• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Not a bad weekend for me:

40 miles at Sobeys, 95 at Lawtons, and another 95 from Lawtons next week once I hit $95 spent.

Question about PC Plus redeeming for giftcards. If I have $30 in points, can I get a $25 gift card for say Old Navy? Or do I have to redeem in $10 and $20 increments?

So I did end up going to Safeway and got about 235 AM for $100. The cereal that I thought wasn't a good price turned out to be the family size. And the best part was they were the cereal with the free movie coupons on the boxes! So for a $20 spend got 75 am and 4 free movie coupons! Will have to go get more next week.

Ugh. Today was a bust. I didn't make my normal lists, went shopping tired and hungry, and by the time we made it to Sobey's (third store) I was done and just didn't care about airmiles. I tried to do the tea deal, but they didn't have any of the Aurora (which is two of the boxes I wanted) so I decided to pack it in and go home. I might go back this week, or just leave airmiles alone until we get back from out trip in less than two weeks.
Once that is done I will kick into high gear to get my tickets for 2017 :).

Ugh. Today was a bust. I didn't make my normal lists, went shopping tired and hungry, and by the time we made it to Sobey's (third store) I was done and just didn't care about airmiles. I tried to do the tea deal, but they didn't have any of the Aurora (which is two of the boxes I wanted) so I decided to pack it in and go home. I might go back this week, or just leave airmiles alone until we get back from out trip in less than two weeks.
Once that is done I will kick into high gear to get my tickets for 2017 :).
Hugs to you
Going shopping hungry makes me overspend,,,not having my list makes me crazy,,and being tired--well bababa turns ugly.
I tried to get out all day yesterday but had unexpected company to I am headed to Sobeys today.
Hopefully it turns out to be a good shopping trip.
Hugs Mel

Not a bad weekend for me:

40 miles at Sobeys, 95 at Lawtons, and another 95 from Lawtons next week once I hit $95 spent.

Question about PC Plus redeeming for giftcards. If I have $30 in points, can I get a $25 gift card for say Old Navy? Or do I have to redeem in $10 and $20 increments?

You just add the gift card into your grocery purchase and redeem as many points (in $10 increments) as you desire. I quite often buy GCs this way.

Hugs to you
Going shopping hungry makes me overspend,,,not having my list makes me crazy,,and being tired--well bababa turns ugly.
I tried to get out all day yesterday but had unexpected company to I am headed to Sobeys today.
Hopefully it turns out to be a good shopping trip.
Hugs Mel
Thanks Mel. You get it :). It just wasn't going well and Sobeys is only 5 minutes from my house, so I can always go back this week. There was no point pushing it when I was close to tears over tea bags lol.

Popped into Foodland today. There wasn't much on the flyer, but I had personalized coupons and 'Getmyoffers' and the spend $50 earn 5x base AM to be had. My 'savings % was only 11%, but I ended up with 87 AM, plus $2.50 from Checkout 51.
And I decided that I would try for two flights for next year, so I have changed my goal.

Big shopping today
a few things I got
stocked up on regular tea and tea for stockings,,180airmiles
picked up two of the meatball meals 100 airmiles
sunlight dish soap x 2 15+4 19 airmiles
healthy choice frozen lunches 4= 20 airmiles
Billy Bee Honey= 10 airmiles
Our compliments pizza 15 airmiles
spend 100.00 and get 30 airmiles

racked up 425 airmiles.
All in all it was a good shopping day.
Hugs Mel

How does the new multipler deal work? Lets say I spend $20 at old navy, which has a 2x miles. That gives me 1 base and 2 bonus miles. Then, I play and win 5x the miles. What gets multiplied by 5? The 1 or the 2?

On the coupon I used yesterday at Foodland, it was 5X the BASE points, so I imagine it would be the same.

I'm back in the game. Took a couple of weeks off. My DS brought home a stray 19yr old friend who needed some redirection in life. Got him back on a path to potential prosperity so I can focus on my AM hunting again. It's good that things have been slow recently. We really need a good week. Hope things pick up soon.

I'm back in the game. Took a couple of weeks off. My DS brought home a stray 19yr old friend who needed some redirection in life. Got him back on a path to potential prosperity so I can focus on my AM hunting again. It's good that things have been slow recently. We really need a good week. Hope things pick up soon.
oh, we call those "bonus kids" bless your heart! So hard to parent someone else's child and i'm glad you were there for him!

Keep an eye on the first page if you get bogged down since i do my best to have links to coupons there, but you're right, it's been a rather dry spell. I haven't even made the trek to Sobey's because 1 hr roundtrip for less than 100 AM ain't worth it to us!!

So I know you are all saying that the points haven't been great for a few weeks. And you might know that I almost always go big for max points and don't like messing around for small stuff. Let me tell you about my adventure today at Sobeys.
Went for my regular shopping at the Superstore (pc points at 4x on MC) plus they price match. Well Sobeys had a number of well priced items that I wanted to price match. Going around the isles at Superstore they were out or very low on most of the things I wanted to price match. So I figured Sobeys is right across the street, I will swing by and purchase the price match things straight from them.
First thing I notice their buy $20 worth of produce Mon- THurs get a $10 GC is now up to Buying $30 for $10, big increase. Walk around and get the things I need, go to the cash check out. Spent $57.83 and received a grand total of 3AM.WOW.. Look OUT.
Now they know why I head down the street if there is nothing big on. Oh well at least our OJ and ground beef was cheap.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some good Sobeys or Foodland offers.............:dogdance:
OK and I would be Very happy if Metro posted something good.
Hugs Mel

Metro flyer looks like it actually has a couple things with bonuses that are decent, or at least that I will buy :) Though I'm not sure I need 5 yogurt packs (to get 50 AM, $3.49 each so $17.45 for all 5, is that a good exchange? could be). I guess that depends on the expiry dates on them. Applesauce on sale 2/$5.00 and 8 bonus AM, not the best rate but my son loves that stuff and if I send it for lunch he actually eats it.

Hopefully I'll have the Sobeys flyer waiting when I get home tonight :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter