All I Want For Christmas Is an Okapi, a Dinosaur, a Herd of Elephants and ...

BrooklynnsMommy

DIS Veteran
Welcome all to another BrooklynnsMommy and MeMom trip report! We can't wait to share our latest Disney adventure with you all so on to the introductions!

Here is the whole crew (minus MeMom, of course) on New Years Eve!

IMG_8421.jpg

First, let's introduce the true stars of all of our reports! My sweet girls, Brooklynn and Bellarie.

413894_2621291484282_1015041877_2719144_1791179064_o.jpg

IMG_6902.jpg

Brooklynn is my oldest. She is 5 and half. She is in Kindergarten and loving it. Her favorite subject is math. She loves the thrill rides and would have ridden Space Mountain all day long if we let her. She loves animals and it is because of this love that we got our title for this trip report. She wants to be a vet when she grows up. Aladdin asked her to come to the palace and be their vet, but I am hoping she finds her way to Animal Kingdom. This was her 17th trip.

IMG_8326.jpg

Bellarie is my pixie-sized almost 3 year old. She is extremely independent and extremely fast! She loves all things girly - purses, heels, and anything glittery and sparkly. She wants to do whatever her big sister is doing and got a little bummed out this time when she couldn't ride some of the rides. This trip she loved the characters and needed to see them all, especially the princesses, Minnie and Daisy. This was her 9th trip.

IMG_8189-1.jpg

Now for the supporting cast:

Me, Jill. I am the assistant director at Bellarie's school. It is a crazy job sometimes but I really love it. I love Disney World. It is my happy place. I love watching my girls immersed in the magic.

IMG_8064.jpg

John, my DH. He is an engineer and sees things very differently from me. He really does enjoy going to Disney, he just has a different touring style. He likes to take it slow and stick to a plan. He was very excited to eat at Ohana again this trip.

IMG_8200.jpg

MeMom, my mom. My cohort in Disney crime. We enable each other. Also known as the elusive Hidden MeMom. You'll have to look close but you might catch her reflection in a mirror as she takes a picture. She loves having her family together at any time, but especially in her favorite place.

Trent. My little brother. Also known as Uncle Bubby. He loves his nieces to death. He is a big guy with a big heart. He enjoys Disney and all the good eating he gets to do while he is there.

332835_2628778831461_1015041877_2723090_2004353895_o.jpg

Jarvis - Trent's friend. Also adopted member of the family. This was his 3rd trip with us. My girls absolutely adore him and this trip chose him over Uncle Bubby a couple of times. :rotfl:

396810_282507025130275_100001129384233_714027_243210671_n.jpg

My littlest brother Drew had to stay behind and work.

So that is the crew, we hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did!

Here is the whole crew (minus MeMom, of course) on New Years Eve!

IMG_8421.jpg

Thanks, everyone, for stopping long enough to get the group picture. The lights were especially beautiful this year. I am glad Jarvis got to see them.

First, let's introduce the true stars of all of our reports! My sweet girls, Brooklynn and Bellarie.

413894_2621291484282_1015041877_2719144_1791179064_o.jpg

Oh yeah, that is surely Bella right in the midst of the characters - not even having to hold Brooklynn's hand. She rocked it out this trip! :cool1:

We had to pull her new shoes off. One was rubbing a blister on the side of her foot.

Brooklynn is my oldest. She wants to be a vet when she grows up. Aladdin asked her to come to the palace and be their vet, but I am hoping she finds her way to Animal Kingdom. This was her 17th trip.

She will be a fantastic Animal Kingdom worker. :thumbsup2

Bellarie is my pixie-sized almost 3 year old. She is extremely independent and extremely fast! This trip she loved the characters and needed to see them all, especially the princesses, Minnie and Daisy. This was her 9th trip.

Faster than lightning, that girl is!!!

Me, Jill. I love Disney World. It is my happy place. I love watching my girls immersed in the magic.

And I like to watch my girl and my girl's girls immersed in the magic. :lovestruc

Glad I got that picture of Bella holding the box Mingo was in as quickly as I did.

May he rest in peace. :sad1:

John, my DH. He is an engineer and sees things very differently from me. He really does enjoy going to Disney, he just has a different touring style. He likes to take it slow and stick to a plan. He was very excited to eat at Ohana again this trip.

When well-fed and well-rested, he is good for about 3-5 days on a Disney trip. After that, he gets himself a few time-outs. :rolleyes1

After waiting fooooreeeeveeer to get up there and get some really great on top of the park footage, my memory card ran out of space!

Outta space on Astro Orbiter....shoulda known, huh? ;)

MeMom, my mom. My cohort in Disney crime. We enable each other. Also known as the elusive Hidden MeMom. You'll have to look close but you might catch her reflection in a mirror as she takes a picture. She loves having her family together at any time, but especially in her favorite place.

A criminal for a mother? That's not cool at all. :sad2:

I did try getting some floating head reflection pictures on purpose this time. We'll see how those turn out. :)

Yes, spending time with my family is the best, and spending time with them in Disney World is beyond the best! :love:

Trent. My little brother. Also known as Uncle Bubby. He loves his nieces to death. He is a big guy with a big heart. He enjoys Disney and all the good eating he gets to do while he is there.

Our Bubby. He does love those girls, and he does love food. ::yes::

Jarvis - Trent's friend. Also adopted member of the family. This was his 3rd trip with us. My girls absolutely adore him and this trip chose him over Uncle Bubby a couple of times. :rotfl:

Jarvis is a good guy. He tolerates Trent's craziness. He enjoys being around our family. He was ready for a getaway on this trip. He and Trent are thinking about going back down for a few days when we go in June. Don't know if it will happen, but Anita and Marc said they would be happy to have them again, so we will see. I hope they do get to go for at least 3-4 days.

My littlest brother Drew had to stay behind and work.

Maybe by summertime he will be ready to go again and he can ride down with Trent and Jarvis.

So that is the crew, we hope you enjoy the trip as much as we did!

We had a good time. I loved my family time, and we all enjoyed seeing DIS friends.

Picture pages:
5: Travel/ME/Pop
9: Christmas night at Magic Kingdom
13: Christmas night DIS meet, Emporium shopping, nighttime at Pop Century
15: Baby #3 announcement
18: Brooklynn wishing Baby #3 into existence ;)
21: Everything Pop shopping
23: Opening Hollywood Studios in the dark, Toy Story Midway Mania
25: Hollywood, Tower of Terror, Starring Rolls
28: Toy Story area, Buzz meet
31: Great Movie Ride
32: Hollywood
33 & 34: Playhouse Disney
35: Beauty and the Beast
37: Hollywood shopping
39: Christmas displays in Pop room windows
40: Team Catch Girls wins a prize at Hippy Dippy Pool, AoA pics from Pop
43: Jammin' Jungle Parade, Rafiki's, sad, sad news, WinterSummerLand Golf
45: Animal Kingdom, Lilly Gorilla having fun on the bus, Old Key West
47: Brooklynn's pictures
49: Downtown Disney
51: Pop morning, gift shop, breakfast, mug and price
52: Morning at Magic Kingdom
55: Magic Kingdom, pictures from Dumbo, Castle show
57: Adventureland
59: Liberty Square, Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe
61 & 63: Contemporary and Grand Floridian
64: Everything Pop shopping
67: Pin trading, Pop food court food, doing The Hustle
68: Early morning at Pop Century, opening Epcot
71: Girls with Fab Five at Character Spot
72-73: The Seas, Figment, Sunshine Seasons
75: Soarin, Daisy, Stitch, Art of Disney
76: China, Mulan, Tomb Warriors
78: Germany
79: Bella's 3 yr. old birthday party - Little Mermaid theme
81: Morocco, Japan, 'perfect' Belle
82: World Showcase, MouseGear
83: Bella pictures in honor of her 3rd birthday
84: Epcot
85: Beach Club
87: Walking around Yacht Club and then to Boardwalk
88: Lots of Photopass pictures
90-91: Opry Mills re-opens, Disney Store and Rainforest Cafe
92: Walking around Boardwalk
93: Epcot: Christmas displays and Candlelight Processional
94-95: Opening Animal Kingdom
96: Morning at Animal Kingdom, Wigd & Shocker, Pizzafari breakfast
97: Character greetings and lots of cool Christmas trees at Animal Kingdom
98: Animal Kingdom Lodge
99: New Princess reveal
102: Chef Mickey's & Goofy's Garden Golf
104: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Trent and Jarvis arrive
107: Kilimanjaro Safari, lion up and roaring
109: 'Ohana - table for 28
110: Magic Kingdom - Confectionery, Ariel and Eric, Dance Party
112: MK Christmas Parade
114: Jammin' Jungle Parade, DIS meet
115: Jungle Cruise DIS meet and Fleeing Mingo
116: New Year's Eve (morning) at Magic Kingdom
117: Tomorrowland Speedway, shopping in Tomorrowland
119: Astro Orbiter (sort of), a sausage dog, missing Naveen, Liberty Square
120 & 122: Frontierland, lots of shopping pictures
123: Brooklynn's Kindergarten graduation and dance recital
125: Magic Kingdom, Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade
126: Magic Kingdom, swimming at Pop on NYE
127: Osborne Lights and Writer's Stop
128: dinner at Caribbean Beach Resort
130: New Year's Eve fireworks and DIS meet
131 & 132: World of Disney - lots of shopping pictures
134: Team Mickey and Once Upon a Toy
135: Art of Disney
136: DTD to Beach Club, Epcot, Belle, Morocco, Aladdin & Jasmine
138: World Showcase, Snow White
139: Living with the Land
140: leaving Epcot, lots of new 'friends', Haunted Mansion
141: Small World
143: last night - Monsters, Inc., last morning - resort TV, Pop shopping
144: Pop Century food, Art of Animation
145: Last of Hollywood, Great Movie Ride (cowboy)
146: Photopass pictures
147: Now it's time to say goodbye....

149: October trip arrival and Hollywood Studios
150: Hollywood, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness Campfire Sing Along
151: Pop shopping
152: Shopping, AKL, Lilly being silly, DIS meet at MNSSHP
153: Polynesian, pirate boys
154: Magic Kingdom, Cosmic Ray's
155: MSEP, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
156: Pop shopping, Epcot
157: The Seas, scuba diver
158: More of The Seas/Turtle Talk/quiz certificate
160: Living with the Land
170: World Showcase/Food and Wine
171: Last of Magic Kingdom with Carson and Parker, going home

Thanks for the FB heads up! My Daniel would take an okapi for Christmas too I think!

Will do my best to keep up

Thanks for the heads up on FB! I'm sure I won't be able to keep up, but I enjoy seeing your adventures!

Joining in!

I have some serious Disney fever right now. It's been close to a year since our last trip and I am dying to go back! Hopefully, this new TR of yours will help alleviate the fever a bit. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter