• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Sobeys Ontario doesn't look too wonderful today, on first glance any way. Usual meals, and there is a "buy 4 of these teas, get 60 AM". Rexall has "spend $40 get 40AM" so I imagine the weekly coupon will be better? Isn't it usually spend $30 get 50 or something? Any way! Nothing else I saw but I'm sure someone else may see more.

Sobeys Ontario doesn't look too wonderful today, on first glance any way. Usual meals, and there is a "buy 4 of these teas, get 60 AM". Rexall has "spend $40 get 40AM" so I imagine the weekly coupon will be better? Isn't it usually spend $30 get 50 or something? Any way! Nothing else I saw but I'm sure someone else may see more.
What teas are included? Thanks!

Twinnings 20 pk ($4.49) Red Rose 216 pk ($8.99) Red Rose or Salada 144 pk ($6.99) Lipton Yellow Label 72 or 100 pk ($5.99) Aurora 32g ($3.49)

Twinnings 20 pk ($4.49) Red Rose 216 pk ($8.99) Red Rose or Salada 144 pk ($6.99) Lipton Yellow Label 72 or 100 pk ($5.99) Aurora 32g ($3.49)

Thank-you for posting
I usually buy the specialty ones for xmas stockings ( Twinnings ) and Red Rose is good also. Aurora I am not familiar with.
Tea shopping for me.
Hugs Mel

28717c4dcb74c7b6d25d618c49f75f65.jpg

Thanks. I need some Red Rose for company (I don't drink black tea anymore), and I can use some Twinings. It will depend on if I get over that way this coming week.

I received a BMO MC promo this morning - if I spend 10,000 between Oct. 1 and Nov 30 I can get 4500 bonus points. Ha. Could easily spend it .... paying for it would be the problem!

However I will get some bonus points as our final payment for our room is due before Nov. 30th and I have some work travel to put on there during that time, so I will be putting more than usual through the card. Plus dentist appointments and eye glasses which I get reimbursed for from my benefits. A couple of payments for my daughter's sport. Hmmm....I'm betting I can get up to the $5000 mark easily enough and get the 2000 bonus am.

Safeway flyer doesn't look too great for next week. Bonus on cereals, which I need, but don't like the price I don't see the bonus on milk next week, so will have to grab a couple more today to get the 50 am on those.

I received a BMO MC promo this morning - if I spend 10,000 between Oct. 1 and Nov 30 I can get 4500 bonus points. Ha. Could easily spend it .... paying for it would be the problem!
I got this offer too, but it was per INDIVIDUAL purchase, not accumulative. That would be easy for me for $1000-$2000 in one month. I'm not making at single purchases that large right now. Especially not for 200 miles!

Oops...not sure what I did there but ilovetotravel1977 you are right...just reread the email and its per purchase. Ugh. Why didn't they have this last winter when I put my kitchen cupboards on my cc!!

Well it doesn't look like a big week for me. I can probably get 100 AM at Sobey's. I'll do two of the 25AM meal deals, and the tea (which I actually need). And I will use whatever the coupon is for Rexall on Monday. But that's about it.

Just a heads up for anyone who get's the RedPlum insert in their paper. There is a coupon on the back for Buy Any Red Rose, Lipton, or Salada tea (any size/variety) and get a free 20 count box of the Lipton Pyramid tea. I'm sure dd would like some of the Pyramid tea in her stocking so I'll definitely use this coupon while I am getting my airmiles on the Buy 4 tea get 60 airmiles promo! I wish I could get my hands on a few more of the coupons as they are "One coupon per ITEM purchased" , and I could use 4.

Just a heads up for anyone who get's the RedPlum insert in their paper. There is a coupon on the back for Buy Any Red Rose, Lipton, or Salada tea (any size/variety) and get a free 20 count box of the Lipton Pyramid tea. I'm sure dd would like some of the Pyramid tea in her stocking so I'll definitely use this coupon while I am getting my airmiles on the Buy 4 tea get 60 airmiles promo! I wish I could get my hands on a few more of the coupons as they are "One coupon per ITEM purchased" , and I could use 4.

Could you try "Hi neighbour" ?
I have never heard of RedPlum---just googled it,,looks interesting.
Best wishes finding a few more coupons.
Hugs Mel

Edited to add I just googled pyramid tea bags and they are the ones my youngest son and daughter inlaw love...now I need some coupons too.

Last edited:
Could you try "Hi neighbour" ?
I have never heard of RedPlum---just googled it,,looks interesting.
Best wishes finding a few more coupons.
Hugs Mel
I might ask my friend I walk dogs with if she is using hers.
I never paid attention to the RedPlum insert until I saw it mentioned on a forum, and it turns out I get it. It actually came in the tiny local paper with all the flyers. So you might get it :).

I might ask my friend I walk dogs with if she is using hers.
I never paid attention to the RedPlum insert until I saw it mentioned on a forum, and it turns out I get it. It actually came in the tiny local paper with all the flyers. So you might get it :).

I will call my sister as she gets tons of ads and flyers--me I get No Frills and Canadian Tire--that's it.
Thanks for the suggestion
Hugs Mel

Foodland Ontario ... while this is no "buy 3 get 75 AM" it's enough to make me wish it wasn't over an hour roundtrip!
Spend $25.00 on the following products and get 50 AM (so a 2:1 return)
Haagen Dazs --- $4.99 the tub of ice cream/gelato OR boxed treats
Nescafe coffee --$4.99
Carnation hot chocolate pods for those Kurig-ish machines $8.49 for a box of 12
Parlour Ice Cream & frozen Treats -- $3.99
Drumsticks -- $9.99 for a box of 8
CoffeeMate --$1.99
Carnation Hot Chocolate packets -- $2.99

(It would also give me a real pull at my conscience since they are Nestle products and we are struggling with the whole issue surrounding the amount of water they are bottling in our community. Really shameful that we've been on severe water restrictions this year and yet they are still pumping 3.6 million litres a DAY and paying only $3.71 per MILLION Litre. )

Foodland Ontario ... while this is no "buy 3 get 75 AM" it's enough to make me wish it wasn't over an hour roundtrip!
Spend $25.00 on the following products and get 50 AM (so a 2:1 return)
Haagen Dazs --- $4.99 the tub of ice cream/gelato OR boxed treats
Nescafe coffee --$4.99
Carnation hot chocolate pods for those Kurig-ish machines $8.49 for a box of 12
Parlour Ice Cream & frozen Treats -- $3.99
Drumsticks -- $9.99 for a box of 8
CoffeeMate --$1.99
Carnation Hot Chocolate packets -- $2.99

(It would also give me a real pull at my conscience since they are Nestle products and we are struggling with the whole issue surrounding the amount of water they are bottling in our community. Really shameful that we've been on severe water restrictions this year and yet they are still pumping 3.6 million litres a DAY and paying only $3.71 per MILLION Litre. )
I looked at that one, too. I decided that, since I still have hot chocolate from earlier this year, it was the ice cream. And it would be Drumsticks. And I don't need them. Add all that to my struggle of Nestlé getting our water for pennies and selling it for $$$$$, I won't be buying those. I do have some mailed-to-me coupon deals that I will use this week, though, I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter