• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A wedding gift WWYD

Whaaaat?:rotfl: My original thought was to give them the luggage. You put alot of thought into getting something they need and went to the trouble to go shopping to get it. However, after reading how this bride is acting, I think I'd take the luggage back, pocket the money, and skip the wedding.

You have no idea how many times I have considered doing just that!!!

RachaelA said:
Why would your son stay married (let alone marry!) someone that treats his kid that way? She knows his threats to leave are BS hence why she keeps doing it. He should be ashamed of himself. His daughter will always remember that her dad stayed married to someone that treated her horribly.

This. She'll probably not have much of a relationship with her dad once she's flown the nest.

Give them the luggage
The invite is super tacky!

I spent the whole thread unable to get over the fact that the bride-to-be handed out her wedding invitations at the shower! Now THAT is TACKY!!!

It sounds to me like giving the luggage instead of cash is just going to be a minor blip on the horizon of Gina's relationship with her in-laws. I would give them the luggage and go with it- I think you are making the right decision! However... if you bought the luggage on a credit card, the store might be able to bring up the receipt, and then a gift receipt, if you have the credit card with you. We did that at Best Buy recently, but they needed to swipe the card and not just enter the CC number. We had no problem getting a gift receipt this way. Then you'd totally be off the hook!

I spent the whole thread unable to get over the fact that the bride-to-be handed out her wedding invitations at the shower! Now THAT is TACKY!!!

LOL - me too!

OP - Give the luggage. It's a nice gift. (which you have written you intend to do.)

Maddle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter