ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Thanks for that very logical explanation! We thought maybe size of acreage?

We grow mostly grass seed, clover, a little feed corn, berries, and such. Our tallest crop is for sure hops, but the acres and acres of Christmas trees are very labor intensive for sure.

Our east sides, both OR and WA, are extremely dry and need the water in the Spring, so everything you've said makes sense.

Thanks, I was really curious!

I remember Charlie as the bad boy of tabloids sometime back. Haven't heard anything of or about him in a while though.

I do find it highly ironic that I was JUST watching Church Lady bits on YouTube the other night.

okay, I was wrong. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

"I don't pull my Nurse Card very often.... but today it saved the day. Had to talk to the Airport ED Doc; last people on board. But we ARE on board."

Yikes! Glad it worked, sorry it had to be used! Hope he feels better soon!

Remember you are trying to most closely MATCH Steppe's score!

Somehow I missed this part in the original explanation! A little late now, of course, and I guess I was actually somewhat close to your score. I guess we will find out. Eventually. But I think I won't have much luck with the photos.

I'm so sorry Zach is sick. By now you are there, so maybe he will perk up tomorrow. Hope you can have a goid time. I know this weekend will be a challenge with the outlaws snyway.

I'm liking this contest so far! :cool1:

Last edited:
Checking in to say we've safely made it all in one piece. Zach is eating chicken noodle soup and smiling. Everyone but my groom-son and his lovely wife (almost) are sharing our first of several meals around a table. Life is magical.

Phew!

Charlie Sheen was in Cleveland yesterday for the final World Series game.

I did see the story of him whining to throw out the first pitch of a WS game dressed as his character from Major League.

Observations about SOKY (The cute little acronym used for So. Kentucky used here):

1) They drive incredibly fast here- which is appropriate for being the home of the Corvette.

2) They take their comfort food very seriously. (Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, Logans, Whits)

3) I need this accent when I pack up and go home; it's just too stinkin' great!

4) The weather is better here than in Oregon. But then again, pretty much anywhere has better weather than Oregon.

I did see the story of him whining to throw out the first pitch of a WS game dressed as his character from Major League.
And that would have been awesome.

I'm pretty sure the Indians would have won if that had happened.

giphy.gif

1) They drive incredibly fast here- which is appropriate for being the home of the Corvette.
So I guess that means Zach isn't getting behind the wheel?

It would be nicer to irrigate in a square or rectangle pattern since most fields are still shaped that way but logistically these are very easy systems to operate without much maintenance or supervision.

I knew it. You guys are just like state workers.

ETA: I'd also add that what you see in the rectangular patterns is likely smaller acreages and probably more specialty crops that are maybe more labor intensive anyway. The Center Pivot systems are just good "cheap" ways to irrigate a lot of acres at once.

Also, we'd rather grow corn than kale. Circular irrigation FTW!

okay, I was wrong. He obviously has no idea what he's talking about.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Checking in to say we've safely made it all in one piece. Zach is eating chicken noodle soup and smiling. Everyone but my groom-son and his lovely wife (almost) are sharing our first of several meals around a table. Life is magical.

Glad to hear it!:goodvibes

That ball wouldn't have been out of a lot of parks.

OK just checking on to say I've read the chapter and the chatter and I'm glad you all made it to SOKY safe and sound. I hope the wedding goes well, and I'm probably not going to be able to make a lot of comment on the update as I noticed that three more folks have posted updates since I left on my little trip.
Unlike a Disney trip where I am in control of my schedule, we are at the mercy of others and I don't have the luxury of sleeping in and making my own schedule.it wasn't my idea of fun to spend a two hour rehearsal at 8AM standing up for the entire time, and we have a three hour rehearsal coming up, and a half an hour performance tonight (also standing) :faint:
I'll try to take another look at the picture and send you a PM with my guess.

Oh man, I'm so glad he is on the mend. I can't stand vomit...especially when travelling, that is just the absolute worst.

2) They take their comfort food very seriously. (Waffle House, Cracker Barrel, Logans, Whits)
If it helps at all, I assure you this is most of the south, not just Kentucky! I was raised on southern comfort food, it's a matter of pride in most places. (Hence my rather large waist line!)

Well, Kiddleywinks, the wedding is over and done. I have a new beautiful daughter-in-law and the happy couple are excited to be off on their nice, long 3 week honeymoon.

We'll be up at 'o dark-thirty to head back home and hopefully settle into some extended "home time".

Some awful drama surrounded this wedding, which I'll tell you all about, but it'll have to wait until another time. Even with the extra hour of sleep, 5:30's gonna come early.

So understand the trip up the aisle to the little girls room. Not like everyone knows where you're going. I of course had to make one trip each flight. I haven't flown since forever, so I walked to the front of the plane and couldn't find the "12 inch door"! :confused3Thank goodness the people in the first rows started to point it out to me. I was looking on the wrong side of the cabin door:headache:. So on the return flight home I at least knew where to look. As soon as the seatbelt light went off, I was the first one up and headed up there. what? It's occupied? So do I wait (they said,no loitering on a plane )? I couldn't figure out who got there first....till the flight attendant came out!
Glad your time in Chicago wasn't too bad. Even though we live in IL, we were so glad not to have to go to O'Hare. Chicago and Milwaukee are about the same distant from us 1 1/2 - 2 hours. But the drive to Milw. and its airport is SO much more easily manageable. To avoid driving we would have had to take a bus shuttle into O'Hare which runs all the time and rely on that schedule....No thanks! Also it was nice that we could get direct flight out of Milw. too.

Poor Zach! How awful to be so sick before a flight and a long travel day. So glad that by the end of the day he seemed to be better and hopefully enjoyed the weekend with everyone.
Congratulations to your son and his new wife. Congrats to you for a new DIL and the growing of your family. Hope they have a great time together on (wow!) a 3 week honeymoon.
So...I can't remember...Is he stationed in Guam now or going to be stationed there after honeymoon? I know you plan on visiting them sometime, how long will they be there?

Hope your return trip home is good. I'll going in say I hope it's just BORING, that would be a change of pace for you!

Wow 65 points..ooops ...too high:confused:?..doesn't sound as good as it may look :upsidedow

Enjoy your week.
I have a short one. Only mon-wed. Friday is my day off, but because it's a Holiday, TH is then my designated Holiday. So I have TH, FR off and took Sat as a vacation day. So work 3, off 4!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter