like 248 more to go! :laughing:

That's true :rotfl:

Awwww, poor Mingo! I lost a stuffed animal at Disney when I was 9. It was a Tigger that I got earlier in the day. I left him behind in the food court at CBR. I realized it before we got back to the room and we went back but he was gone :sad1: My mom told guest relations but they never found him. I assume some other kid took him. We replaced him with an identical Tigger but I was still sad. The rest of the trip was much less traumatic :laughing:

Somebody made me get in a picture. It was at the Jungle Cruise meet. Marc helped me out, though, by showing me a good hide out spot. ;)

::yes::

I will be happy if we get our other five snow days, but I don't want it to be cold. It's too hard on the heating bill.

Just heard we will be warming up again. I can deal with a day or two of cold and then a week or two of warm.

My biggest failure was not getting to Wilderness Lodge. :sad1: The day we were going to transfer from somewhere to somewhere else via WL, John thought it would take too long, so we did something different. I truthfully almost took a cab early the last morning just to go over there and get pictures, but I thought it was crazy to spend so much money to go in, take pictures, and pay for a cab right back to Pop.

Mine was not getting over to POP. We had dinner ther before the JC meet so I will trade you POP pictures for WL. I know nothing replaces actually being there but it is better thatn nothing. Unfortunately I wanted to hear the POP christmas music so unless you got some visoe in the lobby are I am afraid I am out of luck. :sad2:

Someone said they were a different type of light this year, and they did look brighter and more amazing than ever this year.

They went all LED this year.

I'm here but I have to go back and catch up.

All caught up, but I'm so sad about the Mingo. We'll have a look around next month for her.

If you see a mingo in the top of a Swiss Family Treehouse tree, it is most assuredly Bella's. Some in the group said they heard a thump and not a splash, so we do not think he made it to water. :laughing:

Ok, I'm dying to know....What or who is Mingo???

Jill in CO

Anita, the gift giver extraordinaire, had just given Bella, lover of mingos (flamingos, to the general populations) a Christmas ornament mingo. Bella did not want to part with it - not letting me even glance at it and not letting Jill put it in her bag. Mingo apparently felt that Bella was going to be quite the possessive type and flew the coop (or the Treehouse, in this case) within minutes. :sad2: Bella shed many tears over her new friend, and if he comes back, I think she has learned her lesson about letting Mommy hold things while Treehouse climbing. :thumbsup2

That's true :rotfl:

Awwww, poor Mingo! I lost a stuffed animal at Disney when I was 9. It was a Tigger that I got earlier in the day. I left him behind in the food court at CBR. I realized it before we got back to the room and we went back but he was gone :sad1: My mom told guest relations but they never found him. I assume some other kid took him. We replaced him with an identical Tigger but I was still sad. The rest of the trip was much less traumatic :laughing:

I would say at a regular attraction or ride, we might have a chance. At the Treehouse, who knows if we will ever see Mingo again. At least he has plenty of bird friends in Magic Kingdom to keep him company.

I'd like to get a bird's-eye view of the Treehouse right now to see if we could spot Sir Mingo. ;)

Just heard we will be warming up again. I can deal with a day or two of cold and then a week or two of warm.

Mine was not getting over to POP. We had dinner ther before the JC meet so I will trade you POP pictures for WL. I know nothing replaces actually being there but it is better thatn nothing. Unfortunately I wanted to hear the POP christmas music so unless you got some visoe in the lobby are I am afraid I am out of luck. :sad2:

They went all LED this year.

I couldn't remember the term, but yes, the lights were noticeably brighter and so beautiful this year.

So far, we have had only a few very cold days, and nothing like we had last year. Maybe Mother Nature is taking pity on me, knowing there is no spring break trip to revive me in a couple of months. ;) Mostly I will be happy for the heating bill not to be sucking up all of my Disney dollars. ::yes::

I don't think I did do any video at Pop. I am sorry. It seems like we don't do a good job of showing video, so I didn't do much period. We'll have to live with our regrets. I'm glad you got WL pictures for us, and you can always youtube some Pop Century Christmas for you. :santa:

I saw this on Glenda's FB this morning. Lots of great pictures for us as we await the grand new Fantasyland!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8543

I don't think I did do any video at Pop. I am sorry. It seems like we don't do a good job of showing video, so I didn't do much period. We'll have to live with our regrets. I'm glad you got WL pictures for us, and you can always youtube some Pop Century Christmas for you. :santa:

I am sure there will be a next time. :laughing: What fun would it be if we crossed everything off our list? ;)

Of course very soon there will be things added to our list. :lmao:

I saw this on Glenda's FB this morning. Lots of great pictures for us as we await the grand new Fantasyland!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8543

See ?!?!? New things added to the list. I am glad they reopened the Firehouse and found something exciting to draw people there.

Looks like by this report Dumbo is now March instead of Presidents weekend. :confused3

To make you feel better about no Spring break trip, at least there will be stuff done by the time you go. Spring break it might or might not be done.

Looks like Fantasyland with walls up around Dumbo now is all walled in again. :sad2: I look forward to seeing it "big" again.

Thanks for the Mingo explanation! Poor Mingo! I hope someone finds him soon!

BTW...nice to see someone else named Jill....not that many of us around.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter