A glimmer of hope for passholders...

IMGONNABE40!

<font color=green>Okay, I already am 40, but if I
I just got off the phone with a CM. I called to cancel my upcoming reservation May 6-9. After waiting about 30 minutes (way longer then the "less than 11 minutes" anticipated wait time...) I told the very pleasant CM that I was calling to cancel my upcoming trip. She asked what brought on the cancellation. I told her that I really didn't want to cancel, that actually I wanted to upgrade my resort and upgrade my room only to a package. But, since the passholder rates were not available for my dates, I was just going to cancel and go elsewhere.

Her response... "Well, the May passholder rates will be available tomorrow." Really?!? I asked her if I could go ahead and book now since I was holding, well...way longer than 11 minutes already and she said I couldn't since the codes were not yet in the system. "Oh, says I...I will need a code?" And she says no, the new passholder rates will be available tomorrow for all passholders.

I sure hope that is accurate and not that she didn't want to end her shift with a cancellation... I told her I'd be calling tomorrow and she said they'd be available until 10 PM.

Thank you so much for posting this! There's a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, lol

I spoke to a CM a few hours ago to get a room for the scavenger hunt, and she said, very slyly, "I see you are a frequent visitor - I assume you are a passholder. You should have hope very soon". Exact words... I was like, am I speaking to Yoda rn?! And then she went on to talk about how everyone was excited to work overtime for all of the requests that will come in to apply passholder discounts to previously booked trips... a little strange to be admitting to me, but hey, if it means discounts really are coming, YIPPEEEEE!:banana:

I called a today, too, and was told by my CM that he couldn't say anything else but that the AP discounts were going to be coming out very soon. He repeated "soon" a couple of times. :banana:

:tinker:pixiedust: sending a ton of Pixie Dust everyones way.

I don't know why but about a month ago I got an AP e-mail Pin Didn't even know they exisited, have gotten other pins before but never a AP pin.

I don't remember exactly what was offered but we took the 40% deluxe. Had it applied to our room only reservation.

:goodvibesMission accomplished! Got AP rate for my dates May 6-9. The updated dates are not showing on the website yet, but I called and they said the rates were available for May. Sorry, I forgot to see how far out the dates extended. Good luck everyone!

Any chance you can share what the discounts are? Even though they aren't posted yet, even when they are I can't check the website since our AP's aren't active yet- we got the vouchers for our Escape wedding but we're waiting to activate them until we arrive in WDW.

April 25 to June 2. that's what i was just told. what the heck is up with that! she said the same thing when she got the memo this AM.

this deff wasn't the case last year. the rates were released the middle of march (pretty sure) and they went through a quarter.

but only 1 month extra released per the CM

Moderator: Can we maybe change this thread name to "official AP tracking thread" or something sim so we don't have 400 new threads popping up today. :)

jim

Just got off the phone- they are available from April 25- June 2nd. It is for ap and not FL res. I was hoping for July but the CM told look around the 1st of April.

Rates are for April 25-June 2. Here's the discounts -
40% off deluxe villas
35% off most deluxe
30% off most moderates and Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian
25% off most value resorts and Port Orleans French Quarter
20% off All Star Music
15% off the campsites

Okay, so basically AP rates are here that cover one month:sad2: So it is easier to get a GP rate now than an AP rate, makes the decision on renewing the AP easy now.

The room discounts were one of the most attractive features of the AP for our family without them or with relase of AP pins to select holders it is no longer fiscally responsible to purchase them.

Thanks for posting this!!!! :cool1:

Got my ressie changed and saved an additional $125, that's dinner somewhere! :thumbsup2

Moderator: Can we maybe change this thread name to "official AP tracking thread" or something sim so we don't have 400 new threads popping up today. :)

jim

There were already a couple of threads started before this one. Here they are:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2488747

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2663575

Any hoo, after all this waiting, I called this am only to be told that I already have a general code that is better than the AP rate! What's the point in being a passholder?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter