A Very Lurkyloo Christmas is FINISHED! New 3/16: Last Day of the Trip!

As always I am in awe of the Roots pictures.
But that close-up one of Tinkerbell has me kinda scared.:scared1:

Amazing pictures, makes me miss Disney World at Christmas time. I was there in 2007 for honeymoon, such a beautiful time of the year.

MVMCP_092.jpg

I'm actually a bit surprised Tink's costume doesn't have even more lights on it! She always looked like she was encased in glitter and lights, a la one of the Main Street Electrical Parade floats. :laughing:

As always I am in awe of the Roots pictures.
But that close-up one of Tinkerbell has me kinda scared.:scared1:

Don't worry—she won't hurt you! :rotfl:

Amazing pictures, makes me miss Disney World at Christmas time. I was there in 2007 for honeymoon, such a beautiful time of the year.

And what a great combo—a honeymoon AND Christmas! :cloud9:

I'm actually a bit surprised Tink's costume doesn't have even more lights on it! She always looked like she was encased in glitter and lights, a la one of the Main Street Electrical Parade floats. :laughing:

Now that you mention it, yeah! It's pretty amazing how much they do with so little!

Once again, great pics!
I remember sitting in the dessert party area, JUST before it flipped into the actual dessert party area, when it was just the cool area to know about and grab. Run on sentance much?

Anyway, the CM's near us were talking all about what the area was becoming and you could call disney dining to reserve. it was weird....:confused:
Not worth the money imho.

KIM

Yeah, I think they really ticked off a lot of people when they took over what was a secret, decent place to watch the fireworks and started charging you as if it were front-row, center... :sad2:

Hey! I found some iPhone pix I took that show more of the layout of the dessert party, along with some of the dud desserts I mentioned...

IMG_3432.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

After the fireworks, we drifted up Main Street, U.S.A. to camp out in Jensey's favorite viewing spot for the 10:30pm Christmas parade, near the barbershop—basically the end of the route.

MVMCP_200.jpg

MVMCP_201.jpg

MVMCP_202.jpg

MVMCP_203.jpg

MVMCP_204.jpg

MVMCP_205.jpg

MVMCP_206.jpg

MVMCP_208.jpg

MVMCP_209.jpg

MVMCP_210.jpg

We played time-filling road trip games with Amelia as we waited and laughed and laughed. Mostly at me and Nate, who could not figure out any of the sisters' "predict the next word" games because apparently you're allowed to change the rules every time??? Harrumph! Sisters!

MVMCP_211.jpg

MVMCP_212.jpg

MVMCP_214.jpg

MVMCP_213.jpg

MVMCP_215.jpg

MVMCP_217.jpg

MVMCP_218.jpg

MVMCP_219.jpg

MVMCP_220.jpg

At last the parade started. It was fun to watch it with CM Amelia and former CM Jensey, because they seemed to know all the performers!

MVMCP_221.jpg

MVMCP_224.jpg

They must know this Wendy, cuz there are lots of shots of her
MVMCP_225.jpg

MVMCP_226.jpg

MVMCP_227.jpg

MVMCP_229.jpg

MVMCP_264.jpg

MVMCP_265.jpg

MVMCP_266.jpg

MVMCP_267.jpg

MVMCP_269.jpg

MVMCP_270.jpg

MVMCP_271.jpg

Paper snow
MVMCP_274.jpg

MVMCP_276.jpg

MVMCP_278.jpg

MVMCP_279.jpg

My favorite kind of Christmas tree!
MVMCP_280.jpg

MVMCP_281.jpg

MVMCP_282.jpg

MVMCP_284.jpg

MVMCP_285.jpg

Is that a baseball cap on Prince Philip?!
MVMCP_286.jpg

MVMCP_288.jpg

MVMCP_289.jpg

MVMCP_290.jpg

MVMCP_291.jpg

MVMCP_292.jpg

MVMCP_293.jpg

Some of the costumes are a real hoot!

MVMCP_294.jpg

MVMCP_295.jpg

MVMCP_296.jpg

MVMCP_297.jpg

MVMCP_298.jpg

MVMCP_299.jpg

MVMCP_300.jpg

MVMCP_301.jpg

MVMCP_302.jpg

I dunno who this guy is, but the camera LOVES him!

MVMCP_303.jpg

MVMCP_304.jpg

MVMCP_306.jpg

MVMCP_307.jpg

MVMCP_308.jpg

Oh man I feel bad for that guy…

MVMCP_309.jpg

MVMCP_310.jpg

MVMCP_312.jpg

MVMCP_313.jpg

MVMCP_314.jpg

I can't believe they can play through those masks!
MVMCP_315.jpg

MVMCP_316.jpg

MVMCP_317.jpg

More fashion "don'ts"…
MVMCP_318.jpg

MVMCP_319.jpg

MVMCP_320.jpg

The design of these guys reminds me of the creepily off-model walk-around characters in the early days of Disneyland
MVMCP_321.jpg

MVMCP_322.jpg

MVMCP_323.jpg

MVMCP_324.jpg

After the parade, there wasn't much party left, so we made the most of it by skipping the castle show and heading for Big Thunder.

MVMCP_325.jpg

FAVORITE!
MVMCP_327.jpg

MVMCP_326.jpg

It looks like we poked our heads into the dance party at the Diamond Horseshoe, but I don't think we ever did get any free watery hot chocolate or dry cookies…

MVMCP_328.jpg

MVMCP_329.jpg

MVMCP_330.jpg

Also FAVORITE!
MVMCP_331.jpg

Wait—another FAVORITE!
MVMCP_332.jpg

Here's what us walking around looks like
MVMCP_333.jpg

MVMCP_334.jpg

MVMCP_336.jpg

MVMCP_337.jpg

MVMCP_338.jpg

MVMCP_339.jpg

MVMCP_340.jpg

MVMCP_341.jpg

MVMCP_343.jpg

MVMCP_344.jpg

MVMCP_342.jpg

MVMCP_345.jpg

MVMCP_346.jpg

MVMCP_347.jpg

MVMCP_348.jpg

After we shut the park down, Nate and Amelia split and Jensey came over to Bay Lake Tower for a slumber party! This was a very special treat for me, because Nate and Jensey do not like to be separated and Jensey was very kind to keep me company while Patrick was out of town (and indulge in a bit of girly nostalgia!).

Here's Jensey totally prepared for the slumber party!
MVMCP_350.jpg

When we got home, the first thing we did was that Jensey very kindly took some glamour shots of the room for me.

Room 8611: The Peeping Tom's Delight
BayLakeTowers_01.jpg

Second bathroom
BayLakeTowers_02.jpg

Jensey slept here!
BayLakeTowers_04.jpg

BayLakeTowers_05.jpg

BayLakeTowers_07.jpg

BayLakeTowers_09.jpg

BayLakeTowers_26.jpg

BayLakeTowers_29.jpg

BayLakeTowers_27.jpg

BayLakeTowers_30.jpg

BayLakeTowers_28.jpg

Four months old and already the place is showing signs of wear…
BayLakeTowers_10.jpg

BayLakeTowers_11.jpg

BayLakeTowers_12.jpg

BayLakeTowers_14.jpg

BayLakeTowers_15.jpg

BayLakeTowers_16.jpg

BayLakeTowers_17.jpg

BayLakeTowers_18.jpg

BayLakeTowers_19.jpg

BayLakeTowers_20.jpg

BayLakeTowers_21.jpg

BayLakeTowers_22.jpg

BayLakeTowers_23.jpg

BayLakeTowers_24.jpg

BayLakeTowers_25.jpg

Sorry about the mess… I actually used the laundry room!
BayLakeTowers_31.jpg

At first I assumed Jensey must be pretty tired, so I suggested we get in our jammies and hit the rack. But when I got out of the shower, I noticed that the light was still on in the living room. I poked my head out there and saw Jensey sitting in the sofa bed wide awake (her teddy bear, however, was totally sawing logs). So I came out and we sat up talking and laughing—just like at a real slumber party!

This next part is something I think I might leave out of the trip report when I post it on my website, and it's taken me more than a year to even get to the point where I feel I can write about it. But you guys on the DISboards were there for me when it happened, so I feel like you might want to hear the whole story. I just hope it doesn't dissuade you from commenting on the fun stuff and gorgeous Root photos in the first part of this installment.

So as we were talking, I got a phone call from my aunt telling me that my dad had passed on. I'd moved him from Northern California to a care facility near us in LA back in November when he finally became convinced that the physical problem he was dealing with was too tough for him to cope with on his own. Although he had lost a lot of weight and mobility, he really seemed to perk up those first few weeks at the care facility. Because of this progress, Patrick and I felt OK about continuing with our Florida trip. After we left, my aunt kept us in the loop about what was going on. Earlier that day she had called to say that she thought it might be a good idea for me to call my dad again, and I am so glad I did.

One of the reasons it's important to me to tell this part of the story is that I want to acknowledge Jensey's incredibly loving support when I got the news. She gave me a big hug and asked what she could do to help, and for the next 12 hours she was my rock as I worked through the shock. I was pretty much in a trance, so she gently reminded me I needed to call my brother and Patrick to tell them the news. Then she sat up with me until 3:30 in the morning just talking and helping me work through my grief. In the morning when we woke up, it was Jensey who helped me figure out what my next steps were as I assumed all the end-of-life duties you have as the next of kin, about which I knew absolutely nothing. At that point, my mental defense mechanism was to switch into emotionless business mode in order to tackle the innumerable tasks ahead of me, and that lasted basically for the next three months. So I cherish those hours Jensey spent with me as the raw emotion washed over me, just surrounding me with her love and compassion.

I have one more day to write about, and it was definitely surreal, but I think you'll like the pictures, so I'll get that posted next.

Okay...soooo not a good idea to read the last part of your update while incredibly emotionally and on the verge of tears. Especially since my dad has also passed away (3 years ago) and I have lots of unresolved issues and guilt about it and our relationship. But I can't think how lucky you were to have Jensey there with you! What if it had been the night before when you were alone? What a great friend! Again, my sympathies on the passing of your dad :hug:

Enough of that, beautiful pictures as always from the Roots - looks like you girls had a great time at the party! How is it that they always seem to pose for your cameras, yet I always get the back of their heads? Or mid-wave with a hand in front of their face?

Sad this report is coming to an end, but happy that means you will be working on your other TR? Right? ;)

Bittersweet update!
I love the Christmas parade & man did the Roots pictures capture the beauty & fun of that parade. Also that Wendy looks like Amy Adams.
Love, love, love the artwork in the rooms at BLT.

I remember this hard time. :hug: Still so sorry for your loss but so glad that Jensey was there for you especially since Patrick was gone. What a wonderful friend!

Awesome parade pictures, I wish I had an ounce of creativity the roots have when taking photos. I have the creativity after I take the photos and are scrapbooking them but not while taking the photos.

This was such a bittersweet end for this day, I can't even imagine how you were feeling or what was going through your mind. I'm glad Jensey was able to help you through that very difficult time. Now your Dis peeps will always be here for you :hug:

I don't post too often, but wanted to drop in to give you a :hug:. Your trip reports are my absolute favorites because you are such a wonderful writer, very very funny (I laugh) and very very real and honest (I cry). And I wanted to thank you so very much for sharing.

Raising a glass of Dr. Pepper to your dad's memory!

:hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can not imagine what you went through. I'm glad you have been able to find a great support group and friends in the Roots, it is almost like it was meant to happen. The world works in mysterious ways. I would have hated to been alone at the time, I'm glad she was there for you

By the way, the pictures of the windows are AMAZING! Gotta love Scrooge hanging on for dear life, the one poking his head out looks real!

I am so so sorry for your loss. It's good you had been able to speak with your dad on the phone earlier that day. How fortunate that Jensey was there with you when you recieved the news. :hug::hug::hug:

Beautiful and magical photos as usual! The paper snow is pretty decieving in the photos (well, except for the one flake in your hand ;)), I would have believed it was snowing there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter