Admin Please Close Thread.

I am cancelling my subscription with Siruis XM, I have been paying the year in full for the last few years after negotiating the price. I had to say 6 times in the chat before they would cancel it. I'm going to just stream my spotify playlists in the car instead.
Everyone I know does that instead of listening to the radio or using Siruis XM.

As for me, I'm still living in 2007 with my iPod full of MP3s.

Everyone I know does that instead of listening to the radio or using Siruis XM.

As for me, I'm still living in 2007 with my iPod full of MP3s.
My only option in the car is a cassette player, a 6-disc CD changer in the trunk or the radio :laughing: I basically just listen to the radio.

I used to have one of those cassettes that would allow you to connect your phone to it but it broke some time ago and I've yet to replace it.

Have you guys tried a foot peel? I love them. My favorite is the dr scholl’s ones from target for around $4, I’ve tried a few other more expensive brands from Sephora and Ulta but they didn’t work as well as the $4 one. They are a little sock that you wear for an hour with a mild acid in it, after a few days all the dead skin peels off and leaves beautiful feet behind. I like the forced hour break to relax while the socks are doing their job!!
How rough are your feet? I have super high arches so I have really only three points where my feet touch the ground so my calluses are bad. I may try this

off to look at Met Gala pics

Funny story about going grey or gray or however it's spelled....

I have been coloring my hair for many, many years and I have known for quite some time that I would be gray if not coloring my hair. Well, in June 2021 I was diagnosed with breast cancer but wouldn't be starting chemo until Sept due to several factors. I was NOT going to waste any more money on haircuts or colors because those golden strands' days were numbered. In Sept, all my hair fell out and I was wearing a beanie most of the time and got so used to having no hair that I started to panic when lo and behold I had sprouts again in June of 2022. Of course, I was now silver.....except, for reasons only known to a divine creator with a sly sense of humor. the lower half of the back of my head was now dark brown??? Huh? And....my hair was too short to get it colored for a few months so I had a very interesting....."look" until my sprouts became seedlings. I was resigned to going silver as it seemed like the perfect occasion to do so BUT I decided if I was going to spend $$ money to color my hair silver, I might as well go back to being brown with blond highlights.

So...I guess it was nature's way of telling me it wasn't quite time for me to be a silver goddess.....just yet. :p
My sister had hair that wouldn’t hold a curl no matter what you did. Went through cancer, turned into a curly top.

Spotify has so much content it's my go to for music.

I have Amazon Music through Prime and it doesn't IMO hold a candle to Spotify. Neither does Pandora.
I loved my year in review from Spotify. My kids wouldn’t care if I got rid of all the tv and streaming, but if I canceled our Spotify family plan they would revolt 🤪

How rough are your feet? I have super high arches so I have really only three points where my feet touch the ground so my calluses are bad. I may try this

off to look at Met Gala pics
Mine aren’t rough but I wear a lot of sandals living in FL so it keeps them looking good. I do a peel about every three months.

I loved my year in review from Spotify. My kids wouldn’t care if I got rid of all the tv and streaming, but if I canceled our Spotify family plan they would revolt 🤪
lol that's funny!

Last year I convinced my husband to get us a 2-person plan (we were getting a 1 person plan for free with his Verizon account IIRC) because we kept wanting to use it at the same time and the only time we could do that is when flying with airplane modes (neither of us wanted to use airplane mode as a norm at home).

He'd be in the office while I'm working out or doing something around the house and all of a sudden my song would change! It was him hijacking the spotify account! He tried out iTunes for a while but then gave up and so when I suggested the 2 person account he ended up being surprisingly on board.

I love having the 2 person account, he has his playlists and I have mine and now we don't have to scroll through a long list just to find our particular ones.

lol that's funny!

Last year I convinced my husband to get us a 2-person plan (we were getting a 1 person plan for free with his Verizon account IIRC) because we kept wanting to use it at the same time and the only time we could do that is when flying with airplane modes (neither of us wanted to use airplane mode as a norm at home).

He'd be in the office while I'm working out or doing something around the house and all of a sudden my song would change! It was him hijacking the spotify account! He tried out iTunes for a while but then gave up and so when I suggested the 2 person account he ended up being surprisingly on board.

I love having the 2 person account, he has his playlists and I have mine and now we don't have to scroll through a long list just to find our particular ones.
As a work around for not putting your phone on airplane mode to use app and stuff without the internet, set the app to not use cellular data. You can turn off your wi-fi and use the app all you want because it’s blocked from using cellular data but you can still get all your calls and texts. I do this when I play the water sort, no add for me 😜 it always makes me laugh when it offers me to buy the app to get rid of ads. It only works on apps that don’t require internet to function.

As a work around for not putting your phone on airplane mode to use app and stuff without the internet, set the app to not use cellular data. You can turn off your wi-fi and use the app all you want because it’s blocked from using cellular data but you can still get all your calls and texts. I do this when I play the water sort, no add for me 😜 it always makes me laugh when it offers me to buy the app to get rid of ads. It only works on apps that don’t require internet to function.
Wow I had no idea you could do that! That's good to know

We have been a Spotify family for forever, and there would be a revolt if we ever got rid of it. It’s even in my emergency budget.
We tried Spotify after going around in circles with Alexa. Alexa play Beethoven‘s fifth and the first comes up.

i suggested to DD , a years plan would be good Christmas gift for DH. Sooooo for those who think Mom really doesn’t need another throw for the sofa or sweater, maybe Spotify.

OK......so.....I guess I am still a cavewoman. I do not have Sirius, Spotify, Amazon music, Pandora, Alexa, etc. The CLOSEST I come to any of this is.....my DH copies CDs and puts them on an old iPod or now my cellphone and I play them on a speaker in my house. Otherwise, I just listen to FM/AM depending on whether I want music or talk.

And while I am confessing sins, I also do no social media besides the DIS and WDWMagic (do these even count????). No facebook, myspace, twitter, instagram, snapchat, tiktok, ...... I was also the meanie parent and did not allow my DDS to use any social media until they were 18. They were angry with me in high school about it but then later, when DD24 was in college, she admitted she was glad I was strict about that as it kept her out of all the drama in high school.

I am cancelling my subscription with Siruis XM, I have been paying the year in full for the last few years after negotiating the price. I had to say 6 times in the chat before they would cancel it. I'm going to just stream my spotify playlists in the car instead.

They'll send you letters and emails soon offering $6/month for 24 months. In December I cancelled Sirius in my car because my daughter was now going to be using that car and I got a new (used) car for myself (more on that in a minute). I told her she could either pay for Sirius or I would cancel it. She said she never listens to it -- that she has playlists on Pandora and Spotify that she listens to -- so I cancelled it. I didn't have too much trouble cancelling it because we still have it on my husbands car. As soon as I threatened to cancel it on that car as well, the rep cancelled it on my car. And then a week or two later, the "please come back" offers started showing up. I used to cancel all the time when they wouldn't negotiate down to the rate I wanted. A week later when I'd get the "please come back" letter/postcard, I'd sign up again at a better rate than what I was originally asking for. Which leads me to....

I personally prefer Sirius over any of the other streaming services (though I do have some playlists on Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music). My new used car (2020 Palisade...very nicely loaded) doesn't have Sirius on it!!!! I was so disappointed when I realized that (on the drive home after purchasing it). Long story short only the top tier trim package on the 2020 Palisade has Sirius. My car is literally one step below that trim package. I never imagined that I needed to check that before purchasing a fairly new car -- I thought every car had it now (or at least at the price point we paid). Heck, my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan (not nicely loaded) had it! Turns out that for some reason Hyundai chose to not put it on the 2020 Palisade (unless you purchased that top tier trim package). Apparently people complained big time and they corrected that mistake on the 2021 models. So now I have to stream Sirius through Android Auto, and while that's not the end of the world, it isn't nearly as convenient as having it installed in the car. I have no control of the app through steering wheel controls (other than volume) and everything has to be done either through the touch screen in the car (super distracting) or through voice commands. If my cell signal gets weak, the app keeps buffering (regardless of which music app I'm using). And I really don't like the lack of control I have -- no way to easily skip through stations to find something I want to listen to. I'm constantly saying, "Play Road Trip Radio (or whatever station) on Sirius XM". Every day I drive my car I get frustrated with the situation. The *only* advantage is that the Sirius app has more stations than you can get on a radio, so I have access to things I didn't have on my previous cars. I originally said that I still would have purchased the car even if I knew it didn't have Sirius on it, but now I'm not so sure (and I *love* the car!!). It really annoys me *that* much. <sigh> I know, I know...first world problem.... Vent over.

They'll send you letters and emails soon offering $6/month for 24 months. In December I cancelled Sirius in my car because my daughter was now going to be using that car and I got a new (used) car for myself (more on that in a minute). I told her she could either pay for Sirius or I would cancel it. She said she never listens to it -- that she has playlists on Pandora and Spotify that she listens to -- so I cancelled it. I didn't have too much trouble cancelling it because we still have it on my husbands car. As soon as I threatened to cancel it on that car as well, the rep cancelled it on my car. And then a week or two later, the "please come back" offers started showing up. I used to cancel all the time when they wouldn't negotiate down to the rate I wanted. A week later when I'd get the "please come back" letter/postcard, I'd sign up again at a better rate than what I was originally asking for. Which leads me to....

I personally prefer Sirius over any of the other streaming services (though I do have some playlists on Spotify, Pandora, and Amazon Music). My new used car (2020 Palisade...very nicely loaded) doesn't have Sirius on it!!!! I was so disappointed when I realized that (on the drive home after purchasing it). Long story short only the top tier trim package on the 2020 Palisade has Sirius. My car is literally one step below that trim package. I never imagined that I needed to check that before purchasing a fairly new car -- I thought every car had it now (or at least at the price point we paid). Heck, my 2009 Dodge Grand Caravan (not nicely loaded) had it! Turns out that for some reason Hyundai chose to not put it on the 2020 Palisade (unless you purchased that top tier trim package). Apparently people complained big time and they corrected that mistake on the 2021 models. So now I have to stream Sirius through Android Auto, and while that's not the end of the world, it isn't nearly as convenient as having it installed in the car. I have no control of the app through steering wheel controls (other than volume) and everything has to be done either through the touch screen in the car (super distracting) or through voice commands. If my cell signal gets weak, the app keeps buffering (regardless of which music app I'm using). And I really don't like the lack of control I have -- no way to easily skip through stations to find something I want to listen to. I'm constantly saying, "Play Road Trip Radio (or whatever station) on Sirius XM". Every day I drive my car I get frustrated with the situation. The *only* advantage is that the Sirius app has more stations than you can get on a radio, so I have access to things I didn't have on my previous cars. I originally said that I still would have purchased the car even if I knew it didn't have Sirius on it, but now I'm not so sure (and I *love* the car!!). It really annoys me *that* much. <sigh> I know, I know...first world problem.... Vent over.
I definitely get the convenience of having the ability to switch between the stations easily when it’s built in, I may get annoyed too using Spotify the same way in my car. I too am surprised that it wasn’t included in your car entertainment system.

No facebook, myspace, twitter, instagram, snapchat, tiktok, ...
lol I only have FB although years and years ago when I was a kid I had MySpace (is that even still a thing??) I don't have twitter, instagram, snapchat, tiktok, etc although I still get exposed to some of those things but don't have an account nor daily usage of them.

My husband keeps wanting me to get instagram because he'll send me something he saw on FB and I can't view it (at least mobile version of FB) without signing into instagram. I guess maybe one day I'll cave lol.

lol I only have FB although years and years ago when I was a kid I had MySpace (is that even still a thing??) I don't have twitter, instagram, snapchat, tiktok, etc although I still get exposed to some of those things but don't have an account nor daily usage of them.

My husband keeps wanting me to get instagram because he'll send me something he saw on FB and I can't view it (at least mobile version of FB) without signing into instagram. I guess maybe one day I'll cave lol.
I have FB mostly for keeping up with my family back home, and friends from HS. I also found a group for people with my injury after my accident that turned out to be super helpful. I have Instagram so I can follow both my favorite interior designers and watch cute dog content. I have Twitter as I follow WeRateDogs. Don’t judge. :)No Snapchat, TikTok.

I have FB mostly for keeping up with my family back home, and friends from HS. I also found a group for people with my injury after my accident that turned out to be super helpful. I have Instagram so I can follow both my favorite interior designers and watch cute dog content. I have Twitter as I follow WeRateDogs. Don’t judge. :)No Snapchat, TikTok.
That's mostly what I use FB as well..memories (like checking into to places, posting pictures, etc) and keeping up with old classmates and friends. Also it's been great for the cruise we're about to take joining some groups. My husband joined a group for the hotel we stayed at in Mexico which was helpful too giving more up to date feedback and experiences.

FB is also one of the quickest and easiest ways of getting a hold of businesses now go figure lol. Twitter is good for that too.

As far as we rate dogs no judging! I get a laugh and think it's adorable whenever that pops up on my FB newsfeed, I love it :)

I use Facebook and Twitter regularly but man some of the arguments people have on both sites have definitely made me lose some brain cells. I can't stop looking away though!! I don't have Instagram because I hate that site's layout and the less that can be said about TikTok the better.

On Twitter I do follow people that have insider connections to Disney and Universal so it's cool to read what they have to say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter