ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Because every trip must have its drama....

Zach has been throwing up every 5 minutes for over 2 hours. I didn't find out until 1:30 AM- only an hour before we were supposed to walk out the door. Tried Phenergan to no avail. Called my Bestie and miraculously she had some sublingual Zofran. Since I gave it at 2:00, he's only thrown up once.

Praying for a less than hellish flight.....

Unfortunately, he started up again just as we pulled up to the curb. I gave another dose of Zofran and am hoping for the best. This just can't be happening!!!!!

Zach has been throwing up every 5 minutes for over 2 hours. I didn't find out until 1:30 AM- only an hour before we were supposed to walk out the door. Tried Phenergan to no avail. Called my Bestie and miraculously she had some sublingual Zofran. Since I gave it at 2:00, he's only thrown up once.

Gah!

I hope he's ok and that your travels go smoothly! Or at least, more smoothly.

You know what's funny....? The next one does too! Buahahahaha!

:sad2:

You moron. B comes after A.

When did that happen?!?

I meant that you could've made your departure day come towards the end of the TR... Hey, You're the one who was going on about it not being chronological.

I never took the plunge when he was posting. But probably should have. Obviously, I would have enjoyed his writing. I'm struggling to keep caught up on the ones I do keep up with, so to find time to go back and read.... yeah....

I hear that. Who has the time??

He emphatically says, "NO!, it's the ears. Definitely the ears."

What?

We occasionally do, but there is only a couple of nurses that are dedicated to the ONS's. (Overnight Stays) They get paid a differential and are full time gals.

ah

You ain't seen NUTHIN' yet.

Oh, dear Lord.

It was a great drive up and at the very least kept the instrumental metal and the anime soundtracks off.

:laughing: I didn't think of that!

One of the best bumper stickers I've seen.
Driver controls the tunes
Shotgun shuts his pie hole.

Just wait until I get to the chapter of Mike traveling. It's not pretty.

oy

Dude, if I have $15,000 ready to be burned, it ain't going to medication...

"Mom... I'm not feeling good..."
"Too bad! Whelp! I'm off to Disney!"

Because it's harder to get vagrants (and weary travelers) off the seats.

Whatever... what about me??????

Go to the Farm Store? Wilco is our farm supply store.

Wilco as in Roger Wilco, over and out.

Cinderkelly: 55 points

Wow! I rock! :rotfl: Or that was some serious lucky rabbit I pulled out of my hat. Nonetheless, I'll take 1st, even if it is short lived!

Zach has been throwing up every 5 minutes for over 2 hours.

OH no!!!!!!

From FB a bit ago...

"I don't pull my Nurse Card very often.... but today it saved the day. Had to talk to the Airport ED Doc; last people on board. But we ARE on board."

Sending good vibes your (and his) way :hug: poor thing

We arrived with plenty of time to be frisked like common criminals, have our bags get cavity checked

Be glad it wasn't the other way around.

I did opt, however to sit near the window on the 2nd leg of our journey as: A) I wanted to get some photos

B) You paid for it.

I was so tired, and yet all jacked up about going to Disney.

I totally get this.

Plus, I really had to "go" on the 2nd leg.

Well, you were going. At about 550MPH.

The Sky Marshalls had probably tagged me 3 trips ago, and the FBI was on stand-by.

"All right boys. Looks like we got a piddler here."

In fact, even with the half hour delay, we arrived to MCO 20 minutes early, so I was ok with that.

They can always make up time.
Flight times are based on economy, not fastest time.
But it's usually cheaper for an airline to burn fuel and make up time than miss a gate assignment or cause passengers to miss connections.

Pkodz: 30 points

I was pretty happy with this... until I realized I was tied for last!

Oh, dear...

Unfortunately, he started up again just as we pulled up to the curb. I gave another dose of Zofran and am hoping for the best. This just can't be happening!!!!!

Oh, man!

From FB a bit ago...

"I don't pull my Nurse Card very often.... but today it saved the day. Had to talk to the Airport ED Doc; last people on board. But we ARE on board."

Well.... good luck and pass all those funny looking bags over.

And another word regarding The Queen's Contest:

Remember you are trying to most closely MATCH Steppe's score!

These are her points; you were merely trying to guess how many points she would get in her game. So in this case 40 points were her earnings. We (all) really won't know who's going to take this Contest until the very end. Take heart!!

@Flossbolna , this reminds me of our travel to Nuremberg to see you. But only half as bad because it's only one kid. Sadly, one of the same kids.

I'm just hoping he's better enough to stand as a Groomsman on Saturday!!

@Flossbolna , this reminds me of our travel to Nuremberg to see you. But only half as bad because it's only one kid. Sadly, one of the same kids.

I'm just hoping he's better enough to stand as a Groomsman on Saturday!!

Yes, I was immediately thinking back to this! Do you have any clue what is causing this? I am wondering if it is stress, both trips are kind of emotional journeys... Hope it is nothing contagious, that would be the worst for the whole wedding!

I have no idea where or how we could have made up 50 minutes
Because it is O'Hare. They build in an expected 1 hour delay for all flights leaving there.

Oh no... I hope you all make it and the rest of you don't get whatever he has.

Oh that's right!
I'm freaking close to winning!

(so feel like Charlie Sheen.)
So if you're Charlie Sheen then she must be Bob Barker or Drew Carey.

I really don't! Possibly something he ate?? A viral thing he picked up from school? Who knows? He made it through flight #1, though... sipping 7-Up. Always a good sign!

Because it is O'Hare. They build in an expected 1 hour delay for all flights leaving there.

Oh no... I hope you all make it and the rest of you don't get whatever he has.

Can someone pleeeeeze post a meme or gif that would explain!!

53fa151a5fc6597a1772cf3c5fae5381.jpg

Is this what you're talking about? It's from Charlie Sheen's "out of his mind" rant a few years ago when he hit rock bottom and declared himself "winning."

And I felt like the Bob Barker and Drew Carey references were self explanatory since you know the number and we're trying to guess it like the Price is Right.

By the way, Andy! A few questions for you comin' your way...

As we fly west and leave the Willamette Valley, irrigation changes from square configuration to predominately circular. Why? What is the advantage of that and why would a farmer choose one or the other??

Last edited:

I can live with that.

53fa151a5fc6597a1772cf3c5fae5381.jpg

Is this what you're talking about? It's from Charlie Sheen's "out of his mind" rant a few years ago when he hit rock bottom and declared himself "winning."

And I felt like the Bob Barker and Drew Carey references were self explanatory since you know the number and we're trying to guess it like the Price is Right.

That was quick.

By the way, Andy! A great questions for you comin' your way...

As we fly west and leave the Willamette Valley, irrigation changes from square configuration to predominately circular. Why? What is the advantage of that and why would a farmer choose one or the other??

I'm betting he doesn't even have to Google this.
Actually, I'm thinking he wrote about this before. At least it sounds familiar.

Because they use some weird irrigation out in your area. What I've seen out around Washington and Oregon is a lot of in line type irrigation systems that you can just move across a field, but they don't have a lot of height to them.

When you get into the good crops... you know corn. It is taller. You need irrigation that can get over the top of it without knocking it down. So it is mostly center pivots where a taller structure on wheels will just circle around the central pivot point. It would be nicer to irrigate in a square or rectangle pattern since most fields are still shaped that way but logistically these are very easy systems to operate without much maintenance or supervision. There's not a whole lot of irrigation here because we tend to have more than adequate moisture. But there is some sandy ground where guys around us have put in a lot of center pivots. The corners are just left dry, but crops still grow there. They just don't get the extra water from the irrigation system and therefore look significantly less green from the air.

The center pivots are pretty easy to operate. Turn them on and they water as the wheels drive it around the circle. A lot of guys around us who have irrigation even have it set up so that they can monitor and control the units with their phones.

80_824_325_z_8500p_corn_web_hero.jpg

ETA: I'd also add that what you see in the rectangular patterns is likely smaller acreages and probably more specialty crops that are maybe more labor intensive anyway. The Center Pivot systems are just good "cheap" ways to irrigate a lot of acres at once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter