ABCs of Trip Reporting, Pt. 2-Life Can Be Crappy and Then You Move On (3/7)

Hey, look at this shiny new thread. Love what you've done with the place!

What's that smell? Is that... cabbage?

I'm here! Because I wanted to let you have the last word on your own thread at the bottom of Page 250 - I'll post my late comments here:

1. Please sign me up for the non-cabbage club - of course that is saying that cole slaw doesn't count. I like cole slaw that has a good dressing (not bland).

2. There are reasons lots of ladies don't like cabbage. I'm sure I don't need to spell it out.

3. I believe there is alot of Kim Chee smelling around in Okinawa, too. At least you think so. It is hard to tell whether it is the open sewer running under the sidewalk or the fragrance of tonight's dinner as you walk around.

4. Hmmm R&C sounds so inviting, but I have to admit, your Bangers and Mash just doesn't make me hungry. I would probably go for the Fish and Chips with vinegar on it, but not if it is so greasy:confused3

5. Not a huge breakfast eater, so I think your B&B for me would have been the marmalade on whatever bread or muffin they had.

7. Sorry your drink was lacking - not much of a dragon, huh? I'm not sure what else they could bring you to add to that - if it was already too sweet - the schnapps was the only thing with any kick to it.

Wow, I'm tired now - I don't usually have quite as much to say! I'm really looking forward to our meet!!! Jim put brand new tires on my van so I'm ready to speed right up there - (okay, not too much speed) Can't wait to see you! I will call you soon for more details! I'm just crazy busy lately, but it sounds like you are, too!

Reporting for duty. I know that is probably not a safe thing to say around here. Especially with all the cabbage talk.

Ya'll are crackin' me up! But I have to get dinner on, eaten, cookies made and a "welcome wagon" visit to our brand new neighbors. I hear tell he's an Oregon State Policeman- that's great! He can keep an eye on our neighborhood dealers that hang out at the State Park that runs along the river.

Anywhooooo, back with replies later this evening :)

Woo Hoo!!!

Page 2! :)

(ok, that rhymes.)

So...lurkers...now is a great time to join in - while you really haven't missed anything, right?

But the quick version of our introductions is:

From left to right: LeeAnn ,extraordinary mom of 5, wife to a pastor, elected school board member of the 2nd largest district in Oregon, and all-around busy lady- beautiful in every way; Mary (Maroo to most of us), angel in DISguise who pours her life out over and over every day, lover of life, servant to the core. Me, Liesa, mom to 5 amazing kids, wife to an all-around great guy, missionary in Central Asia until last month for 10 years, and instigator of the trip.

"servant to the core" might be the nicest thing anyone has said about me. :hug::hug::hug:

What is up with the fact that you guys each have 5 kids and I have one dog??? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

In all seriousness...I owe you guys an update...and I am honestly not going to be able to do one for a bit...Because I am leaving for DISNEY in less than 48 hours!!!! Woo Hoo!

If you want to follow LIVE - feel free to sign on my twitter account - www.twitter.com/maroo268. I am also going to try to link my Facebook, too, for any of my FB friends out there - but I am planning to make them the same exact updates - probably just a quick note of where we are and a picture attached.

And when I get back - I can concentrate on this TR again! :faint:

And for the record...

I know you will all be surprised...:rolleyes1

I don't like cabbage. ;)

You little sneak! Do you like cabbage?

No cabbage for me. The only cabbage I will eat is in egg rolls? Right there is cabbage in there??? I would rather not know.

Growing up we had this little place at the beach I loved until we went in there to eat on St. Patrick's day P.U. Corned beef and cabbage. Blech

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

If it were cabbage, there'd be no doubt whatsoever!

So whatcha think?? Like the new pad?

I'm here! Because I wanted to let you have the last word on your own thread at the bottom of Page 250 - I'll post my late comments here:

Looks like I'll have to go back one more time for that!! :lmao:

You're NEVER late with comments!

1. Please sign me up for the non-cabbage club - of course that is saying that cole slaw doesn't count. I like cole slaw that has a good dressing (not bland).

Ooooh, YES! Cole is GREAT! Reminds me I've not made that for a very long time. I always make mine with pineapple and a bit of celery seed.

2. There are reasons lots of ladies don't like cabbage. I'm sure I don't need to spell it out.

The only reason I can think of, is that we have to cook it? :confused3;)

3. I believe there is alot of Kim Chee smelling around in Okinawa, too. At least you think so. It is hard to tell whether it is the open sewer running under the sidewalk or the fragrance of tonight's dinner as you walk around.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Kind of like the rats running around Bangkok- vermin or dinner??

4. Hmmm R&C sounds so inviting, but I have to admit, your Bangers and Mash just doesn't make me hungry. I would probably go for the Fish and Chips with vinegar on it, but not if it is so greasy:confused3

They used to serve them with newspaper to soak up the grease, but sadly no more. :sad2:

5. Not a huge breakfast eater, so I think your B&B for me would have been the marmalade on whatever bread or muffin they had.

I can be ONLY if it's a BIG one worth eating- around 10:30.

7. Sorry your drink was lacking - not much of a dragon, huh? I'm not sure what else they could bring you to add to that - if it was already too sweet - the schnapps was the only thing with any kick to it.

Hmmm.... not sure what happened to #6---- I think you must really BE tired! :lmao:

Definitely needed a bit more "fire in its breath"! I could of about a dozen ANYTHINGS that might have made it better- all of them distilled.

Wow, I'm tired now - I don't usually have quite as much to say! I'm really looking forward to our meet!!! Jim put brand new tires on my van so I'm ready to speed right up there - (okay, not too much speed) Can't wait to see you! I will call you soon for more details! I'm just crazy busy lately, but it sounds like you are, too!

Yes, that was quite a the chatty business you just undertook! Good for you!

Tammie! I sure am too!! I am going to start calling some wineries up the street tomorrow to see what I can find out! NO! Please don't get a ticket on your way- although, that would certainly make some hilarious TR fodder. :laughing: I am incredibly busy- this week was nutso. Tomorrow even more so! IEP meeting, Dr. appt., English dancing, etc...

Present and accounted for!

YAY!!! MEK is here!!

Well if you or somebody would quit goofing around and get the right answer........ :rolleyes1

Almost positive I've finally got it!! :banana::banana::banana:

Reporting for duty. I know that is probably not a safe thing to say around here. Especially with all the cabbage talk.

Ahhhh, someone who knows the ins and outs of of the company around here! So glad you're here!

Woo Hoo!!!

Page 2! :)

(ok, that rhymes.)

Oh, that was sweet!! Very good!

So...lurkers...now is a great time to join in - while you really haven't missed anything, right?

VERY good point! :thumbsup2

"servant to the core" might be the nicest thing anyone has said about me. :hug::hug::hug:

:hug: You are, and you know it!

What is up with the fact that you guys each have 5 kids and I have one dog??? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: There are days I'd trade them all for as many dogs. :lmao:

In all seriousness...I owe you guys an update...and I am honestly not going to be able to do one for a bit...Because I am leaving for DISNEY in less than 48 hours!!!! Woo Hoo!

And when I get back - I can concentrate on this TR again! :faint:

We'll be patient!! I'm going to camp on the rest of my day for a spell, so no worries.

And for the record...

I don't like cabbage. ;)

:faint: !!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

No cabbage for me. The only cabbage I will eat is in egg rolls? Right there is cabbage in there??? I would rather not know.

Growing up we had this little place at the beach I loved until we went in there to eat on St. Patrick's day P.U. Corned beef and cabbage. Blech

Yes, there happens to be cabbage in egg rolls, but MAN are they tasty! Especially with a bunch of hoisin sauce! :cloud9:

Too bad your childhood happy place was tainted by something that is so good! Nuthin' better than an Irish (probably not) meal. Did they have the soda bread with it? If not, that was your problem right there! :laughing:

And you are first, my Shiny Titled Friend! :yay:

Oh, I saw your new thread just when it went up and then saw your note about giving you time for you to grab the next posts for your TOC... So I waited and refreshed the page for a few times until you got your TOC in before I posted (all this from my Iphone...). It felt like seeing a Glenn update and trying to get in the first Judy count! :goodvibes

And as a service to your other guests I did refrain from replying again on the first page to leave more spots open for others...

But, one thing I was wondering: Why do you keep your TOC always so short? Mine still works and I must have over 40 links in it already...

missionary in Central Asia until last month

I loved your introduction, but the text above confused me a bit... Kind How could you have been filling a whole thread of TR if you just returned last month... ;)

And for the record...

I don't like cabbage. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Welcome to the NON CABBAGE club! Magdalene we have two more! :banana:

Leisa,
Wow this is thread is moving fast! I'm here!
:)

If it were cabbage, there'd be no doubt whatsoever!

So whatcha think?? Like the new pad?

It's great! Warm, welcoming, and no hideous wallpaper. :rotfl:

Every time somebody brings up cabbage, it reminds me of an old faux commercial that starred a basketball player (I believe from Lithuania). He was unveiling his new line of colognes. The spokesman took a whiff and asked in surprise, "Is that...cabbage?"

The player says, "Yeah...chicks dig it." :lmao::rotfl2:

heard there was a part 2, i sniffed my way around and found where the cabbage smell was.
:banana:

how long will cabbage last in the fridge?

can i get mine tonight for next thursday beef and cabbage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter