• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

I saw the pic and they're super cute - the Fab 5 with the "10th Anniversary" banner at the top. I know it's plastic and not a "real" medal, but we're going to run this as a baseline and use the Avengers 5K to track our progress so we can run the Tink 10K in May. I'm not a runner but I figure why not challenge myself to do something out of my comfort zone? I have the one from 2009 somewhere - it's somewhere in a box and I hope to find it when I move :(

I actually usually like the plastic 5K ones better ... the "real" ones may be fancier, but they're not usually as cute!
I think that you're on the right track - this race will give you a great idea of where you are now (or will be soon), hopefully you'll do a little better in November, and a 10K in May is a great goal! Even if you don't end up loving running, it's great that you're challenging yourself to do something - even if you never do it again, it's great to know that you can do it once!

I now
Here is my fridge for the week. I like organizing and making as many things ahead as I can. I just did up a bunch of celery with almond butter and raisins....all measured for exact calories! I've also tried switching most things to glass containers. It looks prettier....and makes eating more of a delight!

I now officially have fridge envy!

Nice fridge! I love looking at organized things! Unfortunately I live with 8 other people who, well, could care less about things being neat and organized, so it's an uphill fight here! LOL!
My woohoo? When we joined a gym last summer, we went through their testing to get a starting point for our fitness levels. My weight/percent body fat/etc. weren't terrible, but they told me my resting heart rate was really high, like high 70s/low 80s. We worked out several times a week at the gym for a few months before we moved, but I didn't see much improvement, maybe down to low 70s at best. Well, I've been doing at least 30 minutes of cardio daily for 2 full months now, maybe missing 2-3 days during that whole time period. Out of curiosity I pulled out our pulse oximeter (we own one since we have a couple kids with asthma) a few days ago and my resting heart rate is now consistently in the low 50s. So apparently I've hopefully made my heart more efficient and healthier over the last 2 months. I'll take it! :)

JacknSally, I totally giggled when I read about your fiance cutting out table shapes, etc. for you to plan your reception! I totally do the same thing! I have a "map" on a wall made of pieces of graph paper taped together with all my garden plans on it--cut outs of circles to represent trees, rectangles to scale for planting beds, etc. I made the graph paper background after painstakingly measuring out my whole backyard with a measuring tape, lol. The porch, retaining wall, existing shed--all drawn in on it precisely to scale. I did the same thing when we bought this house to figure out where I was going to put furniture and to plan out my craft room/office. My Dh thinks I'm nuts, lol!

I need to come up with a visual for my fitness goals. I haven't done that yet. I did go through my closet yesterday and try on a bunch of pants, etc. and made a donate pile of all the stuff that was too big. That was a nice visual, lol! I need to think of something I can put together and place in a prominent place where I'll see it for motivation, though. That's a great idea!

:wave:

Morning, everyone! Happy Thursday to you! I hope everyone is having a successful week full of progress!

We had a huge storm come through last night and it is a wonderful 71 degrees here right now!! It's cool and breezy and I love it. Of course, it should be 98 and humid again by Saturday, but boy am I going to enjoy this while I can. Wish I could have called in to work today haha! To make things better, I got an email from Bath & Body Works that their fall items are in now! That's where I'll be this weekend, if anyone is looking for me, LOL. The cool weather, plus fall scents, plus our tax-free weekend this weekend, plus all the stores putting summer on clearance, has me ITCHING for the fall to get here! I'll be pulling all of my indoor fall decorations down from the attic this weekend to help encourage it along. SO, in the spirit of my impatience, today's QOTD will be light and fun!

QOTD for Thursday, August 6, 2015:
What are your favorite things about autumn, and why?

i-love-fall-4.jpg

Personally, I love the colors of the leaves; I love the crisp, cool air; I love the apple, pumpkin, and cinnamon scents; I LOVE the clothes - leggings, cozy sweaters, boots, cute dresses, light scarves; I love Halloween; I love chai lattes (I think pumpkin spice lattes are gross - sorry! - but I'll take any excuse to drink a chai latte, and I can't do that when it's 100 degrees outside!); I love s'mores; I love the decorations - wreaths, pumpkins...

I JUST LOVE FALL!

In Southern California we only get two seasons: Hot Summer (August - September) and Not-So-Hot Summer (October - July). The leaves fall off the trees only when the Santa Ana winds blow them off -- haha! But I adore this time of year for many reasons. My birthday is in mid-September so it becomes my birthday month and I get to celebrate for four weeks of fun. The breeze feels nice on your skin and the colors of the leaves in the trees are beautiful. Plus Halloween! It's my favorite holiday and I am so excited to decorate for it this year! :)

I haven't been in school for years but September always feels more like the start of the year to me than January. I love the return of cooler weather (heat/humidity are the bane of my existence), all of the apples and winter squashes at the farmer's market, and pumpkin/cinnamon/spice everything. I like buying new notebooks and pens and clothes. I like that my hair stops looking like a frizz fest. And I like big bowls of candy.

But most of all, I love the light. I'm a not-very-good hobbyist photographer and the long soft sight of autumn makes everything so much prettier. It just gives the world a glow.

Fall is hands-down my favorite season! I love the scents, the colors, decorating, etc. I especially love the cooler temps! I'm going to be hard-pressed not to miss living in NY once we get into September and October--up there we'd have colorful leaves, and crisp mornings and evenings that made us turn on the heater by October 1st. Here it won't cool off until November. Forget about sweaters and boots much before Christmas, lol! But we'll make the best of it! I'll still pull out all my fall decor, and all my yummy fall-scented Yankee candles, bake pumpkin-y things, etc. and we'll just pretend it's cool and crisp outside. :)

(It's 104 degrees here today. Sigh.)

I love Fall too! My birthday is in October, which is great. I usually go to Disney in October (not this year though). I love burning fall candles and scentsies, wearing comfy long pants, and the cool air. Oh and football season!! I've been itching for fall for a couple weeks now. I'm done with the heat and the sunburns.

Sweaters.
I tend to run cold and will wear long sleeves in the summer (seriously ... we had at least 7-8 days of 90 degree weather in July and I broke out the short sleeves once, and that was when I was running low on clothing between laundry days). So as soon as it becomes socially acceptable for me to wear sweaters, then I'll wear sweaters!

Also ... baseball playoffs. Some years. Depends on what level of breaking my heart the Yankees are working on in a given year.

In Southern California we only get two seasons: Hot Summer (August - September) and Not-So-Hot Summer (October - July). The leaves fall off the trees only when the Santa Ana winds blow them off -- haha! But I adore this time of year for many reasons. My birthday is in mid-September so it becomes my birthday month and I get to celebrate for four weeks of fun. The breeze feels nice on your skin and the colors of the leaves in the trees are beautiful. Plus Halloween! It's my favorite holiday and I am so excited to decorate for it this year! :)

Well, I officially cannot live in Southern California! Haha. DH2B will be heartbroken - he wants to move to Cali - but I can't give up fall! I already don't get enough of it as it is. LOL

Here it won't cool off until November. Forget about sweaters and boots much before Christmas, lol!

OH MAN, do I feel your pain! The last 2 Christmasses, if not the last 3, have been shorts and t-shirts weather. :( February and March are downright frigid, of course, but not Christmas! It's so sad!

Also ... baseball playoffs. Some years. Depends on what level of breaking my heart the Yankees are working on in a given year.

:rotfl: I'm a Braves fan. My heart has been shattered for a few years now. To make it worse, DH2B is a Cards fan. :rotfl:

Just ordered our costumes for MNSSHP! Can't wait to get them in. Hopefully they fit! We're going to be pirates - boring, I know, but DH2B is NOT a dresser-upper, so I didn't want to push it, haha. I'm running out of ways to keep procrastinating all the wedding crafts I need to do, though! This weekend I have to bite the bullet and really get started on some of this stuff :rotfl: DIY and crafting sounded like SUCH a good idea a year ago!

DIY and crafting sounded like SUCH a good idea a year ago!

It is a good idea ... as long as someone else is doing it :rotfl:
I always say I want to do things myself and try DIY crafts and stuff like that ... and then give up when it comes time to actually do it. So I totally get why you're procrastinating.

It is a good idea ... as long as someone else is doing it :rotfl:
I always say I want to do things myself and try DIY crafts and stuff like that ... and then give up when it comes time to actually do it. So I totally get why you're procrastinating.

I LOVE crafting. LOVE it. I just don't love it as much when it's stressful, and on a budget, and there's a deadline... lol. Halloween and Christmas decorations? I craft night and day! Other people's parties and weddings? Sign me up! My own wedding, though... Totally regretting this plan. I need some handy crafting elves to help me out. I'll just leave everything on the table and go to bed and it'll be done when I wake up! Right?

So... you know how we mentioned decorating for Fall and Halloween decorations? Disneyland put out their Halloween decorations while we were at the park tonight and I snagged this little guy for my desk at work. (The decorations are adorable this year!)

t1psWLP.jpg

Fall is my favorite season!! I love the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet. In SC it does not last long enough. It seems to stay hot then a few days of awesome right into Cold.

Nice fridge! I love looking at organized things! Unfortunately I live with 8 other people who, well, could care less about things being neat and organized, so it's an uphill fight here! LOL!
My woohoo? When we joined a gym last summer, we went through their testing to get a starting point for our fitness levels. My weight/percent body fat/etc. weren't terrible, but they told me my resting heart rate was really high, like high 70s/low 80s. We worked out several times a week at the gym for a few months before we moved, but I didn't see much improvement, maybe down to low 70s at best. Well, I've been doing at least 30 minutes of cardio daily for 2 full months now, maybe missing 2-3 days during that whole time period. Out of curiosity I pulled out our pulse oximeter (we own one since we have a couple kids with asthma) a few days ago and my resting heart rate is now consistently in the low 50s. So apparently I've hopefully made my heart more efficient and healthier over the last 2 months. I'll take it! :)
Wow! Congrats! I just joined the gym this week...been two times. Next week I'll go three times. Then we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter