ABCs of Trip Reporting, Pt. 2-Life Can Be Crappy and Then You Move On (3/7)

I have decided I am going to do a LIVE Trip Report for this upcoming trip! We all know it takes me FOREVER to do a real one...so I am going to try this for this trip! :)

We leave tomorrow (Friday the 11th) and will be in the parks on Sunday through Friday.

My plan (and this is the first time I have attempted this!) is to have simultaneous updates on my Twitter account and FB account.

I have an iPhone app that will let me upload a picture and short status at one time to both. These will show up as a short comment and a link to a picture. Unfortunately, you will have to click on the link to the picture - even on the FB statuses.

At the end of each day, I hope to upload all of the pics from that day to my FB (album called Disney Spring Break 2011) so that you can see them all without clicking a bunch of links.

Of course, I will be taking more "real" pictures with the camera and such that I will post later on some sort of TR, too!

If you want to follow my Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/maroo268

If you want to follow my FB: http://www.facebook.com/maroo - Please, on all friend requests, put your user name so that I know who I am friending. :)

We are hoping to have a great time!! :)

I'm here and ready for round two!

yippee, Katharina's here and accounted for! Are you ready for Paris?? Packed yet?

Oh, I saw your new thread just when it went up and then saw your note about giving you time for you to grab the next posts for your TOC... So I waited and refreshed the page for a few times until you got your TOC in before I posted (all this from my Iphone...). It felt like seeing a Glenn update and trying to get in the first Judy count! :goodvibes

I'll bet it was simply the most exciting part of your day. Well, that or having an outburst in your courtroom. Both could be right on par with one another. :lmao:

And as a service to your other guests I did refrain from replying again on the first page to leave more spots open for others...

You are MUCH kinder than me. :lmao::lmao: Whose thread was it recently that I was flamed for "hogging" up page one?? And now looky, I get the same on my own space. :rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG, you're killing me!! :lmao:

But, one thing I was wondering: Why do you keep your TOC always so short? Mine still works and I must have over 40 links in it already...

I guess to keep it looking tidy?? I dunno, maybe to keep the readers from being overwhelmed? :confused3 I had ideas as first to use one section per run through the alphabet---- that didnt' work so well...

I loved your introduction, but the text above confused me a bit... Kind How could you have been filling a whole thread of TR if you just returned last month... ;)

OK, so you caught me cutting and pasting. <hangs head in the cone of shame>

Ok, maybe not. :headache:

Welcome to the NON CABBAGE club! Magdalene we have two more! :banana:

Leisa,
Wow this is thread is moving fast! I'm here!
:)

I think it's an overwheming majority on the NON club. 'Tis ok. We know a good thing when we have it. :rolleyes1

Moving right along- always some fun here.

I'm here too!

Vanessa! You made it!! Glad you're here with us!

It's great! Warm, welcoming, and no hideous wallpaper. :rotfl:

Every time somebody brings up cabbage, it reminds me of an old faux commercial that starred a basketball player (I believe from Lithuania). He was unveiling his new line of colognes. The spokesman took a whiff and asked in surprise, "Is that...cabbage?"

The player says, "Yeah...chicks dig it." :lmao::rotfl2:

That old wallpaper HAS to go!! But hey, look at it this way.... those annoying birds will make you feel like you are in Disney where annoying birds are everywhere trying to steal your food. :lmao:

I remember that! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was it the old Blazer player?? Arvydas Sibonas?? He was great! But then again, anyone in the PRO camp is great. :yes:

heard there was a part 2, i sniffed my way around and found where the cabbage smell was.
:banana:

how long will cabbage last in the fridge?

can i get mine tonight for next thursday beef and cabbage?

You and Candi wanna join us for our annual one pot dinner? I have some purple in the fridge right now, but that's going into tonight's dinner. :goodvibes Sauteed with vinegar.

We are hoping to have a great time!! :)

You're going to have a stupendous time!! Lauren isn't wearing makeup this time; what could go wrong?!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually, as per our conversation yesterday, I'm a bit nervous for this trip.

No plan+ Spring Break = (maybe) Disaster

I am either at the bottom of page 3 or the top of page 4. What the heck!
but i am at the top of the LAST page on your other thread.:lmao:

Here, for the fun, chatter, and general awesomeness this trip is.

KIM

p.s. i like cabbage. ;)

You're going to have a stupendous time!! Lauren isn't wearing makeup this time; what could go wrong?!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Actually, as per our conversation yesterday, I'm a bit nervous for this trip.

No plan+ Spring Break = (maybe) Disaster

Well...yeah.

Crowd scores...for our current plans are as follows...

Sunday - MK - 8.6 out of 10
Monday - AK - 8.9 out of 10
Tues - EP - 8.7 out of 10
Wed - ?? Prob part MK (9.0) and park AK (9.1)
Thurs - DHS - 5.3 - YEP!!! FIVE point 3! :)
Fri - DHS - with a whooping score of 5.0!! :)

The average crowd scores for our days for the parks are as follows...
MK - 9.35 (good grief!!)
EP - 8.8
DHS - 8.0
AK - 9.1 :-)faint:)

So...we are trying to hit the parks when the crowd scores are the lowest?

I sorta have a plan.

It will all go out the window with this crew anyway. :laughing:

I remember that! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was it the old Blazer player?? Arvydas Sibonas?? He was great! But then again, anyone in the PRO camp is great. :yes:

I looked it up. It was Gheorghe Muresan of the Washington Bullets. And he was Romanian.

You and Candi wanna join us for our annual one pot dinner? I have some purple in the fridge right now, but that's going into tonight's dinner. :goodvibes Sauteed with vinegar.

that depends do i have to fly across the country for it?
:laughing:

she doesnt really like it all cooked like that, so i make a special version of corned beef for her that is actually a little better than the traditional...for most. along with the traditional as well.

get your corned beef and bake it in the oven with the seasoning package on the top side/fat side up.

with about a half inch or so of water in it.

i usually bake about 3 or 3 1/2 hours.

when done take out, trim off the top thin layer of fat or any fat that is in the way.

fire up the grill.

lather cooked meat with choice of bbq sauce (i use my own homemade which i have to say is some of the best around:thumbsup2)

keep applying bbq sauce every time you turn it and make sure to get some good crispys on it.

about 15 minutes total of flipping back and forth.

slice thinly and enjoy

we usuallyeat a whole package of the meat between the two of us it is so good and tasty.

Still playing catch up! I saw a Jordan sighting, was touched by bakers character breakfast, am intrigued by the additional magic heading his way, loved the christmas fun of gingerbread houses, cookie baking, the regency ball, and of course your epcot adventures.

Thanks also to everybody who had such nice things to say after my barely literate ;) announcement of my transplant. For those not on my thread....a brief update is that last Thursday I had to have some "repair work" done. A tube connecting the kidney to the bladder had "sprung a leak" and they had to go back in and fix it. The good news is that my labs Tuesday were all good. Some are even in the normal ranges in a normal person, the rest are all heading in the right direction. So thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes and if you could spare one more, could you please think of the family of the man whose kidney I am now using. What I know is he was from the Chicago area and younger than me. And I know when he was lost his family put aside their grief long enough to pass along this great gift to me and however other many people.

Still Catching up on other threads but hope to be back on track soon!

Corned Beef and Cabbage... No Thank you

Cole Slaw... Yes please

Sauerkraut Yes please.

My Mother always made Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick's Day, it smelled really bad. ;)

This year for St. Patrick's Day I am making potato soup and Reuben Sandwiches. But I do wonder, do the Irish people eat Reuben Sandwiches?:confused3

Your R&C update was lovely, sorry your drink lacked a certain KICK! On our most recent trip we ate there and DD, DH and DS all ordered the Bangers and Mash, they loved it. I enjoyed the vegetable shepherd's pie. Yummy!

Can't wait to see which way the Lassie went...

Maroo, I am trying not to be green with envy about your upcoming trip:sick:. Hope you have a great time! But I do want to read more about Baker and his family's trip.

I have some bad news, and some FANTASTARONI news....

The bad news is that we have reached the "danger zone" of going over our internet time. We will have to be very, very wise, and very disciplined about only using our remaining small amount of time to check e-mail, and for Mike to keep applying for jobs. Sooooooooooooooo, unless I get out to Starbucks (not likely as we really don't even have the means to get a coffee - thank goodness my wonderful hubby replaced the espresso machine pump and we can do it at home), or the library, I won't be on much until the 16th. BOOOOO!

But, the most amazing thing happened to me today. I hear a knock at the door, and one of our neighbors hands me a package. Huh???? I wasn't expecting anything!!

I open it up, and

OMGosh!!! It's a NEW CAMERA!!!!!

You all know ours broke a couple of months ago, and I've been wishing for one ever since.

It's a really cool little POS Cannon 3100? Which will totally tide me over with its over 12 pixels until I can get that DLSR that I lust over in everyone else's TRs. You know who you are!

I THINK, although I'm totally not even sure, that it was sent by a former financial supporter who wanted to thank me for sending some video (well, I now know which camera I'm going to use to do it with!) for a donor banquet she is putting together. Honestly, I don't even know if she wants it back, or it's a permanent gift, or?, or? or? It was just so unexpected and ODD that it even came to the door!!

So, in short, you may see less of me over the next few days, BUT, you can be assured (if it's really for keeps) of more great pix- think

PNW DISMEET!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I scoped out a few wineries today as recon for our ladies' time!

Ladies~ they are BEAUTIFUL!! Rolling, green hills with neatly trimmed vines, amazing tasting rooms, it's just going to be so lovely!!! I can't wait!!!!

My camera (I hope!) is ready! Is yours??!!!

A whole new thread! Exciting stuff!

(I also like cabbage. In moderation.)

Ahhh, yes. Moderation... IN ALL THINGS!! :thumbsup2

Well...yeah.

Crowd scores...for our current plans are as follows...

Sunday - MK - 8.6 out of 10
Monday - AK - 8.9 out of 10
Tues - EP - 8.7 out of 10
Wed - ?? Prob part MK (9.0) and park AK (9.1)
Thurs - DHS - 5.3 - YEP!!! FIVE point 3! :)
Fri - DHS - with a whooping score of 5.0!! :)

The average crowd scores for our days for the parks are as follows...
MK - 9.35 (good grief!!)
EP - 8.8
DHS - 8.0
AK - 9.1 :-)faint:)

So...we are trying to hit the parks when the crowd scores are the lowest?

I sorta have a plan.

It will all go out the window with this crew anyway. :laughing:
:

:faint: We did Spring Break, 2008- it's doable, just be savvy and use your DISers tips. ;)

I looked it up. It was Gheorghe Muresan of the Washington Bullets. And he was Romanian.

Gotcha!! Good research!

that depends do i have to fly across the country for it?
:laughing:

she doesnt really like it all cooked like that, so i make a special version of corned beef for her that is actually a little better than the traditional...for most. along with the traditional as well.

get your corned beef and bake it in the oven with the seasoning package on the top side/fat side up.

with about a half inch or so of water in it.

i usually bake about 3 or 3 1/2 hours.

when done take out, trim off the top thin layer of fat or any fat that is in the way.

fire up the grill.

lather cooked meat with choice of bbq sauce (i use my own homemade which i have to say is some of the best around:thumbsup2)

keep applying bbq sauce every time you turn it and make sure to get some good crispys on it.

about 15 minutes total of flipping back and forth.

slice thinly and enjoy

we usuallyeat a whole package of the meat between the two of us it is so good and tasty.

Grilled with sauce- who'da thunk it!?

Sounds delish- and what a guy---- two batches of cabbage to please the lady! You are nice!

Still playing catch up! I saw a Jordan sighting, was touched by bakers character breakfast, am intrigued by the additional magic heading his way, loved the christmas fun of gingerbread houses, cookie baking, the regency ball, and of course your epcot adventures.

Thanks also to everybody who had such nice things to say after my barely literate ;) announcement of my transplant. For those not on my thread....a brief update is that last Thursday I had to have some "repair work" done. A tube connecting the kidney to the bladder had "sprung a leak" and they had to go back in and fix it. The good news is that my labs Tuesday were all good. Some are even in the normal ranges in a normal person, the rest are all heading in the right direction. So thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes and if you could spare one more, could you please think of the family of the man whose kidney I am now using. What I know is he was from the Chicago area and younger than me. And I know when he was lost his family put aside their grief long enough to pass along this great gift to me and however other many people.

Still Catching up on other threads but hope to be back on track soon!

I am still so touched by your story, Tanya!! What a gift!! I have another transplant story...

The same day you got yours, a friend of my FIL got one. The completely ironic thing is that the donor that matched best- even better than his own twin, was his adopted son from Korea who had been married only a month when they transplanted!!!!! Can you believe it??!!! ADOPTED!!

Corned Beef and Cabbage... No Thank you

Cole Slaw... Yes please

Sauerkraut Yes please.

My Mother always made Corned Beef and Cabbage for St Patrick's Day, it smelled really bad. ;)

This year for St. Patrick's Day I am making potato soup and Reuben Sandwiches. But I do wonder, do the Irish people eat Reuben Sandwiches?:confused3

Your R&C update was lovely, sorry your drink lacked a certain KICK! On our most recent trip we ate there and DD, DH and DS all ordered the Bangers and Mash, they loved it. I enjoyed the vegetable shepherd's pie. Yummy!

Can't wait to see which way the Lassie went...

Maroo, I am trying not to be green with envy about your upcoming trip:sick:. Hope you have a great time! But I do want to read more about Baker and his family's trip.

I wish I had more time to welcome you and comment!! I think I actually like your menu even better. We LOVE potato soup!! And kraut trumps boiled cabbage anyday!! :thumbsup2

While I am in hiatus, I will write up my next update, and post it at the soonest opp. I get!! Promise!

What a fun blessing!!! I will have to remember my camera - I seem to always be the mom who forgets the camera, has a dead battery, or forgot the memory card. I will try to be on it this time for sure!!!! Who is coming to our meet? so excited!!!:yay:

Checking in on page 4.

POS camera - I assume not the POS that was your other camera. :rotfl2:

I am sorry you are at your internet limit until the 16th. But that will give a chanc eto stay caught up for more than a minute. :lmao:

What a fun blessing!!! I will have to remember my camera - I seem to always be the mom who forgets the camera, has a dead battery, or forgot the memory card. I will try to be on it this time for sure!!!! Who is coming to our meet? so excited!!!:yay:

that's exactly me!! I can't even count how many times I've had AT LEAST one of those malfunctions!

Checking in on page 4.

POS camera - I assume not the POS that was your other camera. :rotfl2:

I am sorry you are at your internet limit until the 16th. But that will give a chanc eto stay caught up for more than a minute. :lmao:

Nope, an entirely different one. :lmao:

I'll still be around, just much less until then... You can't get rid of me THAT easily! :rotfl2:

That is so awesome about the camera! What a cool surprise!

And thank goodness the 16th is only a few days away...

Okay...it just goes to show how OUT OF THE LOOP I've been lately. I went to go to your "chapter" updates and then didn't read any of the chatter after. I responded to your previous Report on your last chapter and THEN I find out you've started the second series (hello...just like our friend, Glen).

But I'm here now and WILL NOT get behind again. I WILL NOT GET BEHIND AGAIN!

I'm here (although on page 4 ick!) but I was thinking about you today Liesa after hearing all about the west coast maybe getting hit with waves from the tsunami that happened in Japan. I'm assuming all is okay because I'm sure you would've mentioned it by now!

Sorry to hear you won't be around much. BOO to limited internet. What century are we in again???? Sheesh

I'm here! I think page 4 is actually pretty good. Last time I think I made by 154. :laughing:

Your new camera sounds awesome! :cool1: You'll have to go back to Disney to break it in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter