A glimmer of hope for passholders...

There were already a couple of threads started before this one. Here they are:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2488747

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2663575

Any hoo, after all this waiting, I called this am only to be told that I already have a general code that is better than the AP rate! What's the point in being a passholder?!

One of the things that attract us to the ap is being able to access tables of wonderland. With the places we eat and usually having others in our party we end up being ahead of ourselves on a 7 day trip even. I never even took room discounts in the miss but it is nice though.

Still don't know why it's only for one month. Wasn't that way last year. Not to say it needs to be the same each year but it's just weird.

Any hoo, after all this waiting, I called this am only to be told that I already have a general code that is better than the AP rate! What's the point in being a passholder?!

We have a pincode that worked out much better- $40 more, but including 1 day 1 park tickets (to get the DDP)- so we're sticking with what we have. Our AP's came free with our wedding, but if we had paid for them I'd be pretty upset as well- that's no way to treat your frequent guests!

One of the things that attract us to the ap is being able to access tables of wonderland. With the places we eat and usually having others in our party we end up being ahead of ourselves on a 7 day trip even. I never even took room discounts in the miss but it is nice though.

Still don't know why it's only for one month. Wasn't that way last year. Not to say it needs to be the same each year but it's just weird.
I was told more dates will be released at the beginning of April, if that helps at all.

I am so disappointed the passholder rates don't extend through July. Heck, I'm not even going in June but still can't believe they only released rates through June 2. I guess we will have to wait until mid April for any summer passholder rates. :headache:

I wondering if they are planning to do pass holders rates month by month now?:confused3 We aren't going to renew after this. I was already on the fence but I got a better rate with a pin code, it's not that much more than the GP code, and now if it's going to be last minute all the time it's going to drive me more nuts than anything! My sanity is at stake here. ;)

I am so disappointed the passholder rates don't extend through July. Heck, I'm not even going in June but still can't believe they only released rates through June 2. I guess we will have to wait until mid April for any summer passholder rates. :headache:

Tell me about it....we arrive June 7th. Luckily we have the GP offer, which is better than nothing. We used to get pin codes all the time, but I guess they figured after 4 trips in 12 months, they have us hooked :laughing: Little do they know that those trips ONLY happened because of the hugely discounted rooms... Looks like park hoppers for us this trip (and without those AP's we WON'T be back for the multiple trips in 2011)

FWIW, I was told more dates will be released at the beginning of April, but it does seem like they're going to go more-or-less month by month. It seems they're trying to fill rooms with GP discounts and pincodes before offering AP rates. That's no way to treat your frequent guests- bad show Disney!

we no longer have AP's as we don't go as often as we used to. If I still were I would be writing to Disney about the lack of offers for their loyal guests, AP holders

Complaining here helps with the fustration but it doesn't let Disney know how you feel

^ True- writing is much more effective, but Disney does read the boards- they just don't care about them as much as written complaints

I've been watching for weeks now. Our travel dates are June 19-29 and I have no deals to work with - no pins for me and no AP rates. :confused: So, I just booked a AAA discount for Pop Century which my agent said was a better deal than the AP rate that she could see in her system. I am still holding on to hope that I'll be offered the free dining and/or a published AP room rate. At least I have my spot on hold for now. It's really, really frustrating that they wait so long to publish the discounts. I like to have my plans in place...not wait til the last minute. :sad2:

I am happy that rates are out, don't get me wrong, but after ALL the extra waiting, and seeing what they offered GP, I was kinda thinking these would be much better. Oh well, every little bit helps I guess.

Tell me about it....we arrive June 7th. Luckily we have the GP offer, which is better than nothing. We used to get pin codes all the time, but I guess they figured after 4 trips in 12 months, they have us hooked :laughing: Little do they know that those trips ONLY happened because of the hugely discounted rooms... Looks like park hoppers for us this trip (and without those AP's we WON'T be back for the multiple trips in 2011)

Cinderumbrella...are you going to renew your APs? Ours expire in July and I have to decide whether it's that good of a deal for next year! I just booked our trip for May...We are going with kayla and Angela...just Drew and I...call me and let's have lunch and discuss Disney! :cool1:

Is there any way to see the AP website without having an activated AP? We have vouchers, but we aren't activating them until we get there.

Yes, we also have the wedding vouchers. The numbers on the back will work for signing up on the site.

Is there any way to see the AP website without having an activated AP? We have vouchers, but we aren't activating them until we get there.

Yes! I just have a voucher right now and can access the site. When you click on the passholder link, it will give you a couple of design options to choose what most resembles your voucher. It was a little tricky trying to do it because my voucher has numbers on it that you ignore and don't input when registering it. It was a guessing game and lots of trial and error. If you have problems, just ask the dis. Somebody here always has the answer.

Yes! I just have a voucher right now and can access the site. When you click on the passholder link, it will give you a couple of design options to choose what most resembles your voucher. It was a little tricky trying to do it because my voucher has numbers on it that you ignore and don't input when registering it. It was a guessing game and lots of trial and error. If you have problems, just ask the dis. Somebody here always has the answer.

Fantastic, thank you!

I was waiting for these AP discounts too, but since we're in a Value and adding the DDP anyway AND my friend would need a hopper ticket, the free dining pin worked out better for us. I'm just going to save my ticket for either a future trip or AP renewal.

Cinderumbrella...are you going to renew your APs? Ours expire in July and I have to decide whether it's that good of a deal for next year! I just booked our trip for May...We are going with kayla and Angela...just Drew and I...call me and let's have lunch and discuss Disney! :cool1:

:wave:

I will PM you!

Very disappointed to see they arent' released into July. boooo! Doing split stay and need AP rate especially for end of trip - need a night at POFQ, and a night at Poly/BC or CBR - whichever has availability and like the price.

Just for kicks, plugged in a one night stay june 1-2 to see price and availability... POFQ not available, Poly was $$$$, no preferred or regular pirate at CBR, and BC was higher than I've paid before with AP. Am worried now when they do release into July that it will be similar.

Hate waiting till last minute to book trip, which seems what I have to do now waiting so long for AP rates. ugh! Really want my dining squared away, as is dependant on where I am staying, and now with free dining released, am a bit panicky about ADR availability.

Of course, I get a stupid free dining pin in email today. Really would be nice to use it, and wish they made those deals usable for AP holders w/o having to rebuy more tickets. Yes, am beginning to rethink this whole AP bit now. Problem is we all have APs that are good till the fall, AND each have a 4-day base ticket to apply to renewal of next AP... truly don't need more tickets!

Could someone post the dates available please. My AP is expired and I can't access the website

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter