• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip (Time to Say Goodbye)

MeMom, you are so close. I'll bet your whole crew is beyond excited! Marc got our APs today, I'd sure like to sneak down for Spring Break, our dates will be (if we can) March 14-19...

Right now, everyone is too busy to stop and think about it, which is probably a good thing. Jill and crew are going to KY this weekend when they really could use this time at home to get ready. John's brother and his wife would completely understand if they didn't travel back for this delayed reception at John's parents' church, but they are going because a lot of John's relatives from Missouri that he hardly ever gets to see are supposedly coming. This includes John's grandparents, so of course he wants to try to see them when he can, and they have not seen Bella.

We could possibly be there at that time in March. We'll see. I have enjoyed the F&G stuff and would be happy to see it again.

Okay I admit, I got teary-eyed as you left..but OMG that is the cutest name for your new TR!

Well, we have two cute little girls in the TR, I know that! We'll see you over there. :)

I loved your report, MeMom.:goodvibes Thanks for sharing with us all. I hope you have a marvelous time with your babies and grandbabies in a little over a week.:yay:

BTW, I love that little girl's Mickey ears.:cutie:

I'll get to see them tomorrow night for a few minutes when they stop by here for a bathroom break and a feeding Bella break.

I'm glad you enjoyed the report. I am enjoying yours, as well!

Loved the TR! I'm headed over to the new one now. See you there!:cool1:

See you there! Chime in more often and just make yourself at home.

Wow, 9 days!!!!!!

I am so excited for ya'll!!!! I just can't wait to see all the pictures that you will be taking! I know that Brooklyn is excited and I can't wait to see how Bella likes the characters!

Bella is just funny with her facial expressions anyway, but I bet she will be wondering where in the world we have taken her to!

I've been there but you just have so many trips, I can only focus on one at a time.

:rotfl2:

I'm going to PM OhMari to go ahead and close this one out tonight, and then I'll concentrate on just that one. I guess we could go ahead and put it on the trip reports board, since we'll be doing live feeds. Whatever she wants to do.

MeMom, you know what's worse than the goodbye bus? The goodbye bus that comes at 4am. Ask me, I know. :( My flight was hellaciously early last time. Boo hiss.

I love your reports! Please keep writing them, always. :)

A four a.m. departure bus would interfere with my morning walk!

We're glad you like the reports. If we ever wear out our welcome, feel free to speak up.

I have spent most of the day doing camp stuff, and I am beat. Hauling big cans and cases of stuff wears me out fast in my old age. :) I got a lot accomplished, and now I'm in for the night. I am copping out on dinner and we're having a Stouffer's lasagna and salad.

I hope you have all enjoyed this report. As I said in the beginning, it was a different kind of trip. It was fun, and I was happy to spend time with a dear friend that I hardly ever get to see. I enjoy seeing her relaxed and laughing in Disney World. I have already started dropping hints about another March trip, and she said she wants to, if it is financially possible and if her husband doesn't pitch a fit. This time, though, I would hope to have my girls with me.

We are looking forward to all being together on the trip that starts next week. I am looking forward to being with all of my people and seeing them happy, having fun, and relaxing. I will be happy to be in a world where there are not stores full of school supplies, as everywhere I go right now is trying to do that! :headache: I'm not ready to think about school yet. :)

Anyway, every come on over to the new place and hang out. We love having you, and we hope to meet all of you some day!

nooooooooooooooooo.....it can't be OVER! :sad1:

oh, wait......what am i crying about? you're going back next week! :yay:

you know i have to live vicariously through you guys for the next year-and-a-half, right?

so glad you guys had a good trip, even if it was a "different" one. hope you get to do it again next year!

Hi MeMom! :wave2: I haven't had much of a chance to post lately, but I've been following along! I'm bummed this trippie is ending, but I can't wait to read your next one! I can't believe how close your next trip is, you must be getting so excited!

nooooooooooooooooo.....it can't be OVER! :sad1:

oh, wait......what am i crying about? you're going back next week! :yay:

you know i have to live vicariously through you guys for the next year-and-a-half, right?

so glad you guys had a good trip, even if it was a "different" one. hope you get to do it again next year!

It will be nice if we can all go. Now that I know what to expect and not expect from a 'friend' trip, I think I could gear up for it better mentally, but I will still always want my girls to go when they can!

Maybe with that bothersome stitch out, you can get back to feeling normal.

Hi MeMom! :wave2: I haven't had much of a chance to post lately, but I've been following along! I'm bummed this trippie is ending, but I can't wait to read your next one! I can't believe how close your next trip is, you must be getting so excited!

I am when I stop to think of it, but we've all been busy, so the days have flown by!

Awww, sad to see it end. The only consolation is, is that there is another MeMom trip coming up SOON!!!!

Already started. You better get over there and find you a big soft cushion to hang out on! Who would you like to sit by? :)

Maybe with that bothersome stitch out, you can get back to feeling normal.

i guess you heard about that on facebook, huh? when that dentist pulled that stitch through the roof of my mouth i almost came outta that chair!!!! :scared1: it was not a good afternoon. but i'm much more comfortable now. tomorrow will be a week and i get to stop using that disgusting mouthwash and start flushing the holes out with regular listerine instead. why do we have wisdom teeth anyway??????

Waiting for unMagical Express.
It's magical when it brings you, but un when it takes you back.

:rotfl:....HAHA That's great...and correct!!
I guess for me my car is the magical ride taking me there and the UNmagical ride home. I guess as long as it takes me back from time to time then that's ok!!

Goofy was asking us to come back at Christmas time, so of course I couldn't disappoint him and told him we'd be there! :santa:

disney3-18-09MK539.jpg

Meeeeeee toooooooo!!!!! :yay:

Great TR MeMom....it's so much fun to go with a girlfriend! I hope to do it again someday with Dawn too :goodvibes

MeMom, I know you don't want to talk about school, but........
I got those animal print letters and border today! Also ordered some Tiger print library pockets. Thanks for the suggestion!:goodvibes

i guess you heard about that on facebook, huh? when that dentist pulled that stitch through the roof of my mouth i almost came outta that chair!!!! :scared1: it was not a good afternoon. but i'm much more comfortable now. tomorrow will be a week and i get to stop using that disgusting mouthwash and start flushing the holes out with regular listerine instead. why do we have wisdom teeth anyway??????

So we can be in pain when we have them removed and realize how much we appreciate every day that we are not in pain. ;)

:rotfl:....HAHA That's great...and correct!!
I guess for me my car is the magical ride taking me there and the UNmagical ride home. I guess as long as it takes me back from time to time then that's ok!!

Meeeeeee toooooooo!!!!! :yay:

Great TR MeMom....it's so much fun to go with a girlfriend! I hope to do it again someday with Dawn too :goodvibes

Do you ever fly, or do you always drive? Southwest has good prices from BNA sometimes.
You can answer over on the new report, if this one is closed by the time you get around to it.

I think you are a little excited about your trip! It's so fun to have a trip looming large out there to look forward to! :cool1:

I got those animal print letters and border today! Also ordered some Tiger print library pockets. Thanks for the suggestion!:goodvibes

I know it will look cute. Do you use your library pockets for a card/stick discipline program or for something else? A lot of people use popsicle sticks or green, yellow, and red cards. I've alway done checks. Since I've always been around basketball, I use the five fouls method. Five fouls and you don't get to play any more - five checks and you're out of Fun Friday. The checks are kept in a box on the corner of the dry-erase board just old-fashioned like. ;)

You can answer on the other report, too, if this one is closed.

And I can't talk about the 's' word too long. It starts giving me the heeby-geebies! :laughing:

Animal print letters??? Where did you find those, Anita??? I think I need those! I could do a whole Let's Get Wild About Reading thing!

Animal print letters??? Where did you find those, Anita??? I think I need those! I could do a whole Let's Get Wild About Reading thing!

I got mine from Parent-Teacher Store. Do you have one of those? If not, I can see if they still have them here and getthem for you. You can just die-cut animal print paper from a craft store, too.

I got mine from Parent-Teacher Store. Do you have one of those? If not, I can see if they still have them here and getthem for you. You can just die-cut animal print paper from a craft store, too.

We don't have those here in the Atlanta area -- thanks for the offer, but I have tons of animal print paper (are you surprised? ;)), and there is a die cut machine at school, so that's what I will do. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

Schoolbox.com has Cheetah Fun Letters and Animal Fun border, they might have it in the store.

See, a Georgia buddy is up early and ready to help you out. :)

See you guys over on the new PTR! :banana:

We don't have those here in the Atlanta area -- thanks for the offer, but I have tons of animal print paper (are you surprised? ;)), and there is a die cut machine at school, so that's what I will do. Thanks for the idea! :thumbsup2

No, I am not surprised. :)

I'm sure it will be an awesome bulletin board. :thumbsup2

I gave away a ton of pieces of border I had saved in a drawer when I started cleaning out to change rooms. My students thought they were in heaven taking all that border home. I suspect there are a lot of little girls' homes all over the city with mirrors, walls, doors, etc. adorned with an odd assortment of school borders! :laughing:

Schoolbox.com has Cheetah Fun Letters and Animal Fun border, they might have it in the store.

Thank you!

I gave away a ton of pieces of border I had saved in a drawer when I started cleaning out to change rooms. My students thought they were in heaven taking all that border home. I suspect there are a lot of little girls' homes all over the city with mirrors, walls, doors, etc. adorned with an odd assortment of school borders! :laughing:

What a cute image! :goodvibes

So I guess you don't want to hear that I bought all of Hannah's school supplies today huh?

What a great trip report MeMom!!! I Really can't wait until you next one, thankfully I won't have to wait too long YAY!!!!

I finally caught up.

Saw the sign Eeyore was holding saying Happy Birthday, Thanks.

Great tr as usual. So lucky you are going so soon.

Can't wait to read the next one.

So I guess you don't want to hear that I bought all of Hannah's school supplies today huh?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Poor MeMom...the school year is coming too soon!

It may sound silly but I have started Lexi's school shopping too even though school isn't until September.
She just HAD TO HAVE a 'Jonas Brothers' backpack, lunch kit, pencils and pencil case....I'd say she is a bit of a fan....:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter