A glimmer of hope for passholders...

I'm pretty sure it was 40%. We had a weird split trip this time as we were traveling to another city in Florida. We stayed at a Value on the front end and there was a bounceback offer in our room there too.

On the way back we stayed at a moderate and the bounceback was for a moderate, deluxe or deluxe villa. There were several time periods on the calendar with lots of blackout periods as well. Sorry I don't remember exact dates. I do believe I saw some in December but don't know if it went as late as 12/23. I also don't recall there being an actual expiration date listed, I think it just referred to booking before you leave.

Below is a copy and paste from a "bounceback" email I got while I was away. Looks like it generated from my stay at the Values. Guess they think I would be checking my emails while on vacation (I don't, maybe I should). ;)

"Get 35%* off the non-discounted price
at select Disney Value Resorts.
Enjoy a stay at one of these colorful Resorts that are big on everything but the price. Each features larger-than-life theming, whimsical pools, fun food courts and more!

For stays most nights:
2/13/11—2/19/11, 2/27/11—3/5/11, 5/8/11—5/27/11, 5/31/11—6/4/11, 8/21/11—10/8/11,
10/23/11—10/29/11, 11/13/11—11/19/11, 11/27/11—12/3/11 and 12/11/11—12/17/11.

Book now. Call 407-939-7621 before you check out, or have your Travel Agent call!
Ask for booking code KZ2.

*The number of rooms available for this discount is limited. Minimum length-of-stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room. No group rates or other discounts apply. This offer is only available to Guests of select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels. Offer is nontransferable. Advance reservations required."

:)

Thanks, GatorLady. I got a real kick out of Disney's description of the Values:

Enjoy a stay at one of these colorful Resorts that are big on everything but the price. Each features larger-than-life theming, whimsical pools, fun food courts and more!

Okay, so basically AP rates are here that cover one month:sad2: So it is easier to get a GP rate now than an AP rate, makes the decision on renewing the AP easy now.

The room discounts were one of the most attractive features of the AP for our family without them or with relase of AP pins to select holders it is no longer fiscally responsible to purchase them.

I was thinking of letting our APs expire if there was no advantage to having them. My GP discount was over $400 better than the AP rate for our dates 6/2-6/7. Only 6/2 was discounted under the AP discount. Maybe they will suddenly extend the dates? I might have to shave off a day from a short trip . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter